Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

crap ... cant see gustav rydahl being there when we pick next

#242 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

I agree. Holland used to be like Shero. He took many risks but he got burned a couple times ( ex. trading for Lang) and now he is all about making the safe decisions. Problem is we arnt the Wings of 8 years ago with the likes of Yzerman and Lidstrom. Players don't want to come to Detroit like they used to. Start taking risks Holland! You can't get anywhere in this league thinking players will come to you.

There is still Dats. I think a lot of players around the league would love to play with him. Going 1st pick in last seasons All-Star game is a testament of that.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#243 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

RASMUS BODIN .... dammm hes 6'6 lets hope andersson got us a player

theres no nhl page on him sounds like an andersson pick ..... cross your fingers!

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 23 June 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#244 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

Very good draft by the wings... nice job kenny and crew... Now lets make some noise a week from tomorrow!

Go Wings!

#245 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

McKee seems to be a BEAST...

Bodin - 6'-6" forward... can he skate/hit?
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#246 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

no idea! .... this is the only page i found on him

http://eliteprospect...hp?player=40853

just turned 18 and 207 pds so hopefully he can be a player even if its the 3rd or 4th line be nice to add that size!

anyone know if we can sign anyone who wasnt drafted?

had my eye on him ....

http://www.elitepros...hp?player=33357

still 17

#247 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

Well....so far...same old off season...same old Holland...Hey Holland, TRADE Af****** ASSET!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#248 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

Well....so far...same old off season...same old Holland...Hey Holland, TRADE Af****** ASSET!

THIS!!!THIS!!!THIS!!!

#249 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

Very good draft by the wings... nice job kenny and crew... Now lets make some noise a week from tomorrow!

Go Wings!

Yes! Fianally a positive post about the draft. Everyone needs to stop freaking out.. If nothing happens July 1st, by all means be pissed. But for now, I trust holland to make this team great just as he always has.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#250 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

i like the frk and mckee picks as well as the potential of bodin ....good draft day considering we dealt our 19th pick id say ... not sold on athanasiou being a player but overall pleased

#251 whitewolf406

whitewolf406

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

Grapes ought to be happy with us for once with all the Canadians.
Bozeman, Montana

#252 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

A 7th round swedish pick that 'only' Hakan heard of...got to be a steal lol

#253 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

i like the frk and mckee picks as well as the potential of bodin ....good draft day considering we dealt our 19th pick id say ... not sold on athanasiou being a player but overall pleased

To me, the most intriguing pick is Athanasiou given what's been said of the kid's speed & skill. Discipline & hard work can be taught, natural speed & skill can't. If there's a player the Wings drafted this year that will be known as the steal of his draft class, I think he could be it.

Scouting video here: http://video.capital...nsole?id=181614

Edited by ogreslayer, 23 June 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#254 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

Holland didn't pick any defensemen?

To me, the most intriguing pick is Athanasiou given what's been said of the kid's speed & skill. Discipline & hard work can be taught, natural speed & skill can't. If there's a player the Wings drafted this year that will be known as the steal of his draft class, I think he could be it.

Yeah I am more excited about Athanasiou than I am about Frk, honestly. He looks like he could be a solid 3rd liner someday. Perhaps DRWs will have one of the fastest lines in the NHL again =D

Edited by Heaten, 23 June 2012 - 01:17 PM.

#255 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

http://twitter.com/jdehaas3

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations tweets and texts! Awesome feeling, glad to be a Red Wing, looking forward to getting started:)

Edited by Konnan511, 23 June 2012 - 01:24 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#256 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

Just got back from the draft. My son and I didn't get Stevie to autograph his birth certificate, but we got to see the Stanley Cup, had custom made Upper Deck cards of us and NHL posted our picture on Twitter! Al in all it was a pretty awesome day!

https://twitter.com/...2812672/photo/1

#257 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

I really cannot say to the extent what our draft is of yet... I just know if we don't outdo the Penguins I am going to be pissed.

Get ready to be disappointed.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#258 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

A few hours ago this is what a Flyers beat writer tweeted:

Randy Miller@RandyJMiller
Here at NHL Draft hearing Suter is going to sign with Detroit and Parise will go to Penguins #Flyers

If we can get Suter and Semin I would definitely not be disappointed... Don't get me wrong I would prefer Parise. But we'll see, should be fun.

#259 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

wings went for forward depth this draft as opposed to dmen like last year. all the decent dmen seemed to disappear in the 1st round pretty much. wish we moved up but, oh well. kenny knows I'm a wings fan for life.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#260 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

A 7th round swedish pick that 'only' Hakan heard of...got to be a steal lol

A huge player with great strength and reach. Has a cannon of a shot. Works hard. Surprisingly mobile for a player of his great stature. Very raw. Project. (EP 2012) Yeah, I think this is a good pick when you see the words Works hard, mobile, great stature, Very Raw, and Project with a Red Wing. See you in six years Bodin. Also, Great name.

My overall impression of the draft on D-Day is that I think we for the most part left our past draft strategy behind, which would scare me if I didn't think we were fully stocked. I keep wondering how we can keep all these players around, so some variety in strategy is nice. Our first pick in the second round was about as good as our fourth rounder in Teemu, which scares me. I think the goalie was a good safe pick. I like the size though I wonder if it will overcome the skill of our smaller prospects.

I am interested to see them play so I can figure out where they fit in the future. I don't think we did great, but I do think we did okay. Even with Quincey added to this draft, it feels weak. Though I suspect Bodin will be a solid player for us.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.