Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

2012 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

2012 draft

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#121 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,713 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

this HAS to be the worst day of my life. just realizing how little assets we have and seeing all these other teams get that much younger and deeper than we are....

It ain't over yet....Bobby Ryan is still available. Just remember though, 90% of LGW said Quincey was worth the 1st rounder...this is why I say let him walk, get the picks in return and have TWO 1st rounders next year and TWO 3rd rounders....Hell even if the average salary goes up and all he gets is a 2nd, that is TWO 2nd rounders...

Please, Kenny....You can still trade for Parise's rights or Bobby Ryan and Justin Schultz.... Franzen isn't worth it to keep him. Make the splash, make the deal....for the love of Pete!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#122 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

The wings are pretty deep at forward, have decent defensive prospect depth but almost no depth at goalie. The Wing's farm system has been ranked this year as a top ten group.

draft a HUGE european goalie in the 5th and 6th rounds. watch him turn into Rinne or Lundqvist. That is the correct strategy. Goalies are head cases and are less guaranteed.

It ain't over yet....Bobby Ryan is still available. Just remember though, 90% of LGW said Quincey was worth the 1st rounder...this is why I say let him walk, get the picks in return and have TWO 1st rounders next year and TWO 3rd rounders....Hell even if the average salary goes up and all he gets is a 2nd, that is TWO 2nd rounders...

Please, Kenny....You can still trade for Parise's rights or Bobby Ryan and Justin Schultz.... Franzen isn't worth it to keep him. Make the splash, make the deal....for the love of Pete!

exactly. franzen is effective for a few more years then we lose him for nothing as he's worthless. people need to realize that. time to make this a business again and not a family. thanks for the years johan but we need to succeed and make money and win.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#123 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Ya and he also said that Craig Button was very instrumental in building the Championship TeamS in Dallas....I'm sorry, did I miss something? Dallas won more than one? :lol: Pierre needs to be in the NBA...

Ya i don't know how he still has a job, everyone finds him annoying.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#124 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,713 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Although, I won't be hugely upset if Holland does nothing tonight, but this is a Grande Stage to show the NHL, "We mean business, we are not lying down!" Come on Kenny, use the stage as your's. Show Shero that you can one up him! Get Ryan...that way if for some reason you don't get Parise, you can be just as proud to get Semin and have BOTH Ryan and Semin in your top 6! And who knows, you just may get Parise...

Let do it Kenny!

Jared Stoll re-signs will LA....along with Colin Fraser...

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#125 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

ANNNNDDD the hawks get a great player.

#126 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

I haven't seen any indication reported that Holland was going to aggressively pursue trades at the draft. I truly don't understand the panic with nothing happening so far. The Red Wings have plenty of cap space and the front office has stated all along they planned to utilize free agency to address their needs.

I will be worried on July 2nd if the Red Wings haven't made moves. Until then, I was never expecting anything major to occur this weekend. There's not much need for it.

Edited by GoWings1905, 22 June 2012 - 08:33 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#127 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

ANNNNDDD the hawks get a great player.

That hurts. Good player.

#128 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,713 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

I haven't seen any indication reported that Holland was going to pursue trades at the draft. I truly don't understand the panic with nothing happening so far. The Red Wings have plenty of cap space and the front office has stated all along they planned to utilize free agency to address their needs.

I will be worried on July 2nd if the Red Wings haven't made moves. Until then, I was never expecting anything major to occur this weekend. There's not much need for it.

Holland had said that he is open to trades at the draft if the right deal presents itself... I just hope that he is not hanging on to Franzen refusing to trade him...Sure, I am not panicking, but would love to get orgasmic tonight with a mega-trade!

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#129 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

Maata should have been ours. :(

#130 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

I haven't seen any indication reported that Holland was going to aggressively pursue trades at the draft. I truly don't understand the panic with nothing happening so far. The Red Wings have plenty of cap space and the front office has stated all along they planned to utilize free agency to address their needs.

nobody is guaranteed through FA. we may be sitting with all our AWESOME cap space at the beginning of the next season.

#131 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

i say do some ground work to get a 1st rounder next year and chase mackinnon. that kid is going to be a superstar. Makes the rest of the players in the QMJHL look like kids on the ice.

#132 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Holland had said that he is open to trades at the draft if the right deal presents itself... I just hope that he is not hanging on to Franzen refusing to trade him...Sure, I am not panicking, but would love to get orgasmic tonight with a mega-trade!

I get that. I'm sure Holland would be open to the right deal, but I can't envision that happening for a lot of reasons. Mainly due to the fact the Red Wings can address most of their needs on July 1st without giving up valuable assets in the process. Sure, Ryan is available, but say goodbye to Filppula probably and definitely Smith for starters. I just don't see the point with the opportunity to add significant pieces just days away.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#133 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

i think bettman thrives under the boo. when the flyers got booed his face lit up and he just shook their hands like he was glad it wasn't him.

#134 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

What a classless bunch of dir-tards... Seriously Pen fans, boo at first, and then shut the hell up. We get it, they're your rival, but this isn't about the teams, it's about the young kids getting opportunities.

Lord, I hate Pittsburgh...

#135 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,713 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

I get that. I'm sure Holland would be open to the right deal, but I can't envision that happening for a lot of reasons. Mainly due to the fact the Red Wings can address most of their needs on July 1st without giving up valuable assets in the process. Sure, Ryan is available, but say goodbye to Filppula probably and definitely Smith for starters. I just don't see the point with the opportunity to add significant pieces just days away.

I don't think SMith would have to be included....I'd say goodbye to Filppula, Mursak, Quincey, 2nd...for Ryan and Schultz... be sad to see Filppula go, but this is Bobby Ryan...

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#136 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

When teams are getting players for 2013 draft picks, it's kind of puzzling to see why someone would wait until MAYBE they can out-woo every other team in the NHL AND write them the biggest check.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#137 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

The wings will be a lottery team for the next 10 years because they arnt over paying for Ryan or Parise's rights? Settle down everyone. Holland and Babcock have in one way or another said they will be aggressive on July 1 and see the need to get bigger, grittier, and tougher to play against.

#138 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

Detroit doesn't want to get rid of their old players. They tend to still contribute and play for less money while being leaders.

Would you have wanted to trade Lidstrom and Yzerman?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#139 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

The wings will be a lottery team for the next 10 years because they arnt over paying for Ryan or Parise's rights? Settle down everyone. Holland and Babcock have in one way or another said they will be aggressive on July 1 and see the need to get bigger, grittier, and tougher to play against.

BUT I WANT IT NOW

:shutup:

#140 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

So Tampa picked a goalie with our draft choice ...