• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

The guy the Wings really need to jump on is Yandle. Spector's Hockey is reporting that Yandle is on the trading block right now. That kid can flat out play (offensively and defensively). He's a young defenseman who could win a Norris one day.

God please yes!

#22 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Staal is a free agent next year. No way I would give up Franzen OR Flip for him. Both? Seriously?
Do or do not. There is no try

#23 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Staal is a free agent next year. No way I would give up Franzen OR Flip for him. Both? Seriously?

that would be the only way we would get him because his stock is lowered. consider that he scores more goals than both, is 4 years younger than flip and has played 3rd line minutes and is an absolute beast of a man.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#24 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

Overpayment. Flip 66 pts, Ryan 57. I wouldn't trade Flip 1 for 1 with Ryan at this point. He's been consistently improving and has become Z's Wingman and is doing quite well. And on top of that, Flip's work ethic, hustle and defensive side of the game is more valuable than Ryan's. if Huds walks like he should then this Brunner character could be the 3rd addition to that line.

I'd rather pay less and try to get Van Riemsdyk from the Flyers with a deal that doesn't include Flip. Tatar is trade bait as far as most of us are concerned, so use him and another prospect and pick....this is all assuming Parise goes elsewhere or back to Jersey.

It's pretty comical how many people think unproven players and rookies can walk into Hudler's spot and put 25+25 up. :lol:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#25 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

It's pretty comical how many people think unproven players and rookies can walk into Hudler's spot and put 25+25 up. :lol:

i think the only current capable one is Nyquist. on a line with Z and Flip i believe he can do it. Not with Homer and Emmerton like the 2nd half of his games last season. Other than that, i think that even guys like Tatar and Jarnkrok need to prove themselves more. Pulkkinen i don't think will be anything more than what he is now and will remain in Europe, but i could be wrong. I'm not really big on Hudler and think there could be better options, but if he wants to sign for $3mil, then go ahead. Over $3mil is reserved for offensive superstars and great 2-way forwards like Filppula has become. I for one think that Z's points go up even more if he get a linemate like Prust to get dirty and get him and Flip the puck and go to the net like a hungry bulldog. Guess we'll find out in the next 10 days what's gonna happen with Hudler.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#26 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

The guy the Wings really need to jump on is Yandle. Spector's Hockey is reporting that Yandle is on the trading block right now. That kid can flat out play (offensively and defensively). He's a young defenseman who could win a Norris one day.

The Twitterverse claims Phoenix will want a center in any deal for Yandle.
I wonder how Shane Doan feels about them trading their #1 Defenseman?
RIP #24

#27 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

I would love to bring in Keith Yandle. I don't know who I'd be willing to part with though, especially if they want a center. I will say this though, I hope Holland does something HUGE. Wether it's landing Parise AND Suter or making a trade for a big name player that will help us. Like a "shocker" type when we traded for Hasek! :)

Posted Image

#28 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

I'd trade Franzen, Mursak(or Emmerton), 2nd and Tatar for either one of Nash, Ryan or Staal...I'd throw Kindl in for Schultz's rights with Ryan...

Edited by LeftWinger, 22 June 2012 - 04:42 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#29 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

I really don't know why we should consider trading Flip... He's the Pavel/Henrik hybrid.

As far as I remember (I could be wrong) Flip was great on Dats line (Dat's is the man)

*Parise* - Dats - Flip
Franzen - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Cleary - Helm - Bert (Brunner)
*Prust/Moen* - Abdelkader - Eaves/Miller
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#30 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

I really don't know why we should consider trading Flip... He's the Pavel/Henrik hybrid.

As far as I remember (I could be wrong) Flip was great on Dats line (Dat's is the man)

*Parise* - Dats - Flip
Franzen - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Cleary - Helm - Bert (Brunner)
*Prust/Moen* - Abdelkader - Eaves/Miller

Yes, I agree, I am definitely trading Franzen first, but if it takes a package a Flip to get Ryan...I am in, sorry. I just cannot pass on Bobby Ryan...The Ducks like Flip too, so that would be an attractive piece to dangle in front of them...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#31 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Flip is one of those players who puts up nice numbers, and he's a solid player, but he's never wowed me (or a lot of other people). I would only trade him for a player who is as close to a guaranteed upgrade as you could get. He's a great defensive player, but I just don't see him breaking out like so many people hope for every year. He had a good year this year, but does anyone really see him as a game changer like Datsyuk or Zetterberg? Or even someone like Helm, who can string together amazing plays and change the momentum of a game?

Again, not trashing Flip, he's got great talent and has some great games, but I just don't see him as indispensable if we can get an upgrade for him and a pick or something.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#32 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

but does anyone really see him as a game changer like Datsyuk or Zetterberg? Or even someone like Helm, who can string together amazing plays and change the momentum of a game?

Yup. There have been games where Filppula takes over. I'm not saying it happens all the time, but he's done it multiple times before. It's all in how much drive he has. The more responsibility he is given, the better he performes. (which is why if he was given the C, not that I think it will/should happen, he would be a beast)

Edited by Z and D for the C, 22 June 2012 - 05:47 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#33 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

When people say we need to get tougher to play against, start here. Flip is SOFT. Not a bad defensive player but nothing in the physical department. And I'm tired of everyone praying that he play to his "potential". He's 28, been here 6 seasons, what you see is what you get. Sorry, I'm not a fan.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#34 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

Tell that to Clark MacArthur.

Or Deryk Engelland

Or Ryan Smyth and Christopher Higgins (Can't include the link for these two, just search youtube)

So he doesn't fight or get involved in scrums (I do dream, though...) but he isn't soft when it comes to his play at all. That's all that matters. Filppula is anything but soft. And even when you do find a big hit on Filppula, he gets right back up.

#35 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

I knew you'd be right along behind me with the 3 or 4 times he's mixed it up or hit someone in the last 6 years. The McArthur "Highlight" is a SHOULDER CHECK. And Samuelsson of all people comes in to save him.The Engelland hit is self defense! He was gonna get hit and put his arm up and got lucky. Even the announcer says "Filppula hit by Engelland"...

You are actually helping me make my case, thank you.

#36 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

I guess it depends on how you define soft. If softness is rated on how often you fight or pu your glove in someone's face after the whistle then yeah, Filppula is soft. If it's determined by when the puck is in play, then Filpulla isn't soft at all. He battles hard, and he wins puck battles way more than he losses them. I guess it depends on what you care about when it comes to hockey. Good players or just how "manly" hockey makes you feel.

And who cares whether it's self defense or not? If Rocky Balboa instigated a fight with me and I knocked him out, would I still be soft because that was in self defense? If Filpulla was soft he wouldn't ever need to defend himself. And yeah, the announce said Filpulla got hit by Engelland..before he knew Filppula was going to put him on his ass.

If all you care about is fights, go watch the ducks or flyers bro.

what you see is what you get.

The 32nd highest scoring forward in the league? 12th highest scoring center? Incredible skater, Selke level play? Captain material? Okay, I'll take it.

What does someone have to do to make you a fan of them?

#37 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

People forget he scored 96 pts in the AHL. As good as Tatar and Nyquist are they haven't scored 96 pts in the minors.

#38 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

CAPTAIN MATERIAL? For the DETROIT RED WINGS? Who said that? You? Wow. What a stretch. He's not even an ALTERNATE Captain.

#39 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

What's that guys name?

You know, the guy who just retired.

He's won like 7 Norris trophies?

Oh yeah, that guy. He said that.

#40 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Every article I read mentioned Kronwall, Datsyuk or Zetterberg. Some even mentioned Mule. It would make sense since the first 3 actually were assistants and therefore team leaders.

Maybe if it was Winnipeg or Minnesota where they have the revolving captain every month, yeah I could see that. But not captain of the Detroit Red Wings.

It's OK if you want to believe that, go ahead. But it's not going to happen. You're obviously a super fan for some reason, and hey, here's to ya. We all have our favorite players and he is yours. We're both Red Wing fans and that's cool. But I am hoping he won't be in the lineup next year. I think this team needs a shakeup in personnel and philosophy of play. That's my perogative and what I think is better for the team, given the right deal.