• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

NHL Awards

Rate this topic

The highlight of the show for me, and the only one for that matter, was Lundqvist dropping an f-bomb under his breath while excepting the Vezina. Goes to prove there's still only one perfect Swede in the world. Other than that, the show was absolute cheese, but it always is.

Did they edit it out of the video on NHL.com? During his speech they cut out a part, which I'm assuming was f bomby. I'm sure YT will have it.

Did they edit it out of the video on NHL.com? During his speech they cut out a part, which I'm assuming was f bomby. I'm sure YT will have it.

Henrik dropping the f-bombs was pretty funny.

Quick must be happy after his drunken speech at the Cup rally. Now another goalie's dropping f-bombs during a speech.

Karlsson winning the Norris is not good for the award. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but only a good dman. The award is for best overall dman, not point leader among dmen. Award should have gone to Weber or Chara. Pietrangelo should have gotten nominated over Karlsson in my books.

It's a terrible selection. People got excited because he scored a lot of goals and overlooked his DEFENSE. And the fact he didn't log a ton of ice on special teams.

It's a terrible selection. People got excited because he scored a lot of goals and overlooked his DEFENSE. And the fact he didn't log a ton of ice on special teams.

He logged a ton of time on special teams. It was just on the PP.

Among the seven defenseman on the team, he was dead last in SH TOI with an average of 33 seconds per game.

Call me crazy, but I still think you should have to log some PK time to win the award for best all-round defenseman. People can bring up Coffey and Leetch, but Karlsson is nowhere near Coffey's offensive output to ignore his lack of playing in all situations. And he's not Leetch yet either.

He logged a ton of time on special teams. It was just on the PP.

Among the seven defenseman on the team, he was dead last in SH TOI with an average of 33 seconds per game.

Call me crazy, but I still think you should have to log some PK time to win the award for best all-round defenseman. People can bring up Coffey and Leetch, but Karlsson is nowhere near Coffey's offensive output to ignore his lack of playing in all situations. And he's not Leetch yet either.

good to see i'm not the only person that still believes that the Norris should be awarded to the "overall" best dman, not the leading point scorer on D period. By the numbers, Chara and his 50+ points and +33 should have won it. The NHL needs to stop going mainstream catering to a new wave of bulls*** and keep at the very least the awards consistent with the description that comes with them. I was gonna "like" yours and DyingAlive's posts, but i used my daily max on LeftWinger and Drake Marcus...