• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

evilzyme

Top Swiss-leaguer Brunner to sign with Wings, Babcock has big plans

Rate this topic

We will see how he turns out, but after Grigorenko, Leino, Brunnstrum, etc I will hold off on the excitement and hope until A. He earns a roster spot and B. he establishes an effective role for himself.

It's one thing to tear it up overseas, but it's something else altogether to translate success over in North America, whether as a top line player or a bottom 12 grinder. I would certainly love if he can play even up to Hudler's level, but I won't hold my breath.

Grigs was on the fast track to being an NHL allstar and nearly died and was never suppose to walk let alone play hockey. If you're shocked that he wasn't as good as everyone pre crash made him out to be then you need to re-evaluate things.

Leino was one of the main cogs that nearly landed Philly a cup. He's done alright. Brunnstrom's a flop, so I'll give you that.

Wonder if that means Nyquist would end up in GR again given he isn't out of options yet & doesn't have to go through waivers.

My guess is that Goose and Brunner will get a lot of playing time as Huds is on his way out and there is still a big question mark if Eaves can even play....

Great job on our scouting team to unearth skill and talent from other sources. Everyone knows that we were known for finding talent in Sweden by having a designated scout there. Now that Russia and Sweden have been tapped, let's find all the gems in Switzerland, Belarus, Africa, China, Australia, India ...

should be a pretty solid huds replacement and looks like he shoots. i'm all for starting him in the top 6 at least for the beginning of the season and see what happens. hopefully we're not done with offense there.. fingers crossed.

realllllyyy would love to see a semin-datsyuk-nyquist line.

edit: spelling ha

Edited by amato

I'm more of a lurker than a poster on here.....but I'm almost saddened to see a blueadams post without lines....Especially when it's involving a new person on the team. This is the first true sign of the apocalypse!!!!

Boys, this is pretty damn big. Not just because of signing and having the potential but it seems theyre ready to pull the trigger on some moves. The way babs talked and convinced kenny holland to legitimately let him take a swiss-a player with no professional, junior, chl, experience and straight make the top 6.

So this is hollands off-season signing to shore up the top 6? I sure hope not, but we will find out in a week...

What? Jesus way to look at this as the biggest debbie downer. The organization is striving to make changes in their biggest offseason of recent times. My bad bro, i need to get kenny holland on speed dial to tell him know that unless we get bobby ryan, zach parise, ryan suter, and rick nash hes failed and "shored" the top 6. Righto.

If we don't get Suter he did fail, that's how this game is played. I don't need to have Parise but Pasha needs help so an NHL proven top 6 forward is my expectation. I didn't mean to sound like the biggest downer on the board but we do need someone in the system to pas the torch off to when the time comes.

His skillset is useless to be buried on gthe 4th line dump and chasing - and at 26 its sink or swim time. We cant afford to "groom" him in the AHL for a year or two just to bring him up to ride pine. This guy the the skillset of an NHL players and very well could succeed and put up respectable numbers playing with Pav or Z. At the same time he could get crushed into dust and lose his confidence inside of the first month. Hell be given enough rope to hang himself - and if he doesnt fit, hell be snipped by December. Give the guy a shot, I like what I see.

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen

Filpula-Zetterberg-Brunner

*if we get a Parise or Semin then bump Franzen or Nyquist back to the 3rd line with Helm and Bert.

His skillset is useless to be buried on gthe 4th line dump and chasing - and at 26 its sink or swim time. We cant afford to "groom" him in the AHL for a year or two just to bring him up to ride pine. This guy the the skillset of an NHL players and very well could succeed and put up respectable numbers playing with Pav or Z. At the same time he could get crushed into dust and lose his confidence inside of the first month. Hell be given enough rope to hang himself - and if he doesnt fit, hell be snipped by December. Give the guy a shot, I like what I see.

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen

Filpula-Zetterberg-Brunner

*if we get a Parise or Semin then bump Franzen or Nyquist back to the 3rd line with Helm and Bert.

I think babs will throw nyquist back to the 3rd line unless during training camp he shows some strength and size difference. I imagine nyquist on 3rd while brunner most likely takes huds spot on the 2nd. I know brunner isnt a huge sized guy but ive heard from numerous watchers of his and they all say he will hold his own against sized players. Kids got some strength on the puck apparently.

If we don't get Suter he did fail, that's how this game is played. I don't need to have Parise but Pasha needs help so an NHL proven top 6 forward is my expectation. I didn't mean to sound like the biggest downer on the board but we do need someone in the system to pas the torch off to when the time comes.

Agreed. With the cap space that we have right now, a classic Holland "we're happy with our team" off-season would be a failure. A good GM would use the money to make improvements. Having said that, the low risk move on this Brunner kid doesn't exclude big moves to come. If he's a bust, we can always send him to the AHL. Time will tell.

How' bout these new sexy lines?:

Parise/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi

Brunner/Zetterberg/Franzen

Cleary/Filppula/Nyquist

Miller/Helm/Eaves

Yeah, if we sign Parise or Semin we might have to go with 3 scoring lines. I'd put Abdelkader to replace Cleary, though.

Guest blueadams

I love you guys lol. I was actually in the middle of putting together a cap geek spread, but my ride pulled in.

...almost 4 mil left in cap space with this glorious roster too

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.000m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($7.000m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Justin Schultz ($5.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,617,045; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,682,955