• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Shane Doan to test free agency

Rate this topic

I've always had the sort of love/hate thing with Doan watching him play. He plays on the edge, and often over it. But the guy's a competitor and has strapped his team on his back time and time again in the playoffs. That's hard not to like.

I have to say though, I lost respect for him not for his antics in the handshake line with LA, but his whining in the lockerroom about the officials being against the Coyotes. He sounded like a bitter fan, not the captain. I have a feeling Tippet used an "everybody is against us" mentality to motivate his team, but it might have created an air of victimhood too.

It's one thing for Smith, who's just another insane goalie, but I was just surprised to hear Doan say things like that.

I think if givin a chance Doan would take those comments back in a heart beat. I would take a player that gives a s*** over one that isnt interested in the regular season 10 times out of 10.

CAPGEEK.COM BLUE ADAMS GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($5.000m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Shane Doan ($5.000m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Damien Brunner ($1.000m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Justin Schultz ($3.800m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,883,712; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,416,288

Actually Blue, I like this lineup except I would still try for a healthier back-up....let's give Montoya a try! Although I heard thru the twitter-vine that Holland likes Monster or Clemmenson as back-up...

I think if givin a chance Doan would take those comments back in a heart beat. I would take a player that gives a s*** over one that isnt interested in the regular season 10 times out of 10.

That's the thing, Doan is absolutely a competitor. It's what makes him play on and sometimes over the edge.

His comments showed a surprising lack of maturity, but I'd still take him on the Wings in a heartbeat.

That's the thing, Doan is absolutely a competitor. It's what makes him play on and sometimes over the edge.

His comments showed a surprising lack of maturity, but I'd still take him on the Wings in a heartbeat.

I cut him some slack on the comments. Yes, he wasn't a gracious loser, but I think we all say things like that when no one is listening. It was the playoffs. He probably forgot that people outside of the Phoenix area listen to hockey players during the playoffs.

The way he plays, I'd love him here.

Doan/Semin/Suter/Prust/Garrison....they are all still out there...they want Stanley...WE want Stanley...it's like the stars are aligned!

Agreed, as long as we can convince a few of them that we can make a run. However, realistically I'd be happy with 2 or 3 of those names joining the squad.