• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 SoupSnake

SoupSnake

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

I just spent 15 minutes trying to dig up an old thread but couldn't find it anywhere. A few months ago somebody posted something about Pavel and his daughter and somebody posted something speculating that the reason Pavel wasn't playing up to his usual level was because he had gone through a divorce or something like that. Obviously we all love these guys, and we shouldn't spend too much time prying into their personal lives but it really bugged me because Pavel is a great guy and I truly hope he is happy.

Anyway it looks like we can put that rumor to rest because as you can see below, the happy couple was on the red carpet together last night. I'm guessing Mrs. Datsyuk just isn't a big fan of the spotlight and that is why we don't see her too often.

Posted Image

Maybe nobody else cares about this, but I was really happy to see this picture. Like I said, Pavel is a great guy and a hope he has a long life of happiness.

Edited by SoupSnake, 21 June 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#2 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

I really hate digging into private lives of the players, but I don't think the rumors ever involved divorce. Just that she wasn't happy here in Detroit.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#3 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

I believe she and their daughter went back to Russia so their daughter could attend school there. As far as I know, I don't believe that there was more to it than wanting their daughter to grow up familiar with her native culture and roots.

#4 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

pav's wife is a total babe.. not what i expected at all
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#5 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

No, there was indeed speculation on at least one poster's part that claimed they heard Pavel and Svetlana had quietly divorced. I have no idea where they got that from, but I remember it as well. I for one am happy to see this.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#6 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

I just spent 15 minutes trying to dig up an old thread but couldn't find it anywhere. A few months ago somebody posted something about Pavel and his daughter and somebody posted something speculating that the reason Pavel wasn't playing up to his usual level was because he had gone through a divorce or something like that. Obviously we all love these guys, and we shouldn't spend too much time prying into their personal lives but it really bugged me because Pavel is a great guy and I truly hope he is happy.

Anyway it looks like we can put that rumor to rest because as you can see below, the happy couple was on the red carpet together last night. I'm guessing Mrs. Datsyuk just isn't a big fan of the spotlight and that is why we don't see her too often.

Posted Image

Maybe nobody else cares about this, but I was really happy to see this picture. Like I said, Pavel is a great guy and a hope he has a long life of happiness.

She's so cute

#7 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

Yeah the divorce nonsense is not true...Although, I do wonder if it is an added stress on Pavel that his wife and child live in Russia. You can dismiss things like that, but if any decent man was in that situation...it would impact him. Probably even more so as he (and his child) gets older.

Anyway, Svetlana Datsyuk seems pretty cool. I know that she and Pavel have been together way before he got famous playing hockey. So, none of that "I'm a hockey star so I married a hot babe!" crap from Pavel :colgate:

#8 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

pav's wife is a total babe.. not what i expected at all

Wife of one of hockey's best?

I beg to differ: she is EXACTLY what you expected!!!

#9 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

she's cute, like a 17 year old kinda cute.

#10 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

His daughter

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Red Wings Addict, 21 June 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#11 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

I only hope she realizes what a treasure she has in him. Deep down inside, this guy has a very romantic soul. And he is the real deal. When he was in Moscow with his daughter, she couldn't stop gushing about him, and he gave her a kiss on the top of her head like any proud father. He really is a treasure.
Posted Image

#12 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

http://www.kuklaskor..._pavel_datsyuk/

http://24.media.tumb...4rpho1_1280.jpg

Edited by AusWing40, 21 June 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#13 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

The picture from the NHL Awards and then the rest of the pictures from the parade and what not don't even look close to the same woman... :confused1: Am I missing something here?

Posted Image

#14 DatsyukianDangles122

DatsyukianDangles122

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

That's not his wife. They did indeed get divorced a few years ago.

#15 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

The picture from the NHL Awards and then the rest of the pictures from the parade and what not don't even look close to the same woman... :confused1: Am I missing something here?

I was thinking the same thing.

#16 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

Notice the lack of wedding band on Pav's left hand.

#17 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

That's the new gf, people!

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#18 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

Well I'll be. I never saw many pictures of Svetlana before so I didn't really notice, but he certainly isn't wearing a band at the award show. He certainly is wearing a big ass smile though. Things happen I suppose, but I'm happy that Pavel's happy.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#19 SoupSnake

SoupSnake

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

Whoops, when I first read the article it definitely said it was his wife... but it has now been updated to say "who's that lady?" Yeah the pics from the parade and the new ones definitely look different I just thought maybe the wife of a top NHLer got some plastic surgery.

I agree with everyone about staying out of Pavel's personal business. I definitely wouldn't have brought it up if the original article wasn't so misleading. Sorry everyone.

#20 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

I feel like I walked in on some awkward moment.

Backing away quietly...
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users