• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

So What's Up With Abby & Quincey?

Rate this topic

Well, with the news about Schultz choosing to lose his entire career instead of win multipe Cups. I guess it's Quincey and Suter to round out the top 6 defensemen... Come on Kenny, don't lose out on Suter! 10 years $100 if you have to!

capgeek.com is gonna crash tonight with NEW rosters being created...

EDIT: Gimme Suter/Semin/Doan/Prust/Montoya. Call it...Book the Parade. Screw losers who think they are bigger than the game...

Edited by LeftWinger

I have it on good authority that Brandon Prust will be a Red Wing in 2012-13.

Take that for what it is, coming from a 26 year-old native of London, Ontario.

I can just imagine the smile of joy you gave Leftwinger there. :lol: (I'd LOVE if Prust signed here as well... he's exactly the kind of guy we all wished Abdelkader would become)

I can just imagine the smile of joy you gave Leftwinger there. :lol: (I'd LOVE if Prust signed here as well... he's exactly the kind of guy we all wished Abdelkader would become)

actually I was not one of the ones advocating Prust...would I like him here, sure, but what he wrote didn't give me joy...

I have it on good authority that Brandon Prust will be a Red Wing in 2012-13.

Take that for what it is, coming from a 26 year-old native of London, Ontario.

Im from London Ontario as well an I am same age as Prust. You happen to know him by any chance? Has he stated that he would like to sign a contract with the Wings? Talked to Kenny etc?

Edited by redwingfan19

I thought I knew you man... I thought I knew you.

Oh! I thought you meant something else...Yes, I know two men...Manny's father in law (not that he knows too much anymore, but still gets elite access to the Joe) and my buddy dates (on again off again) Dan Dekeyser's sister. But that's all...

Well, with the news about Schultz choosing to lose his entire career instead of win multipe Cups. I guess it's Quincey and Suter to round out the top 6 defensemen... Come on Kenny, don't lose out on Suter! 10 years $100 if you have to!

capgeek.com is gonna crash tonight with NEW rosters being created...

EDIT: Gimme Suter/Semin/Doan/Prust/Montoya. Call it...Book the Parade. Screw losers who think they are bigger than the game...

Drama Queen, I guess this means your stuck with Quincey. :tounge:

Didn't want to start a new thread...

We know Q is going to arbitration, but what is the hold up on Abdelkader I wonder? Is he looking at offers? Is he waiting for all the dust to settle? I really would hate to lose him, I am looking forward to seeing him team up with Tootoo for some chaos out on the ice...

Didn't want to start a new thread...

We know Q is going to arbitration, but what is the hold up on Abdelkader I wonder? Is he looking at offers? Is he waiting for all the dust to settle? I really would hate to lose him, I am looking forward to seeing him team up with Tootoo for some chaos out on the ice...

All of the Mlive articles mentioning Abby make it seem that a contract is close to being signed.

i was actually just thinking abbys situation as well. there is kind of a log jam up front right now especially in the bottom 6. add in the reports that the wings are interested in semin and/or doan its just hard to imagine where everybody is going to fit. without abb, we have 15 forwards.

bottom 6-

mursak, eaves, miller, emmerton, helm, tootoo, "abs"

could go either-

bert, cleary, sammy, brunner, nyquist

top 6-

datsyuk, zberg, filppula, franzen.

even if we dont sign any top 6 forward(s) and re-sign abs that gives us 16 forwards signed. both nyquist and brunner have the 2-way contracts and in reality could be sent down which would really suck and is something that i really hope doesnt happen but even then, still are at 14 forwards. (14 forwards, 7 d, 2 g)

does this mean emmerton goes? eaves? mursak? signing doan and or semin would improve out top 6.... but then again it seems to make things even more complicated.

maybe abs or miller can play d :) lol

Edited by DangleDangleBeach

Detroit Free Press

"The Wings have been talking to Abdelkader's camp for a while, and the negotiations were going well enough that Abdelkader opted not to file for arbitration by the July 5 deadline, unlike teammate Kyle Quincey. Quincey has a hearing July 25, and while the sides could reach an agreement before then, Quincey would, through arbitration, be assured a one-year deal that would leave him an unrestricted free agent next summer."

I hope both are signed to long term deals shortly.

did i miss something or is abby still not signed? seems like holland with the prospect tournament cancellation and not signing anyone just means hes more than sure hockey isnt going to be played at the joe next year. i can understand his philosophy of not signing anyone until the new cba rolls out but contract extensions too? what ze hell kenny

did i miss something or is abby still not signed? seems like holland with the prospect tournament cancellation and not signing anyone just means hes more than sure hockey isnt going to be played at the joe next year. i can understand his philosophy of not signing anyone until the new cba rolls out but contract extensions too? what ze hell kenny

negotiations are likely already completed with Abs. Kenny is like you said probably just waiting for the new CBA until the signatures are laid.

I can't remember where I read it on Twitter (don't worry, not HockeeyyyyInsiderrrrr) but someone had quoted Abby as saying he expected to sign his new contract next week.

EDIT: I found the actual article from Khan where he adds it as a note

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/08/red_wings_players_not_impresse.html

Edited by GSBrooks13

Guest Johnz96

Wouldn't surprise me if he thinks his 8 goals in 81 games and 0 playoff points is somehow good enough to test free agency for a big money contract.

Tootoo did, with less goals (1 of which came on the PP (an opportunity Abdelkader wasn't afforded) scored with a lot more ice-time (only 3 seconds of which was short-handed)

Edited by Johnz96

Abby is our only guy taller than 6'

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. If not, here's a list of heights on Detroit's website (yes, I know, a lot of guys are "bulked up" by their club)

Forwards:

Justin Abdelkader - 6' 1"

Todd Bertuzzi - 6' 3"

Danny Cleary - 6' 0"

Patrick Eaves - 6' 0"

Cory Emmerton - 6' 0"

Valtteri Filppula - 6' 0"

Johan Franzen - 6' 3"

Drew Miller - 6' 2"

Mikael Samuelsson - 6' 2"

Defensemen:

Jonathan Ericsson - 6' 4"