• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

evilzyme

Top Swiss-leaguer Brunner to sign with Wings, Babcock has big plans

Rate this topic

I think this increases the likelihood of a trade tonight. With Brunner and Eaves in the fold... the progression of Emmerton, and the extra pieces that are around... I could see some moves.

Also, How awesome would a Helm, Brunner, Mursak line be??? Fast as hell with a ton of skill that is almost second line, but not quite there. Would make for an excellent third scoring line.

Also, How awesome would a Helm, Brunner, Mursak line be??? Fast as hell with a ton of skill that is almost second line, but not quite there. Would make for an excellent third scoring line.

The Fast and Furious line. Me likey.

This sounds promising its too bad it takes 15yrs for our players to ever crack the line up. Wish they would give the young guys more of a chance to play ealier rather then playing as a rookie in their late 20's.

This is good news. I am all for these depth signings and maybe he actually becomes a contributor (and replaces Hudler.) But please Kenny, don't take your eye off the prize(s)! Suter is a MUST MUST MUST and Parise is 2nd! If no Parise, then Semin, if no Semin then a deal must be struck for Ryan (and Schultz) If you have to make a deal on draft day for Ryan, if the price is too good to pass up, then do it!

Imagine this story line:

Ken Holland makes deal for Bobby Ryan (Justin Schultz) on June 23rd, 2012...On July 1st 2012, Zach Parise & Ryan Suter BOTH sign with Detroit...

:w00t2: I wouldn't be able to sit still for years!

Ok...here is my $70M roster including Brunner (dunno what his salary will be, so I just put $1M to be safe) and my above proposed week of ecstasy with acquiring Ryan (Schultz) along with scoring Suter/Parise....

I traded away Franzen, Mursak, Emmerton & Kindl...not all for Ryan, but I got rid of these guys none-the-less... Of course I am still adamant about siging DeKeyser and Welsh, So until it DOESN'T happen then I will continue to post it! :lol: I now have put Montoya as Howard's back-up...

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($8.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)

Damien Brunner ($1.000m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.250m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jeremy Welsh ($1.100m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($8.000m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Justin Schultz ($1.100m)

Danny DeKeyser ($0.825m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Al Montoya ($1.000m)

------

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,070,833; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,229,167

Edited by LeftWinger

Ok...here is my $70M roster including Brunner (dunno what his salary will be, so I just put $1M to be safe) and my above proposed week of ecstasy with acquiring Ryan (Schultz) along with scoring Suter/Parise....

I traded away Franzen, Mursak, Emmerton & Kindl...not all for Ryan, but I got rid of these guys none-the-less... Of course I am still adamant about siging DeKeyser and Welsh, So until it DOESN'T happen then I will continue to post it! :lol: I now have put Montoya as Howard's back-up...

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($8.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)

Damien Brunner ($1.000m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.250m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jeremy Welsh ($1.100m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($8.000m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Justin Schultz ($1.100m)

Danny DeKeyser ($0.825m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Al Montoya ($1.000m)

------

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,070,833; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,229,167

That roster is HOTTTT! However with that being said, I think that is just the dream roster. I can totally see Parise and Suter, but I don't see Holland trading for Ryan. He just doesn't seem to pull off trades that have a huge impact like that. I mentioned in another topic I want him to pull a blockbuster though! Like when we acquired Hasek. He needs to do something big, show the NHL that the Wings don't f*ck around! :D

That roster is HOTTTT! However with that being said, I think that is just the dream roster. I can totally see Parise and Suter, but I don't see Holland trading for Ryan. He just doesn't seem to pull off trades that have a huge impact like that. I mentioned in another topic I want him to pull a blockbuster though! Like when we acquired Hasek. He needs to do something big, show the NHL that the Wings don't f*ck around! :D

I know! Ya, it's a dream roster, but Holland did say if the right trade came along he would make a deal tonight....I would be just as happy with a "rights" trade too! Parise or Schultz or Semin even....I doubt Nashville trades with us...

With Holland's statement about possibly making a trade during the draft, and Helm's signing and Brunner's signing, I do kind of have this feeling like he's arranging the chess pieces to see what he has to work with. Nobody left unsigned is essential, I don't think, and that's telling.

With Holland's statement about possibly making a trade during the draft, and Helm's signing and Brunner's signing, I do kind of have this feeling like he's arranging the chess pieces to see what he has to work with. Nobody left unsigned is essential, I don't think, and that's telling.

Well, Abby and Quincey are the RFA's left unsigned...Abby I am sure will sign, Quincey I could give two farts for so that doesn't matter...BUT like I said I see a growing list of possible trade bait and with the likes of Ryan, Staal, Nash, Iginila available, I am sure he will be listening and inquiring! I would hope that he will consider all inquiries and do what is best for the TEAM.... If he had to trade one of Franzen or Filppula to acquire Ryan or Staal, I'd be ok with it...I am not sure about those guys for a "rights" trade, but stranger things have happened....Hudler's Rights for Schultz's Rights...Do it! Throw Franzen, Mursak, 2nd in and send us Ryan as well!

to ANA : Franzen. Hudler, Mursak, 2nd

to DET : Ryan, Schultz

Good signing! Especially since we didn't have to give up a lot of assets plus it is at a reasonable cost monetary wise.

Is Stacy Roest still playing in the Swiss League?

Didn't Huet (Chicago Goaltender) was also deported to the Swiss League after the horrible contract Chicago gave him?

Good signing! Especially since we didn't have to give up a lot of assets plus it is at a reasonable cost monetary wise.

Didn't Huet (Chicago Goaltender) was also deported to the Swiss League after the horrible contract Chicago gave him?

I think Owen Nolan also played there for a while.

We will see how he turns out, but after Grigorenko, Leino, Brunnstrum, etc I will hold off on the excitement and hope until A. He earns a roster spot and B. he establishes an effective role for himself.

It's one thing to tear it up overseas, but it's something else altogether to translate success over in North America, whether as a top line player or a bottom 12 grinder. I would certainly love if he can play even up to Hudler's level, but I won't hold my breath.

We will see how he turns out, but after Grigorenko, Leino, Brunnstrum, etc I will hold off on the excitement and hope until A. He earns a roster spot and B. he establishes an effective role for himself.

It's one thing to tear it up overseas, but it's something else altogether to translate success over in North America, whether as a top line player or a bottom 12 grinder. I would certainly love if he can play even up to Hudler's level, but I won't hold my breath.

I agree. It seems that all of these "All Stars" coming across the pond are not up on par to the NHL level and need at the least, a year down in the AHL. It's probably more of a "diamond in the ruff" mentality. Looking forward to how he does in camp if he signs though.

Edited by Vladiator

Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders, though, which sets him a bar above Grigs, Brunnstrom (when he first arrived in the NHL), Leino, etc.

Grigs was arrogant and entitled, as was Brunnstrom. Leino was obsessed with finding a girlfriend and having fun. But from what I've heard Brunner is a no-nonsense kind of guy and that could help him over here. Although credit where credit is due, Brunnstrom has evolved and now has a much better attitude and work ethic.

I'm a swiss hockey enthusiast and a big red wings fan, so I can say, that today is a great day for me. One of my compatriots is signing to Detroit!

All I can say is that Brunner was last year's MVP in a league where former NHL players also played. Ok, he's not big and strong, but he has a speed, skill and a hell of a wrist shot!

Edited by mirco83