• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

Posting a video to YouTube is actually very easy. Instead of going the long way (described below), all you'll need to do is post the link to the video in your post. The boards will autodetect the link when it posts your comment, and it will auto-embed the video for you. As such...

You can still use the insert media feature. To do so, you'll need to hit the "Special BBCode" button in the post window. The button is located here...

(Pictures can be clicked to enlarge)
attachicon.gifphoto.jpg

Click the button, and select "Media" from the dropdown, and click OK...

attachicon.gifphoto2.JPG

The next window that is brought up looks like this...

attachicon.gifphoto3.JPG

Ignore the "Dimensions (Flash Only)" box. All you have to do from here is paste the YouTube video's URL in the "Media URL" box, and click "OK".

I can't seem to figure this out.  When I post links with videos they never display.  When I try to use the special bbc code from say youtube or a gif from imgur, still nothing.  Just the link shows.

I know this is meant o be a foolproof method, is there yet an easier way, these two options just seem non functional? (I don't recall having such difficulty posting videos and what not on other sites).

thanks

#42 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Two posts back.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#43 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Hi Bro, 2nd sentence in my post: "When I try to use the special bbc code from say youtube or a gif from imgur, still nothing."

2 posts back doesn't help.  thanks

#44 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

Is there a way to force the mobile view of the forum? I recently got a new phone and it isn't being automatically directed to the mobile site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users