• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Jeff Blashill Named Grand Rapids Griffins Head Coach

Rate this topic

Tim,

I already responded to this when it was posted in General Discussion. Let me give you my take as a Griffins season ticket holder and fan of the team.

The Griffins really have not played to their potential. Yes, I think Fraser was a good coach, but there was just something missing from the day to day games. Some games you watch the Griffins and they were unstoppable. Other days, it looked like my rec team could beat them. Blashill getting the job in Grand Rapids was a great move. The Griffins needed a figure quickly. Blashill has had great success coaching at the college level. This really was a no brainer for the Wings and Griffins organization. Some people called it a demotion. I choose to look at it as a lateral move.

I hope this coaching change will be what really lights a fire under the Griffins. We haven't seen a playoff team in a few years. It would be nice to see the Griffins actually make the playoffs for a change. With the talent in Grand Rapids, they should be able to achieve that.