• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

Wings take G Jake Paterson from the Saginaw Spirit.

Hockey's Future Profile

Edited by Tim.D, 23 June 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#2 SpiritFan

SpiritFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Being from Saginaw (and a season ticket holder for the past few years) I got to see Jake a lot. He has t he tools to be a really good goalie in a few years. He started this season a little rough splitting time with the other goaltender here at the time to figure out who the #1 guy was going to be (we had a vet that was the starter last year, who moved on). Jake clearly outplayed the other tender - so much so that the other guy was released! Anyway, once he "knew" he won the #1 spot, he really took off & played really well the last 2/3 of the season, especially after Greg Gilbert came in to be the new coach to settle this team down. He kept getting better as the season went on & was friggin' INSANE in the playoffs! Everyone talked about how he stepped up in the playoffs when he was most needed! I like the pick - Paterson will be good!

And all us Wings fans will get to see him play in the outdoor game this Winter at Comerica Park!

Edited by SpiritFan, 23 June 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#3 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

This is awesome. I was a season ticket holder this past season for the Spirit and loved watching Jake. So excited to see a baby Red Wings develop :).

#4 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

how big is this kid?

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#5 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

how big is this kid?

6-1, 185. Just click the link Tim posted.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#6 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

#3 rated North American G...could see him on Canada's WJC team this year. that would be a good stage to see his Jr capabilities playing against the best the Jr's have to offer.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.