#261 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

A few hours ago this is what a Flyers beat writer tweeted:

Randy Miller@RandyJMiller
Here at NHL Draft hearing Suter is going to sign with Detroit and Parise will go to Penguins #Flyers

If we can get Suter and Semin I would definitely not be disappointed... Don't get me wrong I would prefer Parise. But we'll see, should be fun.

Of the two, I would prefer Parise as well, but the Wings needs at this point dictate Suter signing is more imperative. I have my fingers crossed.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#262 Zonly1

Zonly1

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

come on Holland. Do something. Pittsburgh is getting stronger while we are still stagnant. Need a goal scorer and a solid 1st pair d-man.

#263 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

Of the two, I would prefer Parise as well, but the Wings needs at this point dictate Suter signing is more imperative. I have my fingers crossed.

Ya, well if Pit gets Parise, then they definitely have upgraded themselves pretty good. I also agree that Suter is priority 1. We will see who signs first and then see if it's true they want to play together for real.... I also agree that signing Suter and Semin is better than just Suter or just Parise and you never know, Semin may be better here than Parise...it's all a gamble! I would still like to acquire Bobby Ryan somehow....

EDIT: honestly, I don't know how much of an upgrade Parise is to Staal, but no doubt they have to replace Staal and Parise is a winger, so that helps Crysby out...If we can score Suter & Semin, I all for a Stanley Cup rubber match!

Also, there is still that outside chance of Doan or Smyth...I know they are lifers, but one season to go for it all would be a chance maybe they couldn't resist!?!?

Edited by LeftWinger, 23 June 2012 - 03:46 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#264 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

Ya, well if Pit gets Parise, then they definitely have upgraded themselves pretty good. I also agree that Suter is priority 1. We will see who signs first and then see if it's true they want to play together for real.... I also agree that signing Suter and Semin is better than just Suter or just Parise and you never know, Semin may be better here than Parise...it's all a gamble! I would still like to acquire Bobby Ryan somehow....

EDIT: honestly, I don't know how much of an upgrade Parise is to Staal, but no doubt they have to replace Staal and Parise is a winger, so that helps Crysby out...If we can score Suter & Semin, I all for a Stanley Cup rubber match!

They already got Staal's replacement as their 3rd line center in Brandon Sutter. Staal ultimately was over qualified to be stuck in the 3rd line imo & Sutter will be a serviceable replacement. IF they do get Parise, Shero just pulled a major upgrade as he'll have another legitimate, top-line winger to pair with either Cindy or Geno.

#265 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

come on Holland. Do something. Pittsburgh is getting stronger while we are still stagnant. Need a goal scorer and a solid 1st pair d-man.

What Kenny could do:

Bring back Hudler as top six forward
Bring back for the 2nd tour Sammy as the RW top six forward
Bring back for the 2nd tour Lilja to play with Kronwall

I don't know why but for the some reasons Holland loves to bring people for the 2nd tour...

They already got Staal's replacement as their 3rd line center in Brandon Sutter. Staal ultimately was over qualified to be stuck in the 3rd line imo & Sutter will be a serviceable replacement. IF they do get Parise, Shero just pulled a major upgrade as he'll have another legitimate, top-line winger to pair with either Cindy or Geno.

And they can add Suter without any problems now that Zbynek is gone.

http://spectorshocke...e-june-23-2012/

NBC SPORTS PRO HOCKEY TALK: Joe Yerdon cited a “tweet” from Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Rob Rossi claiming Penguins GM Ray Shero, after trading away Jordan Staal, contacted Nashville Predators GM David Poile to discuss the rights of pending UFA blueliner Ryan Suter. Poile, however, isn’t trading Suter’s rights as he hopes to re-sign him.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: It appears Shero has moved away from Suter to Phoenix’s Keith Yandle, though his dealing Zbynek Michalek back to the Coyotes last night could instead signal he’s clearing cap space to take a serious run at Suter via the UFA market on July 1.

Report: Penguins to make play for Zach Parise

http://prohockeytalk...or-zach-parise/
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#266 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

If f****** Pittsburgh ends up with Suter AND Parise, I am done, I am jumping off the proverbial bridge....

Edited by LeftWinger, 23 June 2012 - 04:12 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#267 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

What Kenny could do:

Bring back Hudler as top six forward
Bring back for the 2nd tour Sammy as the RW top six forward
Bring back for the 2nd tour Lilja to play with Kronwall

I don't know why but for the some reasons Holland loves to bring people for the 2nd tour...

And they can add Suter without any problems now that Zbynek is gone.

http://spectorshocke...e-june-23-2012/

NBC SPORTS PRO HOCKEY TALK: Joe Yerdon cited a “tweet” from Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Rob Rossi claiming Penguins GM Ray Shero, after trading away Jordan Staal, contacted Nashville Predators GM David Poile to discuss the rights of pending UFA blueliner Ryan Suter. Poile, however, isn’t trading Suter’s rights as he hopes to re-sign him.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: It appears Shero has moved away from Suter to Phoenix’s Keith Yandle, though his dealing Zbynek Michalek back to the Coyotes last night could instead signal he’s clearing cap space to take a serious run at Suter via the UFA market on July 1.

Report: Penguins to make play for Zach Parise

http://prohockeytalk...or-zach-parise/

The thing is, Pit only has $14M in cap space and if they both signed there it would make 12 forwards and 5 defensemen. I am sure it is going to cost at least $7M each, so that would leave an incomplete team...I am sure they still want to re-sign Matt Niskanen and he is an RFA who made $1.5M last season...not unless they pull a rabbit out of their hat and get them for $6M each.... seriously, I will be done with the whole damn thing if this happens....I rather centcougartown be right and have them both go to Minny...

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#268 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

If f****** Pittsburgh ends up with Suter AND Parise, I am done, I am jumping off the proverbial bridge....

How the hell can they afford all this? I can't stand the Pens but they have done an amazing job, Crosby, Malkin, Sutter down the middle and 2 solid first round picks this year.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#269 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Suter already said he won't play in the East. They're obviously clearing space for a big splash, but Suter won't be their big splash.

We just drafted a heavyweight fighter in Mike McKee.

Hopefully he can pan out. Watched a few vids of him. Seems like he can throw em. Question is, can he play?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#270 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

Suter already said he won't play in the East. They're obviously clearing space for a big splash, but Suter won't be their big splash.

Gosh, I hope you are right! I just need Holland to stand by his words this weekend...he didn't today, but maybe the asking prices were too high...no biggie. I just don't want to hear those famous words..."We kicked the tires...." AT LEAST SUTER AND SEMIN or this off season will be a bust...I think even with just Suter, he still needs upgrades up front...Doan please?

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#271 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

Gosh, I hope you are right! I just need Holland to stand by his words this weekend...he didn't today, but maybe the asking prices were too high...no biggie. I just don't want to hear those famous words..."We kicked the tires...." AT LEAST SUTER AND SEMIN or this off season will be a bust...I think even with just Suter, he still needs upgrades up front...Doan please?

I'm not surprised at all that he hasn't done anything. The asking prices always seem to be too high. If you don't like Hudler, you're not gonna like Semin. If we sign him, hopefully the change of scenery can help him. Haven't heard much about Doan lately. Can't imagine him in a sweater other than a Phoenix sweater.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#272 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Ya, well if Pit gets Parise, then they definitely have upgraded themselves pretty good. I also agree that Suter is priority 1. We will see who signs first and then see if it's true they want to play together for real.... I also agree that signing Suter and Semin is better than just Suter or just Parise and you never know, Semin may be better here than Parise...it's all a gamble! I would still like to acquire Bobby Ryan somehow...

I don't see the Pens having upgraded themselves by just acquiring Parise. They're defense was shredded in the playoffs and Fleury melted down. They need to improve on defense and losing Jordan Staal and Michalek doesn't look like improvement to me. Suter is their best option and unless he changes his mind about playing in the East, that isn't going to happen.

Honestly, I could see the Pens getting a Ray Whitney and/or Shane Doan, maybe Michael Rozival or Matt Carle. The amount of free agents they have next year combined with the number of holes they have now on defense, I don't think blowing a ton of cap space on one player is a wise move.

#273 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

The "rumor" about Suter not playing in the east is coming from Minny...

Ryan Suter's agent denies that he's supplied a list of teams he'd be willing to be traded to

http://m.startribune...s/?id=159195455

http://flyers.theche...ccording-report

http://www.fannation...ef=twitter_feed
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#274 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

Rasmus Bodin is 6'6" and 207lbs. at 18 years old? Says he had to quit hitting because his elbows are head level with the smaller Swedish players and he always gets penalties....I can see this kid being the dark horse of the draft..seriously. Get him over here ASAP and get him in GR to get used to North American play...I like the size and assets this kid brings...this kid won't sit for 5 years, no way! Once he plays with some other big players he will have no issues hitting!

A huge player with great strength and reach. Has a cannon of a shot. Works hard. Surprisingly mobile for a player of his great stature. Very raw. Project. - Elite Hockey Prospects http://eliteprospect...hp?player=40853

The "rumor" about Suter not playing in the east is coming from Minny...

Ryan Suter's agent denies that he's supplied a list of teams he'd be willing to be traded to

http://m.startribune...s/?id=159195455

http://flyers.theche...ccording-report

http://www.fannation...ef=twitter_feed

I just have to say....behind Suter there is no legit #1 level defender, so Holland has to throw all the marbles at Suter...Chelios needs to be inviting him over for dinner EVERY night and selling this team! Iltich himself needs to send a private jet to pick Suter up and get him ANYTHING he wants to be a Detroit Red Wing....Holland BETTER outbid everyone! I will sacrifice Parise to guarantee Suter is wrapped up for at least 10 years! Give him a front loaded contract, bonuses, stock in Little Ceasers, give him an A, or s*** go right for the C, build a new stadium and name it the Suterdome....whatever it takes Holland! WHATEVER IT TAKES!

Edited by LeftWinger, 23 June 2012 - 05:56 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#275 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

I agree with you 1000% but in the same time, the best replacement for Lids (if there is any) is Kronwall...

I'm wondering who is the better option for Kronwall, Suter or Weber?

Suter is playing on the same L side as Kronwall... imo Weber is better fit for Kronwall.

#276 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

I agree with you 1000% but in the same time, the best replacement for Lids (if there is any) is Kronwall...

I'm wondering who is the better option for Kronwall, Suter or Weber?

Suter is playing on the same L side as Kronwall... imo Weber is better fit for Kronwall.

Well, once Suter is here for a year, he will personally be resposible for Weber coming next July...that will rock!

anyhow, IMO and summing up Hollands day, besides not having that blockbuster trade (oh well) I really like Hollands picks! I think the first ones to make it to Detroit are Frk, McKee and Bodin...

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#277 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

I doubt Parise signs with Pittsburgh, he's already flat out said he won't sign with the Rangers so I doubt he'd go to a different rival.

#278 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 780 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

Don't worry boys and girls. Kenny is planning something bigger than everybody anticipates. He may bring Ovi, Semin and Suter to form the best line in NHL history. Dont worry if we won't get Parise. Ovi at 9.5 mil is better then Parise for 8mil/year. These guys will enjoy playing for Wings. Go Kenny !

#279 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

On Hockeycentral at noon they were talking about how the Isles offered all of their draft picks to Columbus for their 2nd overall pick. Nothing surprises me with the Isles. It never materialized as Columbus used the pick and took Murray.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#280 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

I have been doing some reading and research on the Wings picks...I can honestly say this is one of the Wings best drafts in a long time. I can also honestly see all 6 of these kids being in the Detroit when their time comes. The only one who may have an issue is the goalie, Paterson, only because Howad is still young and Mrazek is doing so good too! Now, he may not be a Red Wing, but he could make it somewhere else, but the other five? I can see them filling certain and different roles on this team within the next 3-7 years. I think McKee and Bodin are going to be HUGE (no pun intended) surprises to the NHL world and once again, Holland will deemed a genius! De Haas may have a bit of a challenge too considering Detroit's interest in Suter and Schultz. If Holland lands those two or even one of them, the Wings have a great young core of defenders who will be here for a long time. Kronwall, Ericsson, Suter, Smith, Schultz, if he signs Dekeyser, and also there are two kids in the top 10 prospects Sproul and Ouellet. If Holland gets Suter/Schultz then eventually Dekeyser I can see Sproul and Ouellet even having a hard time cracking this lineup anytime soon, but again De Haas looks like a great young defenseman and should make some waves in GR and eventually, if not for the Wings, somewhere in the NHL too... Good on ya, Holland!

(now go and get Suter and Schultz) (note: Kindl and Quincey were left out purposely... :lol:)

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!