• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#141 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

Ken Holland needs to grow a pair of grapefruits. This is making me worried for July 1st to be honest. I am fearful that Kenny won't do anything.

#142 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

The wings will be a lottery team for the next 10 years because they arnt over paying for Ryan or Parise's rights? Settle down everyone. Holland and Babcock have in one way or another said they will be aggressive on July 1 and see the need to get bigger, grittier, and tougher to play against.

We are trying to get both a top 6 forward and a replacement for Lidstrom on July 1. I would have tried to take care of one of those at the draft.

#143 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,618 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

The wings will be a lottery team for the next 10 years because they arnt over paying for Ryan or Parise's rights? Settle down everyone. Holland and Babcock have in one way or another said they will be aggressive on July 1 and see the need to get bigger, grittier, and tougher to play against.

:blink: I am not seeing people saying the Wings will be a lottery team...and even if Holland does nothing today, does't mean he won't tomorrow or September 30th... Tonight would just be a great stage to stamp his foot on and show the rest of the teams, they're back! He may not trade for Ryan, but everyone agree's HE MUST MAKE AN IMPACT THIS OFF SEASON or the Wings will have a serious problem this season...But it's early, really only the official start to the off season, July 1st is coming quick, but thus far, it's been the same old Holland. Not complaining (yet) but just saying and echoing a lot of folks here tonight. Holland had said he would be aggressive and spend up to the Cap, so what's wrong with a little bit of hope that he bangs a gong on draft day? So far, nothing...so in defense of the folks that are upset...so far, same old Holland.

Detroit doesn't want to get rid of their old players. They tend to still contribute and play for less money while being leaders.

Would you have wanted to trade Lidstrom and Yzerman?

not that you are saying that Franzen or Filppula are a Lidstrom or Yzerman.... (just thought I'd clarify that for the others)

but yes, I would trade Franzen or Filpulla for Ryan or Nash...for sure, in a minute.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#144 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

and the pens get better

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#145 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

This is just making me wanna puke, seeing these teams already absolutely STACKED with young NHL ready talent get even deeper.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#146 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,618 posts

Pitt is getting better....these guys they are picking are one or two years away from the NHL...the trade earlier has Sutter ready for the NHL...that is another reason some folks are getting a bit antsy with Holland, perhaps our biggest Eastern Conf. rival is getting younger and better and Holland is...well and so far, same old Holland.

Kenny....It's party time! Lets do it!

Make a stand....slap Shero in the face! I am sure your phone rang a few times tonight...Make like Luke and Let Go! The past is gone...Lidstrom is gone...time to move on...Feel The Force...Grow a set...

Edited by LeftWinger, 22 June 2012 - 09:02 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

#147 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

not that you are saying that Franzen or Filppula are a Lidstrom or Yzerman.... (just thought I'd clarify that for the others)

but yes, I would trade Franzen or Filpulla for Ryan or Nash...for sure, in a minute.

But why would Anaheim or Columbus?
Trades take two teams.

#148 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

We are trying to get both a top 6 forward and a replacement for Lidstrom on July 1. I would have tried to take care of one of those at the draft.

But at what cost? Bobby Ryan would be awesome but he's not worth selling our future for. We know Suter will be there, and even though they are rumors, it sounds like we are a favorite to land him. And there's no guarantee Parise will even leave NJ. Semin will be out there, i know hes got baggage, but at the right cap hit he will be a great B option

#149 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

Bobby Ryan is 25. He IS the future.

#150 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

But at what cost? Bobby Ryan would be awesome but he's not worth selling our future for. We know Suter will be there, and even though they are rumors, it sounds like we are a favorite to land him. And there's no guarantee Parise will even leave NJ. Semin will be out there, i know hes got baggage, but at the right cap hit he will be a great B option

even with those two guys we are like 3-4 years away from z and dats being old. I'm scared. who will replace them?

#151 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hey, I didn't realize Mikael Samuelsson is a UFA! You don't suppose that's what Kenny is plotting? (ducking)

#152 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,618 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

But why would Anaheim or Columbus?
Trades take two teams.

Anaheim likes Filppula, he would come in, be #2 center with Selanne on his wing. Filppula, Quincey, Mursak, 2nd for Ryan, Schultz.

Columbus, nah, I just used Nash as another example...

www.thinkdunes.com

#153 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

nobody is guaranteed through FA. we may be sitting with all our AWESOME cap space at the beginning of the next season.

Obviously nothing is guaranteed. However, the Red Wings have two components necessary to make a splash in free agency: money and a desirable destination. The Red Wings are in a good position right now and the front office definitely knows what is at stake this summer. At least give Holland a chance to improve the team.

I don't think SMith would have to be included....I'd say goodbye to Filppula, Mursak, Quincey, 2nd...for Ryan and Schultz... be sad to see Filppula go, but this is Bobby Ryan...

The Ducks defense has no depth. I can't say for certain, but I would be quite confident that any deal for Bobby Ryan would absolutely have to include Smith. Mursak has nearly no value; Quincey for better or worse is going to get re-signed. Anaheim doesn't have to move Ryan, so any deal for him is going to have to really be worthwhile.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#154 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

even with those two guys we are like 3-4 years away from z and dats being old. I'm scared. who will replace them?

Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Jarncrok, Pulkkinen, Sheahan.

#155 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

collberg still there...

Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Jarncrok, Pulkkinen, Sheahan.

2 of those guys are centres. and sheahan isn't even close to the talent of z or dats

#156 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

Anaheim likes Filppula, he would come in, be #2 center with Selanne on his wing. Filppula, Quincey, Mursak, 2nd for Ryan, Schultz.

Columbus, nah, I just used Nash as another example...

So would you do that deal if your a Anaheim fan? Ryan is younger and more productive than Flippula, Quincey had a disappointing season last year, and Mursak is coming off a huge injury and has never proved to be an effective NHL player for a extended period of time.

The team getting the better player usually has to overpay unless the other GM is Burke, and with that deal we just aren't.

#157 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

Wow... NBC sucks.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#158 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,618 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

Bottom line...90's Wings weren't put over the top until they TRADED for Brendan Shanahan. 00's Wings weren't put over the top until they TRADED for Domink Hasek. Drafting and UFA gets you pretty far, but sometimes you have to make that impact trade...Bobby Ryan would be an acquisition that would be on par with Shanny and Dom... Let's make the 10's Wings over the top with a ball busting TRADE & some nice UFA's pick up's...

www.thinkdunes.com

#159 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

collberg still there...

2 of those guys are centres. and sheahan isn't even close to the talent of z or dats

Your right better get rid of them just because we will be loaded up down the middle exactly like we have been for the last decade. And Sheahan will be very important depth in the future. Without guys like that opponents will just shut down our top line.

#160 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

Bottom line...90's Wings weren't put over the top until they TRADED for Brendan Shanahan. 00's Wings weren't put over the top until they TRADED for Domink Hasek. Drafting and UFA gets you pretty far, but sometimes you have to make that impact trade...Bobby Ryan would be an acquisition that would be on par with Shanny and Dom... Let's make the 10's Wings over the top with a ball busting TRADE & some nice UFA's pick up's...

no doubt. teams need to get fleeced in trades for one to get better. its not often that a trade turns out AMAZING for both teams. dog eat dog. holland just refuses to play with the dogs.