• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

NHL Awards

Rate this topic

Turned it off after about 30 minutes. The "celebrities" who were invited to host just seemed not to care that much and if someone was writing their jokes, that person should be run out of town. The whole thing is just too long and not well done.

All the awards went as I thought with the exception of Karlsson winning the Norris. Another award goes the way of point totals I guess.

Wow... You know, when I saw he had the nomination I wasn't surprised. I am a little surprised he actually won it though.

Wow... You know, when I saw he had the nomination I wasn't surprised. I am a little surprised he actually won it though.

He won over Weber by 12 votes.

I was definitely surprised by the win. I figured voters would wait another season to see if he panned out and developed defensively a bit. But I guess it's easier for hockey writers to go by points.

As much as it would've sickened me for Weber to win it, he was more deserving.

The funniest part is over on hfboards Sens fans are comparing Karlsson to Coffey, Leetch, and now a few are saying to compare him to Orr isn't much of a stretch.

Doan winning the leadership award was a bit of a joke too after his behavior after the Coyotes got eliminated. Crying in the lockerroom about the refs being against them.

As much as it would've sickened me for Weber to win it, he was more deserving.

Doan winning the leadership award was a bit of a joke too after his behavior after the Coyotes got eliminated. Crying in the lockerroom about the refs being against them.

I thought Weber would eventually win it. He might have next year's on lockdown if he has just a good season due to any of this year's voter's remorse.

And a lot of people want Shane Doan to be a Red Wing. I'm also very intrigued by the idea to say the least. But I could've sworn he's made the same ref complaints in regards to the Wings. I feel like I vaguely remember him doing so just a couple years ago. It's that kind of thing that makes me wonder that he simply wouldn't consider Detroit as a place to play.

Yeah the f-bomb from King Henrik was awesome. That guy is a cool cat. But the show itself was somewhat boring. I always watch it just for the hell of it, knowing that its almost the last little bit of hockey until next season. (Draft being the last apple in the bag).

Karlsson winning the Norris is not good for the award. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but only a good dman. The award is for best overall dman, not point leader among dmen. Award should have gone to Weber or Chara. Pietrangelo should have gotten nominated over Karlsson in my books.

I don't know how else to say it, but the NHL needs to cut the s*** and just hand out the damn awards.

The NHL is not thinking of its audience when it plans these awards shows. Don't have celebraties give out the awards, have current and former players give out the awards. Am I the only one thinking that Ted Lindsay should be the one handing out the Ted LIndsay Award? And stop with the lame ass jokes. This isn't the Oscars or the Golden Globes. The audience for the NHL Awards is narrower and more concerned with the actual awards than being "entertained."

The show could easily be an hour long and provide a better product than what currently exists.

Edited by Dirty Dangle