• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Flyers Trade Bobrovsky to Columbus

Rate this topic

Bobrovsky is a solid tender who had a bad season... I think this is a solid move for Columbus. Will it put them over the edge and help them compete when the playoffs come around, well that is yet to be determined. They didn't overpay, in my opinion and I can I see there being a Nash trade in the works as well. Probably something involving Read and JVR.

In the end, Columbus just upgraded their goaltending.

the flyers have so much young talent and valuable assets such as picks it drives me nuts. So jealous. Expect them to move up in the draft using JVR or their first, 2nd, cbj 2nd to get a top 10 pick. fml. another couturier to add to the stable. I wish we had the assets to move up that easily.

Edited by dirtydangles

the flyers have so much young talent and valuable assets such as picks it drives me nuts. So jealous. Expect them to move up in the draft using JVR or their first, 2nd, cbj 2nd to get a top 10 pick. fml. another couturier to add to the stable. I wish we had the assets to move up that easily.

With the Flyers as my second favorite team after Detroit that is one thing I love about them. They got their core talent but have all those young guys just waiting to emerge; with Read and Couturier being the top two. I am right there with you though; I wish the Wings had some assets or some balls to move into the top ten and grab some of that high end talent!

Seems like a ridiculous overpayment for an average goaltender. But maybe Howson's job is on the line and he had to look like he's doing something? I'm not going to trash Bobrovsky, but he's certainly not even close to elite and likely never will be. In the modern NHL it's just not necessary to build from the net out, and doing so usually just screws teams up nowadays.

This is a strange move for both considering how leaky Bryzgalov was last year. Obviously that contract means he is not going anywhere....but....??? scratching head...is he really an upgrade for Columbus? wait for Luongo or Thomas to become available...?