• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#61 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Parise or not...I have a feeling Semin will be here. It'd be nice if they signed all four Suter/Parise/Semin/Schultz. I am wavering from my dream roster until they are not available anymore, but even with Parise and Semin up front and Suter and Schultz in back, the Wings are tons better than last year, offense and defense....

I too don't think they would be able to afford them, not unless they took major discounts...even over on that pens forum a lot of folks were saying that they hope that Shero doesn't pay them too much...a few also seem to think Parise to them, Suter to us which would be fine with me....there are nice plan b options for offense out there. I am still not counting out Doan until he is re-signed in Phoenix or somewhere else. Honestly I think Pit would benefit from Doan too...

While I agree with you that the Wings would be better offensively, defensively they'd take a hit....atleast in the short term. Suter & Schultz are not greater than Lidstrom and Stuart at this moment in each of their respective careers.

That doesn't mean they're not paramount to the Wings' needs right now.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#62 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

Not if they trade Paul Martin and his $5 million contract which they are trying to do. That will give them more money than the Wings. I don't like it at all but Pittsburgh may be a more desirable place to play given the age of their key players.

Actually, no. The Wings would still have more. And also that creates another open hole in the Pens roster and they already have twice as many players to sign than the Wings.

It's really not that feasible for the Pens to do this unless they want to lose Crosby in a couple seasons.
Posted Image

#63 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

In Detroit, you do NOT wear powder blue jerseys.

Nope, only fans do.
Posted Image

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Referees

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#64 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:38 AM

I can see Detroit signing Suter to a nice long contract but I don't see Parise coming here and I'm fine with that. I honestly would rather have Kane than Parise

#65 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

I can see Detroit signing Suter to a nice long contract but I don't see Parise coming here and I'm fine with that. I honestly would rather have Kane than Parise

I hope you mean Evander :lol:

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#66 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

I would take Parise over Patrick Kane and Evander Kane.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#67 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

Nope, only fans do.
Posted Image

:no:
stop that!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#68 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

Man, that jersey is FUGLY. :crazy:
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#69 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

It's not that bad. I got one as a gift about 10 years ago, and I have worn it a couple of times. Just not to anywhere where real hockey fans would be likely to show up. :)
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#70 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

100% agree with you, but I was more stating that I'm not horribly disappointed if we are only able to get Suter and not Parise assuming Brunner ink's the contract. Parise to me is a very desired player to be on the Wings. See sig below. I have a nice menu of players i'd like to see here and Parise is #2 on that list now behind only Suter. I'm trying to not be too greedy and have unrealistic expectations from Kenny. As much as i'd like to see Suter, Parise, Brunner, Prust and Garrison sign here and have Semin, Radulov, Hudler and Franzen play on the same KHL team, not all of those are gonna happen. If we even get Parise and Suter i'll poop my pants and then Brunner is the icing on the cake.

No problem, I gotcha. I'm just saying...Brunner's an NHL virgin, not even guaranteed to make the roster. So, that we've landed him doesn't have me breathing any easier re: us quite possibly losing the Parise sweepstakes.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#71 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

We want Parise, we need Suter!

Suter only makes Parise look like a want in the same way that a bullet in the face makes curing your lung cancer a want. We NEED both.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#72 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

Nope, only fans do.
Posted Image

I somewhat reluctantly admit to owning one of these, as well as a gray one, and I have never worn either of them in public, I don't even know what possessed me to buy then in the first place. My black one, however, is the only jersey that I own that still fits me.

Back on topic, I agree with what some have said regarding Pittsburgh being a slightly more desirable destination than Detroit for free agents, however the fact that we have fewer players to re-sign with more money gives us an edge. If there is any truth to the rumor that they want to play together, it gives even more of an edge, as we can afford them both without having to count on a bottom-dweller taking an albatross of a contract off our hands. All things being equal, I still feel confident that we will sign at least one of them, but the fact that Pittsburgh is publicly talking about being interested is enough to make my stomach churn.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#73 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Brandon Prust ($2.000m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.750m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)
Ian White ($2.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Al Montoya ($1.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,083,712; BONUSES: $37,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,216,288

You stole my red text idea, you son of a *****.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#74 ozone923

ozone923

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

Oh no you dit'nt.

Posted Image

#75 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

Oh no you dit'nt.

Posted Image

Evander

#76 ozone923

ozone923

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

Evander

Hahaha fantastic. I'm glad that was quoted so we got to see that dumb fcker twice. Too funny.

#77 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Oh no you dit'nt.

Posted Image

Three times to say this: holy s***, I think I know that girl.

Posted Image

#78 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Jason Brough Jun 25, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT [/URL

Ryan Suter (D)
2011-12 cap hit: $3.5 million

The skinny:
Detroit, Minnesota and Pittsburgh are probably the three favorite landing spots. It’s still possible Suter could end up back in Nashville, though most believe he’s ready to move on. We probably shouldn’t count out Philadelphia either, despite one report he’s not interested in becoming a Flyer and wants to play in the Midwest.

Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec [URL="https://twitter.com/...916454401"]2:32 PM - 28 Jun 12

The Ryan Suter pursuit will not require teams' attendance, like the [Justin] Schultz interviews, says agent Neil Sheehy. "Ryan will be at his farm in Wisconsin with his phone on. I'll be here in Minnesota."

From HFB.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#79 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Only a few more days. IMO it would hurt the Pens long-term to pursue both players,

Edited by WorkingOvertime, 28 June 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#80 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

intersenting article about ryan suter in the tennessean yesterday:

Predators General Manager David Poile

talked to pending unrestricted free agent defenseman Ryan Suter on the phone earlier this week. And according to Poile, Suter’s stance still hasn’t changed. He’s highly likely to go to July 1.

But Poile believes that Suter will circle back to talk with the Predators after he sees what’s out there. It’s unclear if he has received any concrete assurances on this, but you have to think he has gotten some indication from Suter’s camp that he will at least hear from the All-Star before he makes his decision.

http://blogs.tenness...ld-circle-back/