• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Shane Doan to test free agency

Rate this topic

Hmmm, this is really interesting. Maybe after years of watching his team have zero impact in the playoffs he's ready to see if he can't get that cup somewhere. I'll be anxious to see how this one plays out.

Edited by kipwinger

I would love to have Doan on this team.

Agreed. I think in the wings top 6 he coudl still put up about 60 points and 25 goals. Hes a righty so he would see PP time no doubt. He also provides that awesome physical presence the wings top 6 has lacked since Shanny. A little of a Dallas Drake feel to him come playoff time cause you know he would be going balls out all the time and can be a game changer in a variety of ways.

I really hope the wings can land him

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions

Shane Doan is an interesting UFA..would not be surprised if #Flames made a pitch now that he is testing Free Agency out.

Whilst Calgary is the sort of team I could see Doan heading to, it makes no sense as all rumours suggest they're trying to ship Iginla who's essentially the same player. Not to mention he's obviously sick of being close (reaching the playoffs) without any chance whatsoever of winning a cup. Calgary is a bust. Just my thoughts on that entirely biased and lazy tweet from a Calgary reporter.

Perhaps with Staal leaving a hole in PIT he could head to the east for some more money but would he be willing to take 3rd line responsibilities? I for one, have no idea where he, or indeed anyone, is going this offseason. That being said, however, imagine for a moment if Ken Holland somehow managed what everyone in Detroit wants (Suter, Parise, Schultz), then takes on Doan as well? Highly unlikely but imagine?

Whilst Calgary is the sort of team I could see Doan heading to, it makes no sense as all rumours suggest they're trying to ship Iginla who's essentially the same player. Not to mention he's obviously sick of being close (reaching the playoffs) without any chance whatsoever of winning a cup. Calgary is a bust. Just my thoughts on that entirely biased and lazy tweet from a Calgary reporter.

Perhaps with Staal leaving a hole in PIT he could head to the east for some more money but would he be willing to take 3rd line responsibilities? I for one, have no idea where he, or indeed anyone, is going this offseason. That being said, however, imagine for a moment if Ken Holland somehow managed what everyone in Detroit wants (Suter, Parise, Schultz), then takes on Doan as well? Highly unlikely but imagine?

Ship out Hulder and bring in Jagr too. :)

Could you imagine the hunger and intensity a team consisting of Doan, Parise, and Helm would possess? Hell I would love to see those three on a line together just to witness the chaos.

That would be a playoff line! Imagine that to open first game of the playoffs at The Joe? Man that place would be rocking. They'd probably never go together again but just to set the tone!

I can dream, but realistically, I see maybe two or three UFA's coming here. Suter being TOP TIP TOP priority followed by offense. Now if somehow, Holland pulled Parise and Doan out of his hat, then yikes! The difference is, this year, Holland has the money...all we need is for that first UFA to fall into place and as long as Holland has the money left, the other just may follow! With every quality UFA that sings here, other's take notice and would love to join them for a run at it! That was part of the draw before, we had Stevie, Shanny, Fedorov, Lidstrom, Chelios...other players wanted to play with those guys and came here and usually for less than market value...all it takes is Suter to sign and then others will take notice. You need that one UFA to attract the others....just like Pudge did for the Tigers...and it hasn't stopped since... Let's Go Kenny! Let's Go Wings!

Suter/Parise/Doan/Schultz! Why Not!

Dream until the dream is over!

Guest Hatethedrake!

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($4.500m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Brandon Prust ($1.750m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.500m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m)

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Justin Schultz ($2.750m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Al Montoya ($1.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,033,712; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $266,288

doan jumps to number 2 on my most wanted forwards list behind parise. he is exactly what the wings need. physical, shoots right handed, and will get you 20 goals and 50 points. plus, he will have that drive and hunger to finally get his name on the stanley cup.

i wish shane doan came here , ive wanted doan and chris neil here for the longest of time just have this feeling doan doesnt like the redwings for some reason

2 yrs at 4.5 and 3.5 2nd season for a 4 mill cap hit

thats as high as i would go hes gonna be 36 in october

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

If Doan does in deed leave the Yotes he will pick a team that he has the most chance of getting a cup before he retires. I would be really surprised to see him sign until all the July 1st dust has settled and he can make his choice then. He is exactly what the Wings need. He is a great guy that wears his heart on his sleeve and plays at 120% every night.

Until I see some big names "actually" signed, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Right now, I expect an offseason much like last year's for us. True, there's better players available this year, but also more teams to compete for them.