• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wing Across The Pond

Garth Snow...

Rate this topic

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but apparently Garth Snow offered all of this years picks at the draft for 2nd overall from the Blue Jackets.

http://prohockeytalk..._medium=twitter

I seem to agree with most of the Twitterverse on this one. Snow is the second biggest idiot in hockey for offering this. Scott Howson is first for reportedly turning it down. Not to mention bad form for leaking it to the press but I guess he just couldn't believe it was really happening

This seems so beyond ridiculous I feel like the thread belongs in the trade rumor section. If true, they're both absolute idiots. Does Snow truly believe moving up two picks in the first is worth every other pick he has? If so, Howson deserves to be fired for turning it down. As for Snow, he just continues to make the Islanders the laughing stock of the NHL.

Bottom line, two dumb GM's making each other look dumber.

This isn't a rumor; it is infact true. Here is another link to verify it: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/19419379/report-blue-jackets-turned-down-islanders-entire-draft-for-no-2-pick

What a hefty price to move up two spots in the draft. If I was an Islanders fan and Howson accepted this, I think I would want Snow to be beheaded. That is just absurd. I don't see Snow's logic in jumping two spots... Defensive heavy draft... There was tons of talent.

That deal would have totally worked in NHL 12..

This deal would have worked on every other team. Who the hell would reject a trade like that? Maybe the Islanders are looking to pick a few Red Wing players for their 2013 picks?

This rumour's one of those things that's coming from too many different sources at the same time to be completely false. If it's true I'm pretty shocked the Blue Jackets didn't bite. Surely the drop in talent from Murray to Reinheart can't be big enough to justify not taking another 6 draft picks as compensation for the slide. On the other side of the fence: this must mean Snow was 100% convinced Murray would be a bonefide perenial all-star... losing an entire year of 2nd to 7th round prospects just to bump up two spots seems pretty absurd. Just imagine how that'd decimate their organizational depth five years down the road...

Guest Hatethedrake!

This reminds me of the Ricky Williams trade years ago by Mike Ditka. I know the Isles have stockpiled picks in recent years and have a boatload of prospects in their organization but this would have been stupid to do. Thankfully for them, Howson turned it down.

Garth Snow is the best GM in all of sports. Look how successful the Isles are and how certain their future is on Long Island.....though his pads were not within regulation.

This seems so beyond ridiculous I feel like the thread belongs in the trade rumor section. If true, they're both absolute idiots. Does Snow truly believe moving up two picks in the first is worth every other pick he has? If so, Howson deserves to be fired for turning it down. As for Snow, he just continues to make the Islanders the laughing stock of the NHL.

Bottom line, two dumb GM's making each other look dumber.

Snow wanted to draft Murray and call it quits for the draft. Untuck his shirt, take off his tie, crack a beer and put his feet up. And Chuck Wang should be the GM if he's gonna poke his nose in everything and make rash idiot decisions to keep the Isles in the news.

This isn't a rumor; it is infact true. Here is another link to verify it: http://www.cbssports...t-for-no-2-pick

What a hefty price to move up two spots in the draft. If I was an Islanders fan and Howson accepted this, I think I would want Snow to be beheaded. That is just absurd. I don't see Snow's logic in jumping two spots... Defensive heavy draft... There was tons of talent.

Multiple unnamed sources =/= confirmation!

If Howson is honest enough with himself about the quality of his development program then maybe this was the right move. Think about it, if you KNOW for a fact that you absolutely blow at developing talent, then why make a move that gives you more players in need of more development? Typically, the first and second picks can walk directly onto an NHL team and play without any development whatsoever. I'm not suggesting Howson is a good GM or anything, but if you know you can't help guys reach their potential, then you'd be foolish to draft on potential.

Multiple unnamed sources =/= confirmation!

CBS is pretty reliable. It's been one of my go to sites for the past 6-8 years or so. If there isn't much truth to something then they don't post it. I've never gotten false information from them.

CBS is pretty reliable. It's been one of my go to sites for the past 6-8 years or so. If there isn't much truth to something then they don't post it. I've never gotten false information from them.

Again, they're reporting that they heard from sources, they aren't reporting it as fact. I'm inclined to agree that the proposed trade was probably offered but it's still worth noting that nothing has been officially confirmed.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Maybe the Isles thought Yakupov would slide to #2 and then they would trade for the pick and draft him. I can't see them being THAT excited for Murray.

This rumour's one of those things that's coming from too many different sources at the same time to be completely false. If it's true I'm pretty shocked the Blue Jackets didn't bite. Surely the drop in talent from Murray to Reinheart can't be big enough to justify not taking another 6 draft picks as compensation for the slide. On the other side of the fence: this must mean Snow was 100% convinced Murray would be a bonefide perenial all-star... losing an entire year of 2nd to 7th round prospects just to bump up two spots seems pretty absurd. Just imagine how that'd decimate their organizational depth five years down the road...

With the s*** job Snow has done for the Isles, he's gotta be thinking he'll be gone in 5 years anyway, so what the hell. The problem is, his offer was still beyond ridiculous and just plain stupid...even in the short-term. What an idiot.