• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Your top 5 Wings

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

Dats, Hank, Parise, Kron, Suter.

If we get Parise, I think he will have a hard time matching his numbers in New Jersey playing about 3 minutes a game less than he used to there

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Hatethedrake!

If we get Parise, I think he will have a hard time matching his numbers in New Jersey playing about 3 minutes a game less than he used to there

I disagree. Playing with Dats, I see Parise increasing his number with the Wings style of play. I see Parise thriving in the puck possession style. At worst, I see him putting up the same numbers he did in NJ while playing his rock solid 2 way game.

This is like asking you to pick your favorite from your kids.

1) Pasha...never a doubt. My favorite from day one.

2) Patrick Eaves. You might think this a weird pick, but I like his guts and his play on the penalty kill. We missed him so much when he was hurt, I expect to see him back and ready to roll.

3) Drew Miller. The same reasoning as Patrick. I like his play on the penalty kill. He's a good, steady guy on the third/fourth line. And you can never go wrong with guys like that.

4) Ian White. What a find he turned out to be. I like him.

5) Valtteri Filppula. Flip's coming on and I think he's going to be coming out of his shell and surprising people.

Can you tell that with the exception of number one, I kinda favor the underdogs???

Guest Johnz96

I disagree. Playing with Dats, I see Parise increasing his number with the Wings style of play. I see Parise thriving in the puck possession style. At worst, I see him putting up the same numbers he did in NJ while playing his rock solid 2 way game.

Dats is arguably the best hockey player in the world but Kovalchuk, Zajac and Elias aren't slouches

current roseter - Pavel, Kronner, Helm, Nyquist, Bertuzzi

WTF???

This is like asking you to pick your favorite from your kids.

1) Pasha...never a doubt. My favorite from day one.

2) Patrick Eaves. You might think this a weird pick, but I like his guts and his play on the penalty kill. We missed him so much when he was hurt, I expect to see him back and ready to roll.

3) Drew Miller. The same reasoning as Patrick. I like his play on the penalty kill. He's a good, steady guy on the third/fourth line. And you can never go wrong with guys like that.

4) Ian White. What a find he turned out to be. I like him.

5) Valtteri Filppula. Flip's coming on and I think he's going to be coming out of his shell and surprising people.

Can you tell that with the exception of number one, I kinda favor the underdogs???

I think Fil did that in 2011-12 he was listed as the 13th highest scoring center in the league, despite getting less ice-time than 1st line centers (there are 30 of them and 90 first line forwards in the league), less PP time while also being one of the best defensively

I think Fil did that in 2011-12 he was listed as the 13th highest scoring center in the league, despite getting less ice-time than 1st line centers (there are 30 of them and 90 first line forwards in the league), less PP time while also being one of the best defensively

Even though Fil didn't play as a center... wonder what place he'd be as a winger.

Guest Johnz96

Even though Fil didn't play as a center... wonder what place he'd be as a winger.

He is/would have been the 20th highest scoring winger. Considering there are 60 first line wingers in the league. Almost if not all of them get more ice-time, more PP time and aren't as good defensively, yet some people here suggest moving Fil to the 3rd line

Edited by Johnz96

Dats, Hank, Helm, Kronwall, Howard.

Dats because of his magic. Hank and Kronner because of their leadership, plus how special is it to see a player do this. Helm because he finishes every check,

, and decided he was just going to play his heart out to make up for any lack of talent. And Howard because you have to always love your home grown goalies, especially when they're