• 2,113 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

I hope this happens we need a D...

#22 Russell

Russell

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

When I first read this and seen who tweeted the update.. I thought it was bogus for sure. (@hockeyyinsiderr is a joke).. however, I've read several times from different sites that the Wings are the front runners to obtain Yandle.

However just to be clear, ((@HockeyyInsiderr)) is a fraud and is NOT a reliable source. He is the one who tweeted saying Parise had a verbal agreement with PIT and Suter had a verbal agreement with DET.. case closed.

#23 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

HockeyyInsiderr is total garbage.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#24 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

HockeyyInsiderr has broken the news of almost every big signing or trade before the mainstream guys 9/10 times. He blew it with Suter and Parise but otherwise hes been on point.

#25 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

When I first read this and seen who tweeted the update.. I thought it was bogus for sure. (@hockeyyinsiderr is a joke).. however, I've read several times from different sites that the Wings are the front runners to obtain Yandle.

However just to be clear, ((@HockeyyInsiderr)) is a fraud and is NOT a reliable source. He is the one who tweeted saying Parise had a verbal agreement with PIT and Suter had a verbal agreement with DET.. case closed.

You should really do your research. He has been dead on with virtually everything else before anyone you would consider "reliable." I am on twitter daily and he has been batting nearly 1000. Have you considered that Suter and Parise did in fact have verbal agreements before deciding to go all brokeback mountain in Minny?
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#26 Russell

Russell

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:45 AM

Look up his "compromising Photo" of TSN's derren Dreger and then tell me if you think he is still real... It turned out to be a terribly photo-shopped picture of a hockeyyinsiderr profile picture. Yet this guy is suppose to be spot on right?

For example, he Tweeted the wings offered semin a deal worth 11m for 2 years.. Which never happened, Semins agent told the media talks between Semin and the wings never got anywhere. If you guys think he is credible then that's fine, however from what I've read .. it's not worth it.

#27 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

The question is, if we do acquire Yandle, will people consider this offseason a success? Obviously I hope the price is right, however chances are we're getting ripped a bit since he's on a contender in the west. I guess it boils down to whether we have to include Flip or Franzen. We all want Flip to be a Wing, but if we did trade Franzen, could we replace his scoring with the current roster? I'm just curious what you guys think.

#28 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

They won't go for Franzen, they want a good center and that's exactly Filp. He has potential and everyone can see it. The hard part is showing that we have leverage and are about to sign Filp to a longer contract but obviously he isn't going to sign one just to get dealt a few days later for Yandle. I'm hoping he can get some value in the market right now. BUT, in my person opinion, I hope we don't lose Filp. I know it's been said over and over, season after season, but I still hold a lot of potential in Filp. Him and Pavel have some outrageous chemistry and can work the puck, just never given the solid chance to play any respectable time together to showcase it. This one is hard, get the D we need... or hold on to our beautiful center with in MY opinion has a great ceiling.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#29 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Same news on Kukkla's corner... Flip seems to be trade candidate

Flip is next Dats... Kenny should offer Franzen and Kindl...

Edited by Dominator2005, 30 July 2012 - 11:38 AM.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#30 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

Yandle won't keep cheap people and I highly doubt they want Franzen and Kindl.

#31 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
BREAKING NEWS: The #RedWings have offer on the table for #Coyotes Yandle: Filppula+Nyquist+2013 1st. #WOW Ball in PHX court.
Expand F*CKKKK THATTT , 2 potential top 6 forwards of the future in detroit and a 1st round pick in a solid draft year? filppula could come back after 1 season in phoenix but i dont think its worth the risk

#32 DesertWing

DesertWing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

HockeyyInsiderr has broken the news of almost every big signing or trade before the mainstream guys 9/10 times. He blew it with Suter and Parise but otherwise hes been on point.

Those were the two biggest free agent stories of the summer and he got them both embarrassingly wrong. I also saw him claim credit for breaking another deal even though he tweeted the info about 5 hours after Darren Dreger. The guy is a joke.

#33 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
BREAKING NEWS: The #RedWings have offer on the table for #Coyotes Yandle: Filppula+Nyquist+2013 1st. #WOW Ball in PHX court.
Expand

F*CKKKK THATTT , 2 potential top 6 forwards of the future in detroit and a 1st round pick in a solid draft year? filppula could come back after 1 season in phoenix but i dont think its worth the risk

I'm not surprised by your post, seeing as your name on here is "Nyquististhefuture." While I may not exactly agree with this idea, and give no weight to this rumor whatsoever, I do think that if it were somehow true, I woudn't mind it, perhaps move that 1st to a 2nd or 3rd.

Filppula could just re-sign here, but that is a big risk as you may piss him off in making such a move.