• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade Ian White?

Rate this topic

he only had a good year because of lidstrom

lidstrom just made him look better than he was

Lidstrom makes everyone he plays with look better than they actually are. That is what happens when you play next to the Perfect Human. Don't let that confuse you into believing that he is not a good defenceman.

It is worth noting that his cap hit is only $2,875,000, can slot in our Top 4, and he posses this weird trait where he shoots Right handed (they still make those guys?).

...while I agree that White will not be back next season, I keep him this season. Get Schultz anyhow and let Quincey walk. Next year when there is an open spot on the defense, Mr. Weber just may come a-calling....Especially after how Suter talks up Detroit as the best place to play in the world... That would make 2013-2014 defense roster look like this:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Weber - Suter

Smith - Schultz

DeKeyser

:yowza: now that would rock! <SMACK!> Ok, Ok, I am awake now....sheesh!

Edited by LeftWinger

...while I agree that White will not be back next season, I keep him this season. Get Schultz anyhow and let Quincey walk. Next year when there is an open spot on the defense, Mr. Weber just may come a-calling....Especially after how Suter talks up Detroit as the best place to play in the world... That would make 2013-2014 defense roster look like this:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Weber - Suter

Smith - Schultz

DeKeyser

:yowza: now that wold rock! <SMACK!> Ok, Ok, I am awake now....sheesh!

I wonder how Nashville fans will feel about it if it actually happens.

I know I would love it. Taking 2 of their best players. Oh man that would be so bittersweet. They would such a sour taste in their mouths. I think it bring the intensity of the DET-NAS games wayyy up!

:lol: Too bad on them! Of course they could always have an interest in our multiple Stanley Cups....maybe they would feel like they (the Predators) actually help win it for us! At least that is what they would say....

"If it wasn't for our Predators you signed, you wouldn't have won the Cup!"

I wouldn't have minded if the Wings kicked a second round pick in 2013 to Anaheim for Lubomir Visnovsky. He IS quite an offensively talented d-man, (led all defencemen in scoring in 2010-11) and the Wings just lost one of those...I think Kenny got scooped on that one by the Isles.

#2???? f*ck if ian white is our #2 d man then we got more problems than i thought

He is as of RIGHT NOW our number 2. If the season started tomorrow the pairings would be something like:

Kronwall-White

Ericsson-Quincey

Smith-Kindl

I wouldn't have minded if the Wings kicked a second round pick in 2013 to Anaheim for Lubomir Visnovsky. He IS quite an offensively talented d-man, (led all defencemen in scoring in 2010-11) and the Wings just lost one of those...I think Kenny got scooped on that one by the Isles.

I'm thinking that The Isles pick would presumably be a higher pick than ours. That and The Isles mean nothing to The Ducks, whereas, we may be dueling for a playoff spot with them.

i really think we should trade him now while we can get somethin decent i think were gonna be really dissapointed this season and realize he only had a good year because of lidstrom

he was +23 this season and prior to that never went in the double digits in the last 3 seasons he played for 5 teams

I would much rather take a chance on like justin schultz and give him a guaranteed spot to start the season ... give him a 20 game trial at the least instead of risking losing him to another team who will guarantee him a spot , hes suppose to be a cant miss where as white i think will be gone after next year .... even if we cant land schultz id still trade white , hes highly overrated in my eyes

I first noticed White when he played against us in San Jose and thought he was a great little player. When we poicked him up I was so happy, I think White has been a fantastic addition. Low cost, high energy, gives his all, safe and for a small guy he plays bigger then some of our big guys... yes I'm looking at you Ericsson "The friendly giant". Trading White would be a dumb and pointless move imo.

i just dont think hes that valuable at all , hes a 5-6 in my eyes... time will tell

#2???? f*ck if ian white is our #2 d man then we got more problems than i thought

Hey, I know you are entitled to your opinion... hate him if will but did you watch him play at all? He was solid all around. Having White at #2 is a pretty safe option I think. As other have said, unless White was part of a package deal bringing in some big replacement parts trading him would be insane. Even if Schultz decided to sign and he earned a spot then half our D would basically be rookie's or noobs... how would that fill the gaping wounds left by Lids and Stuarts leaving and adding White to that?

He's a trade asset, IMO.* Not bait, because he's a pretty solid guy for us - but "tradable," IMO. Been saying this for a while.

*Unless all we're adding to the blue line this summer is Dennis Wideman or Jason Garrison, in which case, f***.

no way i know quincey has struggled but i think he'll have a bounce back year , i think hes a better defensemen overall i really cant see ian white coming back after the next season he just looked good cause of lidstrom

I would much rather guarantee schultz a spot on the team and put him with smith if it meant losing him to another team and getting rid of white to make it happen

Why the f would we guarantee a kid from college who has never played an NHL game a spot on the roster instead of a proven, consistent, all-round D-man like White? Pure silliness.

We are not trading White. One year left on his contract and don't know if he has a no trade clause or not. Doesn't work out this year then he leaves no biggie. Either way I don't see us trading him not now or anytime soon since we already have 2 or aguably 3 d-spots to fill.

Even if it'd help us fetch an elite defenseman? (Naturally this would be a package dealio.)

obviously if you could upgrade it would be worthwhile... (ie-yandle) but even so, hes one of our few right handed shots so that may not be the best idea depending on who we get (yandle shoots right). i also feel he is pretty consitent, moderately priced and has the some spark which this team seems to lack at times. i would personally like to see them keep him.

Edited by DangleDangleBeach