Rate this topic

http://blogs.denverp...ng-offer/10891/

24 yrs old

From Michigan

6 2"

RH shot

Plays right wing or centre

Former No. 8 overall

Avalanche have not qualified him and he will become a UFA. Injury issues the last few years.

Would you guys consider this guy to be a perfect fit for what we need? I would LOVE this guy at 3rd line centre and move helm down to the 4th. This would provide 3 scoring lines. OR he could be a backup if we don't land Parise or Semin (we might not want him).

Thoughts?

Idk...he's got some serious concussion issues and his play is rather inconsistent when he is on the ice...depends on the price. What kind of money does everyone think he will get/want?

considering he has injury issues and is from michigan I be holland could get a good deal on him. 3.5mill or under short term and I would be okay. Let him earn bigger money by proving he can stay healthy.

thread is called a "backup backup option." If holland can't make deals that make the team better would you consider this? I wouldn't want another veteran coming in and getting stale.

Honestly, I would rather just promote Tatar or see whats out there in FA. Maybe see if he will sign a 2-way and let him try to work himself onto the NHL roster.

Eklund must read this site:

Hockey Buzz Eklund@Eklund

Peter Mueller was not qualified by the Avalanche so he enters the UFA markets…the perfect player who Detroit could grab and turn around.

Well if Ekland is mentioning it....there's no chance in hell it will ever happen. I would much rather see what some of the youngsters in GR could do on the big club instead.

I mentioned this yesterday in another thread. I feel that with a cheap, 1 year contract we could give this guy a chance. He has the potential, but has had terrible luck with injuries. If he can stay healthy, we can potentially get him back to his 50+ point seasons.

24 yrs old

From Michigan

6 2"

RH shot

Former No. 8 overall

Avalanche have not qualified him and he will become a UFA. Injury issues the last few years.

Would you guys consider this guy to be a perfect fit for what we need? I would LOVE this guy at 3rd line centre and move helm down to the 4th. This would provide 3 scoring lines. OR he could be a backup if we don't land Parise or Semin (we might not want him).

Thoughts?

Helm deserves 3rd line minutes and there would be no reason at all to move him to the 4th and get less minutes..if anything he should play more not less.

I would take Mueller in a heartbeat.... The kid is very good, and highly skilled. He has just had bad luck with injuries, but he is still young and I'm sure we could pick him up without breaking the bank, obviously. Of course, I mean this as a move if we cannot obtain Parise, Semin, or Ryan via trade.

Guest Johnz96

24 yrs old

From Michigan

6 2"

RH shot

Former No. 8 overall

Thoughts?

Definitely

I have always loved this kid and have watched him with interest. He is a very talented player who needs a big dose of confidence, to stay healthy and some role models. I would love to have him in a Wings jersey....he could flourish here!

He could be a nice piece to have...young and big. Miller and Eaves aren't gonna be around forever...I dont even know is Eaves is gonna be healthy this year or not....he could be a nice depth pickup! I would't hate it! He wouldn't replace Parise, but a 3rd/4th line grinder with some scoring touch? Yes!

Edited by LeftWinger

Well if Ekland is mentioning it....there's no chance in hell it will ever happen. I would much rather see what some of the youngsters in GR could do on the big club instead.

I understand your sentiment, but nyquist and smith up as rookies is all we can pretty much afford at this point without losing the experience we have. Mueller is an nhl proven player. I'd rather have him (who is young) than rush our prospects a year early. If we were talking about signing an old veteran for a 2 yr deal i'd lose my cool and get very angry. This kid could replace Cleary or Bert next season easily and still have room to promote youngsters next year.

He could be a nice piece to have...young and big. Miller and Eaves aren't gonna be around forever...I dont even know is Eaves is gonna be healthy this year or not....he could be a nice depth pickup! I would't hate it! He wouldn't replace Parise, but a 3rd/4th line grinder with some scoring touch? Yes!

I wouldn't call him a girder - due to his skill. I'd say he would be a great fit on a third line with some skill. Such as Nyquist - Mueller - Bertuzzi or something like that (a line that can score).

Everyone is saying that we need a better 4th line centre. Helm can do that the best. We would have the top centre corps in the league likely. And I wouldn't consider a 4th line with the likes of Helm to be a "4th line." I'd call it a 3b line.

Pass on him too many health issuses. We've had enough of those dont need to throw another burning stick in the fire tbh. I'm sure the injury bug will be on us again this year. Last few years have been awful for us with injuries....

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

I think Mueller would be a great pick-up regardless of whether we get Parise/Semin.

I like the idea of having 3 scoring lines and 1 checking line, he would boost the skill of our third line considerably and can be used on the 2nd powerplay unit, giving it a much needed RH shot as well.

I agree with everyone on the length of contract though, with his injury concerns I wouldn't want him signed long term unless the cap hit was tiny.