• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:50 AM

Definitely weirdly awkward. Nickelback didn't help.

All the awards went as I thought with the exception of Karlsson winning the Norris. Another award goes the way of point totals I guess.

I thought Nickelback was the best part of the show.

#22 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

I enjoyed the Will Arnett videos, but the show was generally sub-par.

The videos can be found here- http://video.nhl.com...nsole?id=181901

#23 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

I enjoyed the Will Arnett videos, but the show was generally sub-par.

The videos can be found here- http://video.nhl.com...nsole?id=181901

I expect that Will Arnett will soon be suspended from appearing in next year's awards show.

#24 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

I don't know how else to say it, but the NHL needs to cut the s*** and just hand out the damn awards.

The NHL is not thinking of its audience when it plans these awards shows. Don't have celebraties give out the awards, have current and former players give out the awards. Am I the only one thinking that Ted Lindsay should be the one handing out the Ted LIndsay Award? And stop with the lame ass jokes. This isn't the Oscars or the Golden Globes. The audience for the NHL Awards is narrower and more concerned with the actual awards than being "entertained."

The show could easily be an hour long and provide a better product than what currently exists.

Edited by Dirty Dangle, 21 June 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#25 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

Now that I think about it some more, I really hope the NHL cuts their contract with Nickelback and send them to the NBA

#26 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

Now that I think about it some more, I really hope the NHL cuts their contract with Nickelback and send them to the NBA

If the owners are thinking about locking anyone out next season, it should be Nickelhack.

#27 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

The highlight of the show for me, and the only one for that matter, was Lundqvist dropping an f-bomb under his breath while excepting the Vezina. Goes to prove there's still only one perfect Swede in the world. Other than that, the show was absolute cheese, but it always is.

Did they edit it out of the video on NHL.com? During his speech they cut out a part, which I'm assuming was f bomby. I'm sure YT will have it.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#28 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Did they edit it out of the video on NHL.com? During his speech they cut out a part, which I'm assuming was f bomby. I'm sure YT will have it.

They probably did. The 7 second censor at NBCSN wasn't quick enough to get it live though.

#29 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Henrik dropping the f-bombs was pretty funny.

Quick must be happy after his drunken speech at the Cup rally. Now another goalie's dropping f-bombs during a speech.

#30 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

Arnett's impersonation of Shanahan was just terrible. My God. Impersonations are an extremely short-term comedy style anyways but that one wasn't even legitimate.

#31 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

I agree, I couldn't make it through them. I just tried to watch them a little while ago. And I like Will Arnett.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#32 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

#33 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

Karlsson winning the Norris is not good for the award. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but only a good dman. The award is for best overall dman, not point leader among dmen. Award should have gone to Weber or Chara. Pietrangelo should have gotten nominated over Karlsson in my books.

It's a terrible selection. People got excited because he scored a lot of goals and overlooked his DEFENSE. And the fact he didn't log a ton of ice on special teams.
Posted Image

#34 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

It's a terrible selection. People got excited because he scored a lot of goals and overlooked his DEFENSE. And the fact he didn't log a ton of ice on special teams.

He logged a ton of time on special teams. It was just on the PP.

Among the seven defenseman on the team, he was dead last in SH TOI with an average of 33 seconds per game.

Call me crazy, but I still think you should have to log some PK time to win the award for best all-round defenseman. People can bring up Coffey and Leetch, but Karlsson is nowhere near Coffey's offensive output to ignore his lack of playing in all situations. And he's not Leetch yet either.

#35 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

He logged a ton of time on special teams. It was just on the PP.

Among the seven defenseman on the team, he was dead last in SH TOI with an average of 33 seconds per game.

Call me crazy, but I still think you should have to log some PK time to win the award for best all-round defenseman. People can bring up Coffey and Leetch, but Karlsson is nowhere near Coffey's offensive output to ignore his lack of playing in all situations. And he's not Leetch yet either.

good to see i'm not the only person that still believes that the Norris should be awarded to the "overall" best dman, not the leading point scorer on D period. By the numbers, Chara and his 50+ points and +33 should have won it. The NHL needs to stop going mainstream catering to a new wave of bulls*** and keep at the very least the awards consistent with the description that comes with them. I was gonna "like" yours and DyingAlive's posts, but i used my daily max on LeftWinger and Drake Marcus...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#36 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

Someone needs to tell Kevin Smith that if you're fat and wearing a hockey jersey, people can still tell you're fat.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#37 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElD_tDBiBpw

:colgate: if Lundqvist wasn't already my favourite goalie in the NHL, he would be now just cause i found that so damn funny.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.