• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Forums Upgraded

Rate this topic

My only gripe is that there are no longer links to Red Wings stories from the various media sources. I liked having all the wings headlines in one place. Other than that I like it.

Was just coming on to ask about that as I relied heavily on the stories to know what was going on as an out of state Wings fan. Would LOVE to have that back!!!! PLEASE!!!

Love the red theme.

Franzen needs to go bye-bye (perhaps osgood in the background)

Was just coming on to ask about that as I relied heavily on the stories to know what was going on as an out of state Wings fan. Would LOVE to have that back!!!! PLEASE!!!

I'm currently looking into a way to integrate this back. If I can get it to work correctly (and not slow down the site) what I'd like to do is create an "expand for news" tab that will push down the content of the page slightly and offer headlines from a variety of sources instead of just one. (For instance, four columns of different bullet lists of news/blog articles... but will be hidden unless you select the tab to expand/view it. It would also be able to be toggled back.)

However, this is VERY early in that stage. I'll see if I can get it working like I hope -- if not I'll have to shelf it for a while.

Yes, it did. Conversations seemed to devolve rather frequently and disagreements there tended to foster resentment elsewhere on the forums (and it showed in the confrontational nature of some posters when replying to members they didn't agree with in the political forum.) Overall it was far more trouble than it was worth, and was subsequently axed.

As an update: I have the "news tab" expander working on my development install of the forums. Once I'm able to parse the various RSS feeds I'll be adding it to the forums here. So the "news headlines" that several of you have mentioned missing should be back -- barring any unforseen problems -- soon and better than ever (more headlines for more sources.)

Everything looks great!

One problem though. After last season, I think Franzen still has to earn having his picture on the top of the site. It's odd seeing him in the company of Datsyuk, Zetterberg and the Wings greats of old.

Me too. Without negs how am I going to know who to hate? Oh well.

LGW, where everything's made up and the points don't matter!

But seriously, I will miss the negs....How will I be able to identify the crazies, the trolls, and the Minnesota Wild fans without them????

One problem though. After last season, I think Franzen still has to earn having his picture on the top of the site. It's odd seeing him in the company of Datsyuk, Zetterberg and the Wings greats of old.

No worries -- it was more source material than anything. I had two large, hi-res images of Franzen that fit the look of the Datsyuk/Zetterberg photos and had them both in home/away sweaters. I plan on doing some updating come July 1st, anyway. (Lidstrom left me scrambling for a 3rd "in color" player as he was previously one of the three.)

No worries -- it was more source material than anything. I had two large, hi-res images of Franzen that fit the look of the Datsyuk/Zetterberg photos and had them both in home/away sweaters. I plan on doing some updating come July 1st, anyway. (Lidstrom left me scrambling for a 3rd "in color" player as he was previously one of the three.)

There's some pre-cut Red Wings images here, if you are looking for a different player to add (Jimmy has some good ones)

Also, if Holland bombs out on July 1st, I vote to replace Franzen with Jimmy Howard on the forum image.

I was very close to having Howard or Kronwall in the 3rd spot. Full disclosure: I'm waiting to see what happens after July 1st. Everything is easily editable in the original PSD files I created.

I was very close to having Howard or Kronwall in the 3rd spot. Full disclosure: I'm waiting to see what happens after July 1st. Everything is easily editable in the original PSD files I created.

Hopefully you'll have to photoshop Parise and Suter into Wings sweaters. :)

Guest Shoreline

Is there a setting to disable the stuff in a thread between fast reply and "(x) users are reading this topic" from showing up? (i.e. "similar topics" and "also tagged..")

I see a minimize button for "similar topics" but I want to be able to disable both entirely because 1) it adds unnecessary amounts of bloat to a page for my liking.and 2) when I close my browser I have it purposefully set to delete all cookies, which makes the minimizing thing moot, a toggle which is only available for that part and not the "tagging" section anyways.

At the moment on my desktop I'm forced to adblocking those sections but for my other computers maybe there's some forum setting I hopefully overlooked so I don't have to adblock those sections on every computer.

Edited by Shoreline