• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Pens Targeting Suter and Parise

Rate this topic

intersenting article about ryan suter in the tennessean yesterday:

Predators General Manager David Poile

talked to pending unrestricted free agent defenseman Ryan Suter on the phone earlier this week. And according to Poile, Suter’s stance still hasn’t changed. He’s highly likely to go to July 1.

But Poile believes that Suter will circle back to talk with the Predators after he sees what’s out there. It’s unclear if he has received any concrete assurances on this, but you have to think he has gotten some indication from Suter’s camp that he will at least hear from the All-Star before he makes his decision.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predators/2012/06/28/suter-could-circle-back/

Indications point to Suter not going to want to go East, so I doubt Pittsburgh is really a final destination spot for him, unless they're able to offer him considerably more than Detroit or any other team.

Minnesota could be a dark horse if they could land Suter AND Parise. They'd get to play together and Minnesota pursuing both could convince them that Minnesota was serious about becoming a playoff team.

Ryan Suter may wait until after July 1 to make his decision in free agency.

Jun 29, 2012 - [/color]Defenseman Ryan Suter is one of the big time unrestricted free agents set to hit the market on Sunday, but he may keep the hockey world waiting on his ultimate decision.According to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, the Nashville Predators defenseman could wait beyond July 1 to announce his decision, and he won't meet with teams on the day free agency opens.]

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/6/29/3126831/ryan-suter-nhl-free-agency-2012

Ryan Suter may wait until after July 1 to make his decision in free agency.

http://www.sbnation....ree-agency-2012

How stupid....it aint a hard decision....everyone is gonna offer you $7M-$9M dollars average, you just have to decide which offer to take....I know you don't want to make the wrong decision, but you just got to look at what's better for you. In Detroit you will be #1 on the Blueline, make just as much money here than there, you have superstars to play with here (none with noodles for brains) and you have a more consistent winning tradition and playoff appearances...The better coach, the better goalie, he is your Team USA teammate as well, the better owner...hindsight is always 20/20 but don't hols up anyone, because whichever team you go to, the others want to go on to plan B and if you delay then those plan B's will be gone....don't hold up either team, make a decision July 1st so the other's can move on....

I for one will be PISSED if Suter decides to wait a few days as the Garrison's get swooped up (not that he is a replacement for Suter, but is a backup plan) and then he chooses a different team leaving us with Quincey and Kindl to round out the top 6....HIGHLY PISSED!

We can offer Parise what Pittsburgh reportedly offered him. Holland just needs to find an angle to show Detroit would be a better fit for him.

Collection of "highlights" from the Pens' meltdown against the Flyers FTW.

MAF's brilliance alone should do the trick.

Well then if Holland is serious, he'll just have to up that to $8M-$9M....longer contract...front loaded so he is making $10M-$11M a year for over half the contract... What Mr.I wants, Mr.I gets....all he has to do is feel slighted by Shero and the Pit owner and "Badaboom!" Parise will be his....along with Suter.

IMO, though I could care less if Parise does not come here. Suter is more important, then Holland can focus on the Doan's around the league... besides if Holland lands Nash, we'll be saying Parise? Parcheesee? Pepperoni? Pimples? Who?

BTW, it's nice that an "offer" leaked out, can anyone say tampering?

Edited by LeftWinger

Oh, come on.

I didn't say I could care less either way...I would love him to be here, but if he doesn't then so be it. What can I do? If Holland can pull off a Nash blockbuster that would be even better IMO, or just as impactfull. Even if he doesn't, he could use some of that cash to entice Shane Doan here...or similar. They may even fit better with the players we have....there is only one Zach Parise, but he may not be the one to put us over....put it this way, if we land him and lose out on Suter I will be more upset than if it were opposite...tons more!

Guest Heaten

I don't see Holland 'waiting around' for Suter to make a decision only to find all the "plan Bs" are signed somewhere else and Suter decides to re-sign with Nashville, leaving us with $20+ million and no players.

If the reports are true, Suter isn't going to be wearing the Red Wings jersey next year.

Edited by Heaten

I'd be much happier seeing Holland trade for Bouwmeester and/or Yandle than overpay Suter. The free agent market is thin on defense, but we're lucky that their just happens to be a couple good d-men out there with affordable contracts dangling out there for trade.

I'd be much happier seeing Holland trade for Bouwmeester and/or Yandle than overpay Suter. The free agent market is thin on defense, but we're lucky that their just happens to be a couple good d-men out there with affordable contracts dangling out there for trade.

Really? Hes getting 6.6 million and has not been even worth half that since he joined the Flames.

P.S.

Jimmy D just said on FAN590 the Wings plan to spend to the salary cap, so I am abit comforted.

Edited by Shaman464

I think the fact that Illitch and Chelios went to visit Suter and not Holland indicates he's likely to sign with us. If Holland has directed his attention at Parise, even though our #1 need is a defenseman, I'd say Holland is confident Suter is already in the bag. Suter will dutifully hear out all the pitches from all the teams, take a few days, and make a decision by mid-week I bet.

I am a little worried by Holland thinking Parise is the harder nut to crack, though. Hopefully he can snag him, too.

Pens are after Prust...

http://spectorshockey.net/blog/nhl-free-agent-and-trade-rumors-part-one-july-1-2012/

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/30/devils-could-be-left-with-whopping-five-hole

"Pittsburgh, a team bumped around by the Rangers’ Brandon Prust, has some interest in him"

Yandle would be perfect fit... but I say no to Bouwmeester (only because of his contract)...

TSN is reporting that Parise is seeking a 12 million dollar SIGNING BONUS, with an ADDITIONAL 12 million bonus One Year from now. So that would be plus/minus 30 million in one year on one player? If that is true, NO THANK YOU.