43 replies to this topic

#1 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

Posted Image

I've often thought that LGW needed a thread like this, and now there's no better time to start it, with the new forum version.

Consider this thread to be an "Ask The Experts" thread on how to make use of the many features of LGW. Having trouble posting a YouTube clip? Want to quote more than one member in your response? Trying to get the formatting for your signature just right? Post your questions here, and we'll get the answer for you!

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#2 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

Thought I'd drop this question here from the Forum upgrade thread.

First looks - looks great :colgate:

Edit; Any1 know how to add YouTube-videos in this new forum..? Cant seem to find the Media-button from the previous forum.. Was so nice to be able to put the videowindow straight into the post - no links..

#3 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

Posting a video to YouTube is actually very easy. Instead of going the long way (described below), all you'll need to do is post the link to the video in your post. The boards will autodetect the link when it posts your comment, and it will auto-embed the video for you. As such...

You can still use the insert media feature. To do so, you'll need to hit the "Special BBCode" button in the post window. The button is located here...

(Pictures can be clicked to enlarge)
Attached File  photo.jpg   18.15KB   14 downloads

Click the button, and select "Media" from the dropdown, and click OK...

Attached File  photo2.JPG   20.08KB   15 downloads

The next window that is brought up looks like this...

Attached File  photo3.JPG   17.48KB   11 downloads

Ignore the "Dimensions (Flash Only)" box. All you have to do from here is paste the YouTube video's URL in the "Media URL" box, and click "OK".

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

#4 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

Is it still possible to replace a "Link" url with a word or two (e.g., name of a newspaper)?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#5 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

Is it still possible to replace a "Link" url with a word or two (e.g., name of a newspaper)?

Yup, you have to type the text you want to be hyperlinked, highlight it, then click the hyperlink button (two chain links) and it will give you a spot to put the link in.

#6 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

Nope; the second part of the old "Link" (see above) is not part of the revamped site. At least, not yet or I don't see it.

#7 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

How to post hyperlinked text

If your post/reply box looks like this, then click the switch circled here to change it to make it look like this. (pictures available when you click the links) Once it looks like that, you're gonna highlight the text you want to make "clickable" and click the button shown here, and the dialog box will show up. Then, paste the link in the spot it says (you shouldn't need to change any of the other settings), and once you do that the text should show up either blue or purple with a line under it, as shown here. That should be how you post a link. If you need any more help, just ask.

#8 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Thank you very much!

#9 ElCapitan

ElCapitan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

In the "old" forum I could read a thread, say to page 3. When I would come back to continue reading the same thread & clicked on the thread title, it would take me to the last post (or at least the last page) that I read. In other words, it would take me right to where I left off. The new forum only takes you to page 1, post 1. Is there any way to get the old function of going where I left off reading?

I hope that wasn't to unclear.

#10 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

In the "old" forum I could read a thread, say to page 3. When I would come back to continue reading the same thread & clicked on the thread title, it would take me to the last post (or at least the last page) that I read. In other words, it would take me right to where I left off. The new forum only takes you to page 1, post 1. Is there any way to get the old function of going where I left off reading?

I hope that wasn't to unclear.

Next to the name of the post, there is gonna be either a little circle or star. If you click on that it will take you to the last post you read.

#11 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Next to the name of the post, there is gonna be either a little circle or star. If you click on that it will take you to the last post you read.

This. If you've posted a reply in the thread, the boards will show the star. If you haven't, you'll see the circle.

Here's an example...
Attached File  photo.jpg   23.56KB   12 downloads

#12 ElCapitan

ElCapitan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

Awesome, thanks for the help guys!

#13 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

Well hell... I didn't even know that.

#14 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

Well hell... I didn't even know that.

That's it. I didn't want to do this, but you've left me no choice.

#15 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Is there any reason I can't see attachments in this thread? Says I don't have permission when I click on the file name.

You do not have permission to view this attachment.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#16 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

That's why I asked.

#17 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

Is there any reason I can't see attachments in this thread? Says I don't have permission when I click on the file name.

It likely has to do with the permissions in IP.B and it is something Matt has to fix himself.

#18 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

Looks like there was an error under the "Members" group settings. I went through it and I believe I fixed the problem. Let me know if that's not the case.

#19 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

Tis fixed (I think).

#20 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

This. If you've posted a reply in the thread, the boards will show the star. If you haven't, you'll see the circle.

Here's an example...
Attached File  photo.jpg   23.56KB   12 downloads

NM

esteef

Edited by esteef, 01 July 2012 - 12:15 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users