• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tim.D

2012 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Rate this topic

I haven't seen any indication reported that Holland was going to aggressively pursue trades at the draft. I truly don't understand the panic with nothing happening so far. The Red Wings have plenty of cap space and the front office has stated all along they planned to utilize free agency to address their needs.

I will be worried on July 2nd if the Red Wings haven't made moves. Until then, I was never expecting anything major to occur this weekend. There's not much need for it.

Edited by GoWings1905

I haven't seen any indication reported that Holland was going to pursue trades at the draft. I truly don't understand the panic with nothing happening so far. The Red Wings have plenty of cap space and the front office has stated all along they planned to utilize free agency to address their needs.

I will be worried on July 2nd if the Red Wings haven't made moves. Until then, I was never expecting anything major to occur this weekend. There's not much need for it.

Holland had said that he is open to trades at the draft if the right deal presents itself... I just hope that he is not hanging on to Franzen refusing to trade him...Sure, I am not panicking, but would love to get orgasmic tonight with a mega-trade!

I haven't seen any indication reported that Holland was going to aggressively pursue trades at the draft. I truly don't understand the panic with nothing happening so far. The Red Wings have plenty of cap space and the front office has stated all along they planned to utilize free agency to address their needs.

nobody is guaranteed through FA. we may be sitting with all our AWESOME cap space at the beginning of the next season.

i say do some ground work to get a 1st rounder next year and chase mackinnon. that kid is going to be a superstar. Makes the rest of the players in the QMJHL look like kids on the ice.

Holland had said that he is open to trades at the draft if the right deal presents itself... I just hope that he is not hanging on to Franzen refusing to trade him...Sure, I am not panicking, but would love to get orgasmic tonight with a mega-trade!

I get that. I'm sure Holland would be open to the right deal, but I can't envision that happening for a lot of reasons. Mainly due to the fact the Red Wings can address most of their needs on July 1st without giving up valuable assets in the process. Sure, Ryan is available, but say goodbye to Filppula probably and definitely Smith for starters. I just don't see the point with the opportunity to add significant pieces just days away.

I get that. I'm sure Holland would be open to the right deal, but I can't envision that happening for a lot of reasons. Mainly due to the fact the Red Wings can address most of their needs on July 1st without giving up valuable assets in the process. Sure, Ryan is available, but say goodbye to Filppula probably and definitely Smith for starters. I just don't see the point with the opportunity to add significant pieces just days away.

I don't think SMith would have to be included....I'd say goodbye to Filppula, Mursak, Quincey, 2nd...for Ryan and Schultz... be sad to see Filppula go, but this is Bobby Ryan...

When teams are getting players for 2013 draft picks, it's kind of puzzling to see why someone would wait until MAYBE they can out-woo every other team in the NHL AND write them the biggest check.

The wings will be a lottery team for the next 10 years because they arnt over paying for Ryan or Parise's rights? Settle down everyone. Holland and Babcock have in one way or another said they will be aggressive on July 1 and see the need to get bigger, grittier, and tougher to play against.

The wings will be a lottery team for the next 10 years because they arnt over paying for Ryan or Parise's rights? Settle down everyone. Holland and Babcock have in one way or another said they will be aggressive on July 1 and see the need to get bigger, grittier, and tougher to play against.

BUT I WANT IT NOW

:shutup:

We are trying to get both a top 6 forward and a replacement for Lidstrom on July 1. I would have tried to take care of one of those at the draft.

:blink: I am not seeing people saying the Wings will be a lottery team...and even if Holland does nothing today, does't mean he won't tomorrow or September 30th... Tonight would just be a great stage to stamp his foot on and show the rest of the teams, they're back! He may not trade for Ryan, but everyone agree's HE MUST MAKE AN IMPACT THIS OFF SEASON or the Wings will have a serious problem this season...But it's early, really only the official start to the off season, July 1st is coming quick, but thus far, it's been the same old Holland. Not complaining (yet) but just saying and echoing a lot of folks here tonight. Holland had said he would be aggressive and spend up to the Cap, so what's wrong with a little bit of hope that he bangs a gong on draft day? So far, nothing...so in defense of the folks that are upset...so far, same old Holland.

Detroit doesn't want to get rid of their old players. They tend to still contribute and play for less money while being leaders.

Would you have wanted to trade Lidstrom and Yzerman?

not that you are saying that Franzen or Filppula are a Lidstrom or Yzerman.... (just thought I'd clarify that for the others)

but yes, I would trade Franzen or Filpulla for Ryan or Nash...for sure, in a minute.

Pitt is getting better....these guys they are picking are one or two years away from the NHL...the trade earlier has Sutter ready for the NHL...that is another reason some folks are getting a bit antsy with Holland, perhaps our biggest Eastern Conf. rival is getting younger and better and Holland is...well and so far, same old Holland.

Kenny....It's party time! Lets do it!

Make a stand....slap Shero in the face! I am sure your phone rang a few times tonight...Make like Luke and Let Go! The past is gone...Lidstrom is gone...time to move on...Feel The Force...Grow a set...

Edited by LeftWinger

not that you are saying that Franzen or Filppula are a Lidstrom or Yzerman.... (just thought I'd clarify that for the others)

but yes, I would trade Franzen or Filpulla for Ryan or Nash...for sure, in a minute.

But why would Anaheim or Columbus?

Trades take two teams.

We are trying to get both a top 6 forward and a replacement for Lidstrom on July 1. I would have tried to take care of one of those at the draft.

But at what cost? Bobby Ryan would be awesome but he's not worth selling our future for. We know Suter will be there, and even though they are rumors, it sounds like we are a favorite to land him. And there's no guarantee Parise will even leave NJ. Semin will be out there, i know hes got baggage, but at the right cap hit he will be a great B option

But at what cost? Bobby Ryan would be awesome but he's not worth selling our future for. We know Suter will be there, and even though they are rumors, it sounds like we are a favorite to land him. And there's no guarantee Parise will even leave NJ. Semin will be out there, i know hes got baggage, but at the right cap hit he will be a great B option

even with those two guys we are like 3-4 years away from z and dats being old. I'm scared. who will replace them?