• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Pens Targeting Suter and Parise

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com...d_wings_69.html

http://www.detroitne...er--Zach-Parise

Apparently Parise and Crosby have ties through school and are friends. If it is true that Parise and Suter want to play together it may be enough to sway them both to Pittsburgh since they are set to be contenders for many years and have a younger core of stars to work with than the Wings.

Edited by Matt

How they're going to extend contracts with Letang, Crosby, Malkin in the future if they sign both top UFAs to a long term deals? They'll face the same problems like Chicago few years ago. Their depth will be significantly affected with having so much talent up front. They could sign one, but not both. I hope Parise won't slap NJ in the face by signing with division rival. At least he said he won't sign with Rangers.

Edited by Kerjuxaxaxa

Word from draft is Parise is going to Pittsburgh and suter is coming to Detroit. I think that is how its going to end. I knew we werent getting Parise for a bit now but didn't see him going to pitts. If its between that and him re-signing i hope lou gets it done today. I know they were sitting with parise today with contract talks. Pittsburgh doesnt even need to push for Parise though, offense is the last of their priority. In reality they should be balls to the wall after suter with us.

Well, if it comes down to that, so be it.

Pittsburgh has a great, young team for years to come and all stars are overshadowed by the biggest one.

Kenny can't count on discounts or capfriendly signings, we have to *outspend* the Pensylvania teams AND darkhorses like Minnesotta.

If Parise goes, that would suck, but I'd rather have Suter. He fills a critical need on our roster and he could give us a leg up next summer if/when Shea Weber becomes a UFA. Spend big on defensemen, sign a few forwards to fill in the holes there. Our style of play is and has always been dictated by the strength of our defense its important that gets built up again fast.

We want Parise, we need Suter!

Suter is the must need key on this team. Looking past our track record since the cap era, Ken Holland would rather invest more $$$ on defense over any offensive player. Parise is amazing player but I wouldn't want to see a player on offense take 8-9 million unless it's a Crosby Malkin Ovechkin Stamkos "Elite" caliber type of player. I rather have a team with a 4 functional line then a team that would have two top lines a not bad 3rd line and a 4th line that's not good.

Don't forget guys, this managers tend to look the long picture over the present one. Holland knows he can't spend all his cap space, there are a lot of future prospects that will eventually become free agents and would want to sign his own players.

If Parise wants to go Pittsburgh go ahead, if he comes to Detroit I hope it's only a 4-5 years for about 6.5 - 7.5 (Cap Hit). If not there are a lot of players that could help us get another cup this year.

1- Shane Doan ... would bring the extra heart & grit. 35 years old, we might be able to get him for a good price and get his services for about 4-5 million for a chance to win a cup.

2- P. A. Parenteau ... young & has a scoring touch ... underrated we might be able to get him for a great steal price.

3- Dennis Wideman ... another defensman with a good scoring touch could be signed for a good deal.

You don't really need the number #1 players all the time to be the number one team!

I hope we sign Suter and this three over ... Suter & Parise alone.

Edited by KrazyGangsta

I really think we need Suter more. If you could guarantee me Suter and Parise to Pitt Id be ok with it. Semin and Suter then maybe a trade for Yandle and Id be super happy bout this offseason. Im not countng any signings for a 4th line center/winger which I really want also

If Parise goes, that would suck, but I'd rather have Suter. He fills a critical need on our roster and he could give us a leg up next summer if/when Shea Weber becomes a UFA. Spend big on defensemen, sign a few forwards to fill in the holes there. Our style of play is and has always been dictated by the strength of our defense its important that gets built up again fast.

before the news that the Wings are apparently signing Brunner, i was on the side that thought our offense was stale and needed a guy like Parise to ramp it up, but after the news came that the leading scorer and right handed speedster was sitting with a pen until July 1st, i think now that signing Suter will definitely be more of a priority than Parise.

I would honestly go with Brunner, Suter and make a push for Garrison if i were Kenny. If not Garrison, then Carle or Wideman. Kindl apparently is going to be the tweener around here like Meech used to be, so may as well get good help when possible. Schultz will most likely sign with Edm or Tor soon cause they can offer him top 4 NHL playtime. Smith is as good, if not a better player like the article said and he had to spend a couple seasons in GR before coming up to the show next season. If you want to play for a contender, you gotta make your way onto the team when training camp hits and outplay the other guys. You have to be a "can't miss" player to walk right on to a team like the Wings at a young age.

I'm sure that more than just the Pens are targeting Suter and Parise. I mean we've all heard there a a bunch of teams out there that want them on their rosters. Can't really see the Pens getting both. Maybe one or the other but not both of them; as someone said on here they'd lose a ton of depth and be in the same boat the Blackhawks were in a couple seasons ago. Detroit is in the running for both of them, I don't see us signing both of them either but to get one would be very helpful. Definetly don't wanna see the Pens get any stronger or anywhere near another Cup. Whatever happens happens I just hope the Wings can get someone in here that can help lead us to another Cup SOON!!

Also I want to add I think we could be one or the few legit contenders for Semin. His shot + Datsyuk will be deasly. They already have great chemistry together. Shot like Semin is what our PP need.

We want Parise, we need Suter!

Suter is the must need key on this team. Looking past our track record since the cap era, Ken Holland would rather invest more $$$ on defense over any offensive player. Parise is amazing player but I wouldn't want to see a player on offense take 8-9 million unless it's a Crosby Malkin Ovechkin Stamkos "Elite" caliber type of player. I rather have a team with a 4 functional line then a team that would have two top lines a not bad 3rd line and a 4th line that's not good.

Don't forget guys, this managers tend to look the long picture over the present one. Holland knows he can't spend all his cap space, there are a lot of future prospects that will eventually become free agents and would want to sign his own players.

If Parise wants to go Pittsburgh go ahead, if he comes to Detroit I hope it's only a 4-5 years for about 6.5 - 7.5 (Cap Hit). If not there are a lot of players that could help us get another cup this year.

You don't really need the number #1 players all the time to be the number one team!

Totally agree. I'd like to see them sign Suter and Ray Whitney or Shane Doan (although I doubt he'll ever leave that franchise). Or trade for Jarome Iginla. He's a $7 mil player now, but in the final year of his contract and at 35, he'll probably make less after when that deal expires. I also wonder if it would be a good idea to throw an offer sheet at Weber, IF we get Suter. At the very least it would scare the crap out of Nashville. lol

Guest Hatethedrake!

I think that Semin is Kenny's Plan B option if he can't sign Parise. I'd like to sign both but that will likely not happen. My wishlist includes Parise, Suter, Prust and Montoya.

One thing I don't understand.If the Pens are such a desirable team to play for with Crosby,Malkin...etc. why didn't Max Talbot take a home discount and stay and not run to Philly ?

Edited by pucktividi

Guest Hatethedrake!

One thing I don't understand.If the Pens are such a desirable team to play for with Crosby,Malkin...etc. why didn't Max Talbot take a home discount and stay and not run to Philly ?

I think Talbot and his boyfriend Marc Andre Fleury had a falling out. Actually, I think the Flyers offered Talbot more money and an extra year on the contract.

This is rubbish. Parise and Crosby went to the same school but they were there at different times and never played together.

We can out spend the Pens.

Not if they trade Paul Martin and his $5 million contract which they are trying to do. That will give them more money than the Wings. I don't like it at all but Pittsburgh may be a more desirable place to play given the age of their key players.

Here is a question...Every article I read it says Pit now has $14M in cap space....as does capgeek.com. Great, super, but when the Wings are referred to the amount is never constant. These two articles are a perfect example, one says the Wings have $20M and the other says $19M....yet capgeek says $24M....WTF!?! If we are going to use PIt's available amount from capgeek, then lets use it for Detroit too. $24M look WAAAY more appealing than $19M, even though it is still more than PIt, I sure would like these reporters to paint Detroit's picture in the actual light it is in, not a grimmer one...

...carry on, back to subject. Suter to Detroit is MORE important than both to Detroit...

Here is a question...Every article I read it says Pit now has $14M in cap space....as does capgeek.com. Great, super, but when the Wings are referred to the amount is never constant. These two articles are a perfect example, one says the Wings have $20M and the other says $19M....yet capgeek says $24M....WTF!?!

I believe that the lower $19/20-million figure written about is what is assumed to be left over once the Red Wings re-sign Abdelkader and Quincey. Which makes sense.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Notice how Kenny and Co. have been very quiet. Pretty much status quo on draft day. In the past, the Wings have been quiet and then BANG! Sign Rafalski! Sign Hossa! Sign Hatcher! Trade for Hasek! Sign Hull! Reading in between the lines here, I believe Kenny is very confident in hitting his UFA targets in Parise and Suter. I mean if he believes he can get both these guys then why would he waste his time giving up his valuable assets for Ryan or Yandle in trades? I believe the SS Kenny is still going full steam ahead. All aboard the PARISE-SUTER BOAT!

Some people here are seriously undervaluing Parise. The guy's a stud, a workhorse. Semin is one of the laziest players I have ever seen, and Brunner - Brunner? Seriously?

As for the topic at hand - I don't see the Pens getting either of them, honestly. But I've been wrong before....