• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dirtydangles

High End Trade Options

Rate this topic

I really don't know why we should consider trading Flip... He's the Pavel/Henrik hybrid.

As far as I remember (I could be wrong) Flip was great on Dats line (Dat's is the man)

*Parise* - Dats - Flip

Franzen - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Cleary - Helm - Bert (Brunner)

*Prust/Moen* - Abdelkader - Eaves/Miller

I really don't know why we should consider trading Flip... He's the Pavel/Henrik hybrid.

As far as I remember (I could be wrong) Flip was great on Dats line (Dat's is the man)

*Parise* - Dats - Flip

Franzen - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Cleary - Helm - Bert (Brunner)

*Prust/Moen* - Abdelkader - Eaves/Miller

Yes, I agree, I am definitely trading Franzen first, but if it takes a package a Flip to get Ryan...I am in, sorry. I just cannot pass on Bobby Ryan...The Ducks like Flip too, so that would be an attractive piece to dangle in front of them...

Flip is one of those players who puts up nice numbers, and he's a solid player, but he's never wowed me (or a lot of other people). I would only trade him for a player who is as close to a guaranteed upgrade as you could get. He's a great defensive player, but I just don't see him breaking out like so many people hope for every year. He had a good year this year, but does anyone really see him as a game changer like Datsyuk or Zetterberg? Or even someone like Helm, who can string together amazing plays and change the momentum of a game?

Again, not trashing Flip, he's got great talent and has some great games, but I just don't see him as indispensable if we can get an upgrade for him and a pick or something.

but does anyone really see him as a game changer like Datsyuk or Zetterberg? Or even someone like Helm, who can string together amazing plays and change the momentum of a game?

Yup. There have been games where Filppula takes over. I'm not saying it happens all the time, but he's done it multiple times before. It's all in how much drive he has. The more responsibility he is given, the better he performes. (which is why if he was given the C, not that I think it will/should happen, he would be a beast)

Edited by Z and D for the C

When people say we need to get tougher to play against, start here. Flip is SOFT. Not a bad defensive player but nothing in the physical department. And I'm tired of everyone praying that he play to his "potential". He's 28, been here 6 seasons, what you see is what you get. Sorry, I'm not a fan.

Tell that to Clark MacArthur.

Or Deryk Engelland

Or Ryan Smyth and Christopher Higgins (Can't include the link for these two, just search youtube)

So he doesn't fight or get involved in scrums (I do dream, though...) but he isn't soft when it comes to his play at all. That's all that matters. Filppula is anything but soft. And even when you do find a big hit on Filppula, he gets right back up.

I knew you'd be right along behind me with the 3 or 4 times he's mixed it up or hit someone in the last 6 years. The McArthur "Highlight" is a SHOULDER CHECK. And Samuelsson of all people comes in to save him.The Engelland hit is self defense! He was gonna get hit and put his arm up and got lucky. Even the announcer says "Filppula hit by Engelland"...

You are actually helping me make my case, thank you.

I guess it depends on how you define soft. If softness is rated on how often you fight or pu your glove in someone's face after the whistle then yeah, Filppula is soft. If it's determined by when the puck is in play, then Filpulla isn't soft at all. He battles hard, and he wins puck battles way more than he losses them. I guess it depends on what you care about when it comes to hockey. Good players or just how "manly" hockey makes you feel.

And who cares whether it's self defense or not? If Rocky Balboa instigated a fight with me and I knocked him out, would I still be soft because that was in self defense? If Filpulla was soft he wouldn't ever need to defend himself. And yeah, the announce said Filpulla got hit by Engelland..before he knew Filppula was going to put him on his ass.

If all you care about is fights, go watch the ducks or flyers bro.

what you see is what you get.

The 32nd highest scoring forward in the league? 12th highest scoring center? Incredible skater, Selke level play? Captain material? Okay, I'll take it.

What does someone have to do to make you a fan of them?

It's pretty comical how many people think unproven players and rookies can walk into Hudler's spot and put 25+25 up. :lol:

People forget he scored 96 pts in the AHL. As good as Tatar and Nyquist are they haven't scored 96 pts in the minors.

Every article I read mentioned Kronwall, Datsyuk or Zetterberg. Some even mentioned Mule. It would make sense since the first 3 actually were assistants and therefore team leaders.

Maybe if it was Winnipeg or Minnesota where they have the revolving captain every month, yeah I could see that. But not captain of the Detroit Red Wings.

It's OK if you want to believe that, go ahead. But it's not going to happen. You're obviously a super fan for some reason, and hey, here's to ya. We all have our favorite players and he is yours. We're both Red Wing fans and that's cool. But I am hoping he won't be in the lineup next year. I think this team needs a shakeup in personnel and philosophy of play. That's my perogative and what I think is better for the team, given the right deal.

Every article I read mentioned Kronwall, Datsyuk or Zetterberg. Some even mentioned Mule. It would make sense since the first 3 actually were assistants and therefore team leaders.

Maybe if it was Winnipeg or Minnesota where they have the revolving captain every month, yeah I could see that. But not captain of the Detroit Red Wings.

It's OK if you want to believe that, go ahead. But it's not going to happen. You're obviously a super fan for some reason, and hey, here's to ya. We all have our favorite players and he is yours. We're both Red Wing fans and that's cool. But I am hoping he won't be in the lineup next year. I think this team needs a shakeup in personnel and philosophy of play. That's my perogative and what I think is better for the team, given the right deal.

read the article about Z being the next captain. Flip sits beside Z now cause he's the next captain and he's gonna groom Flip to be his apparent heir so he's most likely not going anywhere. and also probably why Holland offered him 5 years at 15 mil last time his contract was due. he's got that potential. great team guy and leads by example, just like Z.

I could write an article about Hudler being captain. The fact is Nick Lidstrom said that Filppula is captain material. I'm sold. I'm not saying Filppula will or should be the next captain. Does that mean he isn't captain material? No. Filppula would do very well with the C.

People forget he scored 96 pts in the AHL. As good as Tatar and Nyquist are they haven't scored 96 pts in the minors.

I personally don't like how much stock people put into AHL numbers. Some players go nuts in the AHL, but then do nothing in the NHL. Some players are disappointments in the AHL and then become crucial players.

Yup. There have been games where Filppula takes over. I'm not saying it happens all the time, but he's done it multiple times before. It's all in how much drive he has. The more responsibility he is given, the better he performes. (which is why if he was given the C, not that I think it will/should happen, he would be a beast)

You could take the exact same statement and switch the name to Fedorov. Not equating Flip to Feds, just this statement. Uncanny.

I personally don't like how much stock people put into AHL numbers. Some players go nuts in the AHL, but then do nothing in the NHL. Some players are disappointments in the AHL and then become crucial players.

Ken and Mick will never let us forget that Maltby scored 50.

Too late, I'm running with it. Filppula = the next Fedorov.

and that's a career for Flip...I remember two season's ago when someone said Franzen is the next Fedorov (after Francine's 5 goal outburst in Ottawa) and look what happened to him....poor Francine...Holland! Trade him right f****** now!

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest Hatethedrake!

Guys, we have to be realistic here. Kenny has a very hard job to do and it takes alot of patience, knowledge and due dilgence to improve this hockey team. All 29 other teams are trying to improve themselves so Kenny has alot of competition. Here is a roster I think is very realistic for next season. One which I feel Kenny can achieve if things go his way this summer...

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.667m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) / Alex Ovechkin ($9.538m)

Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Daniel Sedin ($6.100m)

Steven Stamkos ($7.500m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Corey Perry ($5.325m)

Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m)

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Shea Weber ($8.000m) / Ryan Suter ($7.000m)

Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Kris Letang ($3.500m)

Erik Karlsson ($6.500m) / Drew Doughty ($7.000m)

Keith Yandle ($5.250m) /

GOALTENDERS

Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)

Jonathan Quick ($1.800m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $149,605,128; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster):- $79,305,128

Come on Kenny, get er done! :colgate:

The Twitterverse claims Phoenix will want a center in any deal for Yandle.

I wonder how Shane Doan feels about them trading their #1 Defenseman?

I wonder what Doan thinks of him and Yandle in a little pkg dealio?? Yes Please.