• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#81 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

I do think the Red Wings need to make a big move, they don't neccessarily have to trade up in the draft, but if they don't they sure as hell better get some of the bigger name free agents. Our team needs to make improvements quickly.

#82 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

Agreed. Imagine if we could scoop up Ryan and Semin?

That would be absolutely incredible. It'd be kind of like when we got knocked out in the first round in 01 then turned around and got hull and robataille. I'd be so happy

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#83 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

We need wingers much more than centres imo, Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Flippula/Helm is about as good of centre depth as you need. Franzen/Bertuzzi/Cleary/Hudler is not good enough winger depth.

Imagine moving Z to dats wing and putting Fil on the wing permanently! We have youth at wing in the pipe that is elite. but not at centre. when z and dats go we are screwed at this point. Grigs is 6 3" malkin type with one of the highest ceilings in the draft. DO IT

Edited by dirtydangles, 22 June 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#84 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,058 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

There HAS to be someone out there who wants Franzen! :dntknw:

Even if Holland were willing to trade Franzen, no one is going to take his contract. He's a lifer, barring Brian Burke deciding he likes him.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#85 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Imagine moving Z to dats wing and putting Fil on the wing permanently!

Z can play the wing just fine, but I don't like Fil in the winger role, he's played much better being a centre and being more involved on both ends. Either way i believe the wings have a glutton of great centers and are really lacking on the winger front, Forsberg would be an interesting move, but we'd have to give up too much for someone I'm not entirely sold on. Franzen while frusterating has proved he can help the team in a huge way, I'd rather add players through free agency and not have to give up talent.

Unless we are talking Rick Nash :colgate:

#86 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

The only way to trade Mule is to take a contract back in return. It CAN be done.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#87 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

The only way to trade Mule is to take a contract back in return. It CAN be done.

I'm sure Bruins would trade Thomas or Savard, or Columbus Wisniewski.

Not all deal will result with the Red Wing being a better team.

I know I'd be pissed right now if I'm a Carolina fan. I'd rather the team not make a move, then make a bad one.

#88 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

Let's see who TB pick with our draft pick.

#89 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

Z can play the wing just fine, but I don't like Fil in the winger role, he's played much better being a centre and being more involved on both ends. Either way i believe the wings have a glutton of great centers and are really lacking on the winger front, Forsberg would be an interesting move, but we'd have to give up too much for someone I'm not entirely sold on. Franzen while frusterating has proved he can help the team in a huge way, I'd rather add players through free agency and not have to give up talent.

Unless we are talking Rick Nash :colgate:

False. If you think Jarnkrok and Sheahan are guaranteed top 6 centres then okay, but other than that we are thin. and i doubt sheahan becomes a top 6 centre. we have good wings in nyquist, tatar, jurco that will all pan out likely. lets get a top talent at centre or go for forsberg. franzen can help this team for maybe 3 more years, these kids could be huge for 10+ years.

#90 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Yes can some one please keep a tabs on the picks for te picks that can't watch lol

#91 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

Yes can some one please keep a tabs on the picks for te picks that can't watch lol

Here - http://sports.yahoo....cqfhConBT57vLYF

#92 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

They are saying Forsberg has a style similar to Johan Franzen. Does he score in bursts and then not score for 20 games?

#93 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,251 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hell, if noone wants Franzen's contract, trade Flip for Ryan.... You guys are right, Holland needs to step up and show the NHL, the Red Wings will NOT be pushed aside....RELOAD KENNY RELOAD! Make the Ryan trade, get Suter and if you settle for Semin, so be it!

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.00 PPG

#94 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

I think Carolina was really dumb to trade for Staal. They could have waited it out and gotten much better.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#95 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

now the pens r favs for praise

Edited by dirtydangles, 22 June 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#96 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

I think Carolina was really dumb to trade for Staal. They could have waited it out and gotten much better.

The problem is they wanted that one guy and that one guy wanted to only go to that one team. So they were kind of over a barrel. Plus it creates fan excitement having the Staals together. I think they took the hit to make the play in that case.

#97 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

Here - http://sports.yahoo....cqfhConBT57vLYF

Thank you

#98 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

the trick is what the flyers did. they had some good players on longish contracts and flipped them for young studs and picks. now they have serious assets. our issue is we let our players get old and then we can't trade them anymore.

#99 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,848 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

I've never hated a team and owner so much (Pittsburgh and LePuke)

#100 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

I love McPhee saying "Thank you Pittsburgh" as they boo him.

the trick is what the flyers did. they had some good players on longish contracts and flipped them for young studs and picks. now they have serious assets. our issue is we let our players get old and then we can't trade them anymore.

This is exactly right. Trade players while they still have value and get value back for them. Reload before you NEED to reload. Now they have tons of great young talent. And Jagr. ;)