• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

So What's Up With Abby & Quincey?

Rate this topic

On the spectrum of physical NHL players Abby's nothing special. I don't think we should pay him like he is a special little snowflake even if playing here makes it appear that way.

If Gaustad is going for 3+ million a year, then Abby at under 2 million a year is a fair price. I'm hoping for 1.5 million a year for three years. It's not like Abby is holding up negotiations, Holland and his agent were supposed to talk this weekend.

Of course, Holland may be waiting on Quincey to see if he lands Suter and Schultz... Quincey then becomes un-needed...

Holland isn't gonna let the guy walk, it doesn't matter if we get Suter and Schultz. He gave up a 1st round pick for him.

Gota say this ... Abby at center - is a joke. He a workhorse thats is only effective at the NHL level as a winger. What he brings to the table as a center (faceoff % and fighting) can be bought in Paul Gaustad, but better and we can put Abby back on the 4th line wing where he can charge dmen till the cows come home and rattled brain cells. As a center hes the last to enter the zone way to much and he is a player (much like myself) who plays on speed, power, and adrenaline way too much. He's not a thinker at the NHL level, hes a Max Lapierre thats slightly better at fighting.

Holland isn't gonna let the guy walk, it doesn't matter if we get Suter and Schultz. He gave up a 1st round pick for him.

...and if he signs somewhere else for more than what he was qualified for, Holland gets a 1st round AND a 3rd round pick in compensation...no brainer to me...

Why are some people acting like its a choice between Prust or Abdelkader? The fourth line would look awesome with both, contrary to red wing belief you can actually have more than one physical forward on the fourth line. With toughness and grit such a weakness in the bottom 6, why on earth would people say get rid of the only guy on the team who brings physicality?

On wing, hes a great forechecker and big hitter. He will fight and he can chip some points (especially on wing). Put Abby and Prust on either side of Helm and watch the other teams D have fits is what I say

Whats unlikely? Thats the RFA compensation rules. If he signs an offer and holland does not match, holland gets compensated....cut and dry.

Ya i'm aware of that, what's unlikely is that a team gives him an offer sheet. As far as I can remember it's happened twice

Ya i'm aware of that, what's unlikely is that a team gives him an offer sheet. As far as I can remember it's happened twice

Offer sheets aren't uncommon; it's the teams not matching them is what is really rare.

Guest Hatethedrake!

It will most likely not happen but here's a thought...Kenny signs Schultz and the Oilers who lose out are pissed so they sign Quincey to an offer sheet. Kenny lets him walk and takes the compensation which is a 1st and a 3rd. Ah I can't see Quincey being that much in demand.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

He's gonna play somewhere... Let's just say Holland says, 'Here is your qualifying offer, that is all I am going to offer you." Kyle has three options: 1. Accept the Qualifying Offer 2. test the market as an RFA, he should get a taker somewhere for more than $3.125M or 3. Take the Wings to arbitration where (with the crappy season he had) he risks the chance of being rewarded a lessor contract than $3.15M. The smartest thing for him and the best thing for the Wings would be to explore the RFA world. IF nobody else wants him then accept the qualifying offer...but by then our D corps should be full...so he will have to be traded.

Edited by LeftWinger

Offer sheets aren't uncommon; it's the teams not matching them is what is really rare.

That's right my bad, it's been twice that the team has let the player go.

He's gonna play somewhere... Let's just say Holland says, 'Here is your qualifying offer, that is all I am going to offer you." Kyle has three options: 1. Accept the Qualifying Offer 2. test the market as an RFA, he should get a taker somewhere for more than $3.125M or 3. Take the Wings to arbitration where (with the crappy season he had) he risks the chance of being rewarded a lessor contract than $3.15M. The smartest thing for him and the best thing for the Wings would be to explore the RFA world. IF nobody else wants him then accept the qualifying offer...but by then our D corps should be full...so he will have to be traded.

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean Holland is gonna get rid of him.

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean Holland is gonna get rid of him.

Really? Damn! No crap dude...but those are his only options.

He got the qualifying offer from Holland already. But if Holland lands Suter and is really on the trail of Schultz like the media thinks he is and gets those guys signed July 1st, Kyle has to either accepet the $3.125M or explore RFA. If he accepts the $3.125M then he will be the #7 guy riding the pine most nights, so he may as well see if he can get signed somewhere else...if Holland signs both those guys, Quincey is not needed here. Not because I don't like him, but it's just the facts. Smith is not going to sit and Schultz will be at a $3M cap hit basically and nobody making $3M is going to sit in the press box, whether it's Schultz or Quincey, so Quincey would be dealt. So, If Holland lands both, Quincey is out and Holland will gladly accept a 1st and a 3rd for someone he only gave up a 1st for...besides they got the guy they wanted in the 2nd round this year, so he didn't even miss that 1st pick he gave up....letting Quincey go ONLY AFTER SUTER AND SCHULTZ ARE SIGNED is the obvious thing to do. Now, if they don't get the UFA's then Quincey has a home...

edit: besides, I don't like Hudler and Holland is finally letting him go! So there! :P

Edited by LeftWinger

Really? Damn! No crap dude...but those are his only options.

He got the qualifying offer from Holland already. But if Holland lands Suter and is really on the trail of Schultz like the media thinks he is and gets those guys signed July 1st, Kyle has to either accepet the $3.125M or explore RFA. If he accepts the $3.125M then he will be the #7 guy riding the pine most nights, so he may as well see if he can get signed somewhere else...if Holland signs both those guys, Quincey is not needed here. Not because I don't like him, but it's just the facts. Smith is not going to sit and Schultz will be at a $3M cap hit basically and nobody making $3M is going to sit in the press box, whether it's Schultz or Quincey, so Quincey would be dealt. So, If Holland lands both, Quincey is out and Holland will gladly accept a 1st and a 3rd for someone he only gave up a 1st for...besides they got the guy they wanted in the 2nd round this year, so he didn't even miss that 1st pick he gave up....letting Quincey go ONLY AFTER SUTER AND SCHULTZ ARE SIGNED is the obvious thing to do. Now, if they don't get the UFA's then Quincey has a home...

edit: besides, I don't like Hudler and Holland is finally letting him go! So there! :P

:rolleyes: Ya he's gonna be the 7th dman right behind Kindl and Ericsson.

:rolleyes: Ya he's gonna be the 7th dman right behind Kindl and Ericsson.

Dude what is so difficult to understand? I am saying IF Holland signs Suter and Schultz...here is your lineup

Kronwall/Suter

White/Ericsson

Smith/Schultz

Quincey would be #7 in that lineup....period. Are you saying Ericsson should be #7? Because Smith or Schultz will not be... Kindl would be #7 if Quincey walks...

What part aren't you understanding? Holland only gets Suter, then yes, re-sign Quincey and he will be in the lineup...if Holland doesn't get anyone UFA, then yes re-sign Quincey...

BUT IF HOLLAND GETS SUTER AND SCHULTZ, QUINCEY IS PUSHED OUT OF THE TOP 6. That is all I am saying...

Dude what is so difficult to understand? I am saying IF Holland signs Suter and Schultz...here is your lineup

Kronwall/Suter

White/Ericsson

Smith/Schultz

Quincey would be #7 in that lineup....period. Are you saying Ericsson should be #7? Because Smith or Schultz will not be... Kindl would be #7 if Quincey walks...

What part aren't you understanding? Holland only gets Suter, then yes, re-sign Quincey and he will be in the lineup...if Holland doesn't get anyone UFA, then yes re-sign Quincey...

BUT IF HOLLAND GETS SUTER AND SCHULTZ, QUINCEY IS PUSHED OUT OF THE TOP 6. That is all I am saying...

He's not playing behind White or Ericsson in my opinion. I guess we will see who's right if we get both Suter and Schultz.

He's not playing behind White or Ericsson in my opinion. I guess we will see who's right if we get both Suter and Schultz.

Ok, right or wrong, its all irrelevant until Suter and Schultz is signed....

In your scenario, Holland signs Suter and Schultz. Where do YOU put Quincey and which defenseman do you get rid of? We cannot have 8 defenders. You are putting him ahead of White/Ericsson. Which one are you getting rid of?

Edited by LeftWinger

I have it on good authority that Brandon Prust will be a Red Wing in 2012-13.

Take that for what it is, coming from a 26 year-old native of London, Ontario.

Hmmmm.....You will probably get flamed up for this, but I for one know how it is...I have a buddy who is/was/is again (different story :lol: ) dating Dan Dekeyser's sister and he has let me know some things here and there, I also am very good friends with Manny Legace's father in law who is still very good friends with a lot of Red Wings and Red Wing execs. So I can understand where you are coming from with some inside info....hopefully your good authority is right! Thanks for the info, if it happens there will be many happy Red Wings fans!

If Holland lands both, Quincey is out and Holland will gladly accept a 1st and a 3rd for someone he only gave up a 1st for...besides they got the guy they wanted in the 2nd round this year, so he didn't even miss that 1st pick he gave up.

I agree that if we land both Suter and Schultz, Quincey would likely be the odd guy out or very close to it but I doubt we'd recoup the 1st round pick.

Its extremely unlikely Quincey gets offered a contract worth more than 3.364 a season, and anything less than that will net us a 2nd rounder instead.

Here is the RFA compensation table for this season

$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation

Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick

Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick

Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd

Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd

Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd

Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

I agree that if we land both Suter and Schultz, Quincey would likely be the odd guy out or very close to it but I doubt we'd recoup the 1st round pick.

Its extremely unlikely Quincey gets offered a contract worth more than 3.364 a season, and anything less than that will net us a 2nd rounder instead.

Here is the RFA compensation table for this season

Well, if he wouldn't be offer anything more than $3,364,391 he may as well accept the $3.125 qualifying offer from Holland. No use in changing scenary again for $200,000. I believe he will get offers of $3.5M elsewhere though...we'll see, but thanks for the updated RFA compensation! I copied it so I know the new totals!

Guest Hatethedrake!

My dad's boss has a sister who knows a lesbian named Vulva Snatchwell and she works for Zach Parise's mom in Minnesota. Anyway coming from a well connected lesbian, she swears that Parise will be a Red Wing on July 1st. Take it for what it's worth.

Seriously though, we all want Prust here so lets hope it's true!

My thoughts on the Schultz stuff is this...I don't believe he will choose the Wings. I see the Oilers getting him because of opportunity. If it were me, I would choose Detroit because of the rep of the organization, surrounded by excellent players which would insulate the player so he would not have too much pressure. Cup contender (hopefully depending on how the off season goes). But that's just me. A non lesbian from Ontario who does not know Brendan Prust personally. I am a couple hours from London however.

Anyway lets say Kenny DID sign Justin the Hammer Schultz. He can be be in a wrestling tag team with Brendan the Steamroller Smith. I agree that Quincey would be the odd man out and could likely be dealt for a 2nd round pick. A team like the Oilers would gladly pay that price to add a top 4 dman under the age of 30.

OR perhaps Kenny ammasses all the depth he can an KEEP Quincey and trades Kindl. This would likely mean that Smith, Schultz and Ericsson would be on some kind of rotation. We want Smith (and Schultz if we get him) to be playing every game. So this makes no sense. I could see Suter signed and being paired with White. Ericsson plays with Kronwall. This leaves The Steamroller and The Hammer to be the tag team on the 3rd pair. Would Babs roll with 2 young guys on the same pair? Or does he break up his pairings so that a vet is on each d pair?

Ah I should only think about this if we get Schultz, which I don't think we will. It's nice to at least know Kenny is in on it though.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Ok, right or wrong, its all irrelevant until Suter and Schultz is signed....

In your scenario, Holland signs Suter and Schultz. Where do YOU put Quincey and which defenseman do you get rid of? We cannot have 8 defenders. You are putting him ahead of White/Ericsson. Which one are you getting rid of?

Probably White, not because I like Ericsson or because I think he's a better player, but because I don't think to many teams are gonna be interested in Big E with his inflated cap hit.