• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#61 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

Is Stacy Roest still playing in the Swiss League?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#62 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

Nice!
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#63 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Good signing! Especially since we didn't have to give up a lot of assets plus it is at a reasonable cost monetary wise.

Didn't Huet (Chicago Goaltender) was also deported to the Swiss League after the horrible contract Chicago gave him?

#64 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

He's a righty. Shoots first. Is amazingly fast. Zero risk, massively high reward. Anyone who doesn't like this move is bat crap crazy.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#65 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

I'm completely okay with this possible signing.
Here's a vid of Brunner pulling off The Datsyuk :tounge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vya0-z7FXw

Some more highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdaOemuCXp8

Edited by Namingway, 22 June 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#66 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

Good signing! Especially since we didn't have to give up a lot of assets plus it is at a reasonable cost monetary wise.

Didn't Huet (Chicago Goaltender) was also deported to the Swiss League after the horrible contract Chicago gave him?

I think Owen Nolan also played there for a while.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#67 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

I guess it's official that Holmstrom is retiring then, we can't have 2 #96's on the same team....
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#68 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

I'm completely okay with this possible signing.
Here's a vid of Brunner pulling off The Datsyuk :tounge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vya0-z7FXw

Some more highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdaOemuCXp8

it's official, after watching those videos, i have a huge man crush.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#69 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

We will see how he turns out, but after Grigorenko, Leino, Brunnstrum, etc I will hold off on the excitement and hope until A. He earns a roster spot and B. he establishes an effective role for himself.
It's one thing to tear it up overseas, but it's something else altogether to translate success over in North America, whether as a top line player or a bottom 12 grinder. I would certainly love if he can play even up to Hudler's level, but I won't hold my breath.

#70 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

Why hasn't this been officially announced?

#71 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

Why hasn't this been officially announced?

Because while he can negotiate with teams right now, he can't officially sign until July 1st.

#72 Vladiator

Vladiator

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

We will see how he turns out, but after Grigorenko, Leino, Brunnstrum, etc I will hold off on the excitement and hope until A. He earns a roster spot and B. he establishes an effective role for himself.
It's one thing to tear it up overseas, but it's something else altogether to translate success over in North America, whether as a top line player or a bottom 12 grinder. I would certainly love if he can play even up to Hudler's level, but I won't hold my breath.

I agree. It seems that all of these "All Stars" coming across the pond are not up on par to the NHL level and need at the least, a year down in the AHL. It's probably more of a "diamond in the ruff" mentality. Looking forward to how he does in camp if he signs though.

Edited by Vladiator, 23 June 2012 - 01:45 AM.

#73 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders, though, which sets him a bar above Grigs, Brunnstrom (when he first arrived in the NHL), Leino, etc.

Grigs was arrogant and entitled, as was Brunnstrom. Leino was obsessed with finding a girlfriend and having fun. But from what I've heard Brunner is a no-nonsense kind of guy and that could help him over here. Although credit where credit is due, Brunnstrom has evolved and now has a much better attitude and work ethic.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#74 mirco83

mirco83

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

I'm a swiss hockey enthusiast and a big red wings fan, so I can say, that today is a great day for me. One of my compatriots is signing to Detroit!

All I can say is that Brunner was last year's MVP in a league where former NHL players also played. Ok, he's not big and strong, but he has a speed, skill and a hell of a wrist shot!

Edited by mirco83, 23 June 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#75 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

I love this move but I just really hope that Kenny is not ready to stand pat now. Please Kenny, Please get aggressive.

#76 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Grigs was on the fast track to being an NHL allstar and nearly died and was never suppose to walk let alone play hockey. If you're shocked that he wasn't as good as everyone pre crash made him out to be then you need to re-evaluate things.

Leino was one of the main cogs that nearly landed Philly a cup. He's done alright. Brunnstrom's a flop, so I'll give you that.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#77 deltawing

deltawing

GO RED WINGS!

• Gold Booster
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

http://www.mlive.com..._medium=twitter

Babcock sees him as a top 6 forward starting out, wow!
Sergeant Rathbun - USMC
Operation Iraqi Freedom 05-07 Oct 06 - Apr 07
http://www.last.fm/user/deltawing12

#78 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

http://www.mlive.com..._medium=twitter

Babcock sees him as a top 6 forward starting out, wow!

Wonder if that means Nyquist would end up in GR again given he isn't out of options yet & doesn't have to go through waivers.

#79 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,299 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Wonder if that means Nyquist would end up in GR again given he isn't out of options yet & doesn't have to go through waivers.

My guess is that Goose and Brunner will get a lot of playing time as Huds is on his way out and there is still a big question mark if Eaves can even play....

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#80 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

Great job on our scouting team to unearth skill and talent from other sources. Everyone knows that we were known for finding talent in Sweden by having a designated scout there. Now that Russia and Sweden have been tapped, let's find all the gems in Switzerland, Belarus, Africa, China, Australia, India ...