• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#41 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

This kinda makes up for not having a 1st rounder in the up coming draft. Hope it's all true.

#42 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Nice pick up by kenny if its inked.

#43 Berry

Berry

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

I'm swiss and I know Brunner very well. He has been the best player for the last couple of seasons. Apparently, he has a very good work ethic and he is a good finisher too.

The gap between NHL and Swiss National Leaugue is big, but he has great skating abilites and he is fast with the puck. He never had problems playing against physical teams.

MLive and Detnews say that Brunner will sign with the Wings, but Swiss sites are more neutral (as Switzerland is : ) ). We have to way a couple of days before knowing if he is going to sign. Apparently, he is not allowed to talk to the media because he still have a contract with Zug (until july 1st).

I'll let you know!

#44 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

this is actually exciting considering he has actually established a track record early in his career.

#45 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Well this is a good turn of events. I'll be anxious to see what this kid can do in camp.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#46 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 821 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

Bring him in. I have a good feeling about this one.

#47 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

Who knows if he'll be a regular but in a probable lockout world he could look like a smart signing on the other side of the lockout

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#48 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

Don't know anything about him but isn't he about the same size as Konstantinov? I think we could say Vladdy was somewhat gritty. :colgate:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#49 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

You have no idea how much I needed some good news right now. It went from Lidstrom retiring to losing my grandmother to a ticket from the cops. I need more things like this to bring this summer back from the brink of ruinous, or the year for that matter.

I hope this kid reaches his full potential and helps us usher in a new era of young superstars.

Who knows if he'll be a regular but in a probable lockout world he could look like a smart signing on the other side of the lockout

I don't think a lockout is likely.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#50 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,095 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

With Nyquist coming up to the big leagues next season, we needed another young guy to step in as the #1 scorer down there. From what i've heard, this guy is it. Then after this season, if he excels, who knows.

With Nyquist coming up to the big leagues next season, we needed another young guy to step in as the #1 scorer down in Grand Rapids. From what i've heard, this guy is it. Then after this season, if he excels, who knows.

#NOMOREKINDL

#51 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

I think this increases the likelihood of a trade tonight. With Brunner and Eaves in the fold... the progression of Emmerton, and the extra pieces that are around... I could see some moves.

Also, How awesome would a Helm, Brunner, Mursak line be??? Fast as hell with a ton of skill that is almost second line, but not quite there. Would make for an excellent third scoring line.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#52 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

Also, How awesome would a Helm, Brunner, Mursak line be??? Fast as hell with a ton of skill that is almost second line, but not quite there. Would make for an excellent third scoring line.

The Fast and Furious line. Me likey.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#53 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

This sounds promising its too bad it takes 15yrs for our players to ever crack the line up. Wish they would give the young guys more of a chance to play ealier rather then playing as a rookie in their late 20's.

#54 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

This is good news. I am all for these depth signings and maybe he actually becomes a contributor (and replaces Hudler.) But please Kenny, don't take your eye off the prize(s)! Suter is a MUST MUST MUST and Parise is 2nd! If no Parise, then Semin, if no Semin then a deal must be struck for Ryan (and Schultz) If you have to make a deal on draft day for Ryan, if the price is too good to pass up, then do it!

Imagine this story line:

Ken Holland makes deal for Bobby Ryan (Justin Schultz) on June 23rd, 2012...On July 1st 2012, Zach Parise & Ryan Suter BOTH sign with Detroit...

:w00t2: I wouldn't be able to sit still for years!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#55 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

Ok...here is my $70M roster including Brunner (dunno what his salary will be, so I just put $1M to be safe) and my above proposed week of ecstasy with acquiring Ryan (Schultz) along with scoring Suter/Parise....

I traded away Franzen, Mursak, Emmerton & Kindl...not all for Ryan, but I got rid of these guys none-the-less... Of course I am still adamant about siging DeKeyser and Welsh, So until it DOESN'T happen then I will continue to post it! :lol: I now have put Montoya as Howard's back-up...

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($8.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Damien Brunner ($1.000m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.250m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jeremy Welsh ($1.100m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($8.000m)
Ian White ($2.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Justin Schultz ($1.100m)
Danny DeKeyser ($0.825m) /

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Al Montoya ($1.000m)
------

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,070,833; BONUSES: $37,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,229,167

Edited by LeftWinger, 22 June 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#56 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

Ok...here is my $70M roster including Brunner (dunno what his salary will be, so I just put $1M to be safe) and my above proposed week of ecstasy with acquiring Ryan (Schultz) along with scoring Suter/Parise....

I traded away Franzen, Mursak, Emmerton & Kindl...not all for Ryan, but I got rid of these guys none-the-less... Of course I am still adamant about siging DeKeyser and Welsh, So until it DOESN'T happen then I will continue to post it! :lol: I now have put Montoya as Howard's back-up...

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($8.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Damien Brunner ($1.000m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.250m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jeremy Welsh ($1.100m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($8.000m)
Ian White ($2.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Justin Schultz ($1.100m)
Danny DeKeyser ($0.825m) /

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Al Montoya ($1.000m)
------

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,070,833; BONUSES: $37,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,229,167

That roster is HOTTTT! However with that being said, I think that is just the dream roster. I can totally see Parise and Suter, but I don't see Holland trading for Ryan. He just doesn't seem to pull off trades that have a huge impact like that. I mentioned in another topic I want him to pull a blockbuster though! Like when we acquired Hasek. He needs to do something big, show the NHL that the Wings don't f*ck around! :D

Posted Image

#57 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

That roster is HOTTTT! However with that being said, I think that is just the dream roster. I can totally see Parise and Suter, but I don't see Holland trading for Ryan. He just doesn't seem to pull off trades that have a huge impact like that. I mentioned in another topic I want him to pull a blockbuster though! Like when we acquired Hasek. He needs to do something big, show the NHL that the Wings don't f*ck around! :D

I know! Ya, it's a dream roster, but Holland did say if the right trade came along he would make a deal tonight....I would be just as happy with a "rights" trade too! Parise or Schultz or Semin even....I doubt Nashville trades with us...

#58 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

With Holland's statement about possibly making a trade during the draft, and Helm's signing and Brunner's signing, I do kind of have this feeling like he's arranging the chess pieces to see what he has to work with. Nobody left unsigned is essential, I don't think, and that's telling.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#59 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Absolutely LOVE this signing. Should fit in nicely on Helm's wing.
be about it!

#60 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

With Holland's statement about possibly making a trade during the draft, and Helm's signing and Brunner's signing, I do kind of have this feeling like he's arranging the chess pieces to see what he has to work with. Nobody left unsigned is essential, I don't think, and that's telling.

Well, Abby and Quincey are the RFA's left unsigned...Abby I am sure will sign, Quincey I could give two farts for so that doesn't matter...BUT like I said I see a growing list of possible trade bait and with the likes of Ryan, Staal, Nash, Iginila available, I am sure he will be listening and inquiring! I would hope that he will consider all inquiries and do what is best for the TEAM.... If he had to trade one of Franzen or Filppula to acquire Ryan or Staal, I'd be ok with it...I am not sure about those guys for a "rights" trade, but stranger things have happened....Hudler's Rights for Schultz's Rights...Do it! Throw Franzen, Mursak, 2nd in and send us Ryan as well!

to ANA : Franzen. Hudler, Mursak, 2nd

to DET : Ryan, Schultz