• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tim.D

2012 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Rate this topic

Man do I hope Holland is aggressive. He's gotta start pouncing on s*** like he's a lion and not a house cat!

Aaaannd from the looks of it they won't do that much. But that could all change with a single phone call.

Guest Heaten

I don't think SMith would have to be included....I'd say goodbye to Filppula, Mursak, Quincey, 2nd...for Ryan and Schultz... be sad to see Filppula go, but this is Bobby Ryan...

You seem to have unrealistic expectations. It's a bit delusional to think Holland can trade one decent player and a bunch of scraps for potential stars.

It's going to take Filppula + Smith (and possibly) Nyquist to get those two guys. Especially considering what Pens got for Staal, Holland will need to mortgage the future.

I'm glad he didn't do anything hasty tonight like you were eagerly proposing. Red Wings are better off...

Forsberg at 12 is an absolute still I mean, as a projected top 5 prospect he has to like the slide instead of going to a bottomfeeder, he will play alongside Backstrom, OV and others.

I think Tampa took another risky pick here, what is it with Stevie going after heavily injured picks? The guy only played 26 games and from what I've read wasn't impressive. He should have picked Forsberg (replacement for St. Luis).

I am indifferent on the Sabres pick though, thinking Grigorenko has KHL written all over him if things are going in a different direction.

Well it seems like Kenny is working very hard in order to bring Hudler back. :dntknw:

I was listening to channel 7 news about 20 minutes ago and they said that the Wings and Hudler are not coming to a contact and he will be talking to other teams on the 1st. I'm trying to find a link, I was hoping that their website would have it, but they don't. I'll keep looking. If anyone else was watching, maybe they can confirm that they heard this as well.

I was listening to channel 7 news about 20 minutes ago and they said that the Wings and Hudler are not coming to a contact and he will be talking to other teams on the 1st. I'm trying to find a link, I was hoping that their website would have it, but they don't. I'll keep looking. If anyone else was watching, maybe they can confirm that they heard this as well.

Yup. I heard that as well.

Man. Didn't Holland say he was going to make a move within 15 minutes of the draft starting? Trade deadline all over again. Not that it's a huge deal if he doesn't make a move, but we're sort of starved for news of any kind and I was looking forward to hearing some.

I just hope holland gives us something to get excited about. If the price of staal was so high, I'm afraid of what te price for Ryan would be. I can understand being gun shy to go after Ryan when there is a chance that you can sign Parise without losing any assets

too bad looks like Ryan wants to go to Philly. It keeps getting worse for wings fans

If I read the article correctly, Ryan didn't come out saying he wanted to go to Philly. I believe he said that out if the 4 teams that he heard were interested that Philly would be his top destination. I could be wrong...

If I read the article correctly, Ryan didn't come out saying he wanted to go to Philly. I believe he said that out if the 4 teams that he heard were interested that Philly would be his top destination. I could be wrong...

Anaheim Ducks forward Bobby Ryan has heard all the rumors that his team is shopping him, and he tells Randy Miller of the Camden, N.J., Courier-Post on Friday that he’s ready to move on with his career elsewhere — and that he would love to join his hometown Philadelphia Flyers. (Ryan is from South Jersey.)

“For me, if I’m moved, Philadelphia would be a very ideal and comfortable place for me,” said Ryan, a four-time 30-goal scorer.

That sounds like he is pretty interested in Philly. No one mentions Detroit and with our limited trade assets and Holland being a ****** about trading any assets, it doesn't look likely.

we just picked some goalie never heard of ugh ..... checking top european prospects and specfically swedes found someone that kinda interests me

17 yr old gustav rydahl 6"3 190

A big and strong playmaker with pretty good hands. Fairly good speed and two-way ability. Some leadership qualities. Impressive vision and is strong on the puck. Can initiate physical contact. (EP 2012)

sounds good , hoping he can be an andersson pick plus hes got size and sounds like he can play

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=33357

Anaheim Ducks forward Bobby Ryan has heard all the rumors that his team is shopping him, and he tells Randy Miller of the Camden, N.J., Courier-Post on Friday that he’s ready to move on with his career elsewhere — and that he would love to join his hometown Philadelphia Flyers. (Ryan is from South Jersey.)

“For me, if I’m moved, Philadelphia would be a very ideal and comfortable place for me,” said Ryan, a four-time 30-goal scorer.

That sounds like he is pretty interested in Philly. No one mentions Detroit and with our limited trade assets and Holland being a ****** about trading any assets, it doesn't look likely.

Thanks for the clarification, I think i just read a part of the article and misinterpreted it. I just know Philly has always chased him so that probably helps away Ryan wanting to go there because he knows he is wanted there... The asking price will be steep though...

Just once I wish we were able to draft someone who could start playing this year. Superstar at 49th pick isn't too unreasonable, is it? Haha.

I hate admitting that Pittsburgh's GM is really good. That team has made some great moves over the past few years to stay in contention. Picking 8th was a nice touch. And they really seem to have loaded up on picks.

Edited by VM1138

Honestly the only guy I see who could replace our Mastermind, is Ray Shero this guy is an impressive GM and pains me to admit that, but rcredit where its due.

I agree. Holland used to be like Shero. He took many risks but he got burned a couple times ( ex. trading for Lang) and now he is all about making the safe decisions. Problem is we arnt the Wings of 8 years ago with the likes of Yzerman and Lidstrom. Players don't want to come to Detroit like they used to. Start taking risks Holland! You can't get anywhere in this league thinking players will come to you.

Honestly the only guy I see who could replace our Mastermind, is Ray Shero this guy is an impressive GM and pains me to admit that, but rcredit where its due.

I agree, they pick up some great assets for Staal, make a cap room by trading Zbynek for either Parise and/or Sutter