• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tim.D

2012 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Rate this topic

Would you trade Mule? That's likely where the deal would start (I would for Forsberg).

HELL YES

Honestly we need a future top centre and teravainen, faksa and grigs are still there. PLEASE HOLLAND. Move Franzen! With the Brunner deal he is less required than before. and ya, forsberg would be an upgrade for the future too on the wing.

Edited by dirtydangles

HELL YES

Honestly we need a future top centre and teravainen, faksa and grigs are still there. PLEASE HOLLAND. Move Franzen!

We need wingers much more than centres imo, Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Flippula/Helm is about as good of centre depth as you need. Franzen/Bertuzzi/Cleary/Hudler is not good enough winger depth.

We need wingers much more than centres imo, Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Flippula/Helm is about as good of centre depth as you need. Franzen/Bertuzzi/Cleary/Hudler is not good enough winger depth.

Agreed. Imagine if we could scoop up Ryan and Semin?

I do think the Red Wings need to make a big move, they don't neccessarily have to trade up in the draft, but if they don't they sure as hell better get some of the bigger name free agents. Our team needs to make improvements quickly.

Agreed. Imagine if we could scoop up Ryan and Semin?

That would be absolutely incredible. It'd be kind of like when we got knocked out in the first round in 01 then turned around and got hull and robataille. I'd be so happy

Imagine moving Z to dats wing and putting Fil on the wing permanently! We have youth at wing in the pipe that is elite. but not at centre. when z and dats go we are screwed at this point. Grigs is 6 3" malkin type with one of the highest ceilings in the draft. DO IT

Edited by dirtydangles

Imagine moving Z to dats wing and putting Fil on the wing permanently!

Z can play the wing just fine, but I don't like Fil in the winger role, he's played much better being a centre and being more involved on both ends. Either way i believe the wings have a glutton of great centers and are really lacking on the winger front, Forsberg would be an interesting move, but we'd have to give up too much for someone I'm not entirely sold on. Franzen while frusterating has proved he can help the team in a huge way, I'd rather add players through free agency and not have to give up talent.

Unless we are talking Rick Nash :colgate:

The only way to trade Mule is to take a contract back in return. It CAN be done.

I'm sure Bruins would trade Thomas or Savard, or Columbus Wisniewski.

Not all deal will result with the Red Wing being a better team.

I know I'd be pissed right now if I'm a Carolina fan. I'd rather the team not make a move, then make a bad one.

Z can play the wing just fine, but I don't like Fil in the winger role, he's played much better being a centre and being more involved on both ends. Either way i believe the wings have a glutton of great centers and are really lacking on the winger front, Forsberg would be an interesting move, but we'd have to give up too much for someone I'm not entirely sold on. Franzen while frusterating has proved he can help the team in a huge way, I'd rather add players through free agency and not have to give up talent.

Unless we are talking Rick Nash :colgate:

False. If you think Jarnkrok and Sheahan are guaranteed top 6 centres then okay, but other than that we are thin. and i doubt sheahan becomes a top 6 centre. we have good wings in nyquist, tatar, jurco that will all pan out likely. lets get a top talent at centre or go for forsberg. franzen can help this team for maybe 3 more years, these kids could be huge for 10+ years.

Hell, if noone wants Franzen's contract, trade Flip for Ryan.... You guys are right, Holland needs to step up and show the NHL, the Red Wings will NOT be pushed aside....RELOAD KENNY RELOAD! Make the Ryan trade, get Suter and if you settle for Semin, so be it!

I think Carolina was really dumb to trade for Staal. They could have waited it out and gotten much better.

The problem is they wanted that one guy and that one guy wanted to only go to that one team. So they were kind of over a barrel. Plus it creates fan excitement having the Staals together. I think they took the hit to make the play in that case.

I love McPhee saying "Thank you Pittsburgh" as they boo him.

the trick is what the flyers did. they had some good players on longish contracts and flipped them for young studs and picks. now they have serious assets. our issue is we let our players get old and then we can't trade them anymore.

This is exactly right. Trade players while they still have value and get value back for them. Reload before you NEED to reload. Now they have tons of great young talent. And Jagr. ;)