• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
steveyzermanfan19

Parise Likely Out. Next Options

Rate this topic

After reading multiple sources' opinions I have come to the conclusion that most likely Parise will be a Devil next season.

NJ.COM: Rich Chere reports Devils captain Zach Parise said first and foremost he wants to re-sign, and wouldn’t rule out returning to the Devils if he become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. Chere suggests it’s possible Parise could command offers between $9-$10 million per season on the open market.
Parise on@NHLHomeIce "Met with my agent and we're going to continue today. Still talking to Lou & were going to try & get that worked out."
@JoshRimerHockey Parise on Oates hiring, "He will do a great job there. It is a big loss for us...

In an interview on NHL Home Ice, Parise refers to Adam Oates' relocation as hurting ¨us¨ meaning ¨him¨ on the Devils next year and the future.

I wouldn't want to sign him at the 9-10 million $ salary he seeks anyways, but I look at it as a slight problem for the Wings. Before reading the quotes above (see above) I figured that with Parise testing the market fully, other teams like the Rangers, Penguins, etc. would jump at this opportunity while we focus on better options suitable for our current situation and go after players like Semin who will be at discount because of his worst season as a Capital last year.

I always assumed Parise would re-sign with the Devils so I wasn't worried, but happy that he would take attention away from players the Wings could steal. Now that he is expressing that he wants to play in New Jersey and calling the Devils ¨us¨, it creates a less hostile environment for teams trying to pursue him. Teams are realizing the fact that Parise is probably not the best option to throw all their chips in.

I am looking at players like Semin, Schultz, Suter. Let´s say Kenny signs Suter and Schultz in a package kind of deal. Where Kenny entices Suter with playing with a young gun in Schultz and entices Schultz with playing along a proven defender in Suter. We can sign Semin for 4-5 million (given he can receive more elsewhere, but likes the idea of playing with Datsyuk), sign Suter for his 7 million, and get Schultz for his entry 925,000$ contract.

Being realistic I do not believe it´s even 60% possible that Kenny will be able to pull this off, but this is in my perfect world. Hell, let´s pull a Miami Heat and sign Parise Suter Semin and Schultz. Use the pitch that look what Miami has done, imagine what we all could do kind of thing. (I wish)

What do you all think?

Edited by Matt

It's definitely possible he stays with the Devils, but the fact that he's even making it to July 1st is a good sign for us.

I am guessing the only reason he is making it to July 1st is to see what he´s worth. I´m guessing Lou is trying right now to sign him at 7-8 million justifiably because NJ Devils are bankrupt. I say that because if NJ wasn´t struggling with money than Parise would be given 20 million to stay (exaggeration). They love him there as he´s a loyal hard working player.

$10 mil is ridiculous and the media's garbage speculation on every salary could be in part a reason of the increase of people's salaries that should be multiple million less. Parise is $7 mil, 7.5 max and that's from a huge fan of him.

While I agree with you on he´s a 7-7.5 million $ player, I also think that Parise would command 9-10 million $ salary on the ¨open market¨ because he would need that money to convince him to leave HIS team in NJ. This is probably hard for him.

$10 mil? How many Art Ross and Hart trophies has he won? Ridiculous. If he signs for that anywhere, that will kill whomever salary cap situation and make the team terrible. Which is why he won't sign for that. Just last year Brad Richards signed for less than $7 mil and he puts up a lot more points than Parise. He should be a $7-7.5 mil a year guy. Anything more is over payment and that franchise is screwing themselves.

With Parise´s comments about him going back to NJ I cringed because I want him to distract some teams while we go for trades or signings. In example: Bobby Ryan, Semin, Suter.

If we could sign Semin and somehow trade for Ryan that would make me feel all warm and tingly inside..two right handed goal scorers. Let the mind games being, Parise is saying all the right things..there is no way he gets more then 8 mill.

If we could sign Semin and somehow trade for Ryan that would make me feel all warm and tingly inside..two right handed goal scorers. Let the mind games being, Parise is saying all the right things..there is no way he gets more then 8 mill.

I know I said I want Ryan on our roster, but living in Southern California, I´ve seen Bobby multiple times and I think he´s more interested in the glamor then the game. Watching him from behind the Ducks bench I´ve seen multiple temper tantrums. Whether it´s obvious towards the coach or another player, he sure throws a hissy fit. Then comes his attitude towards his name being thrown in rumors. I just feel like he´s kind of a head-case.

I know I said I want Ryan on our roster, but living in Southern California, I´ve seen Bobby multiple times and I think he´s more interested in the glamor then the game. Watching him from behind the Ducks bench I´ve seen multiple temper tantrums. Whether it´s obvious towards the coach or another player, he sure throws a hissy fit. Then comes his attitude towards his name being thrown in rumors. I just feel like he´s kind of a head-case.

Yeah, or, you know...maybe it's because he plays for the Ducks.

No way I even call for 10 million. I still want Semin and Suter to be honest. I'd love to have Parise but I feel like well end up with a long drawn out process and come up empty handed.

I get the mentality of some of you with his price tag, but I wish this bad nightmare of Semin would just go away. We don't need another lazy floater.

However, I would love for Doan to play for the Wings. If we can't get Parise there are some interesting second tier combos that will give us some well rounded depth but not the natural firepower we need.

I get the mentality of some of you with his price tag, but I wish this bad nightmare of Semin would just go away. We don't need another lazy floater.

However, I would love for Doan to play for the Wings. If we can't get Parise there are some interesting second tier combos that will give us some well rounded depth but not the natural firepower we need.

This team doesn't need to get older, better to get younger and take a chance on Semin.

I've spoken to a few Caps fans, and they personally think the whole "is a lazy floater" thing is overblown. Ovechkin has really tailed off and appears to be taking a majority of the brunt there now.

Plus, I am starting to warm up to the idea of Semin and Datsyuk on a line. Datsyuk has always wanted a Russian counterpart since the Larionov days and I bet Semin could get back to his old ways with Pavel.

Sure it is a risk, but it beats losing out on Parise and having no options.

9M-10M of what??? Based on what??? As someone said/wrote before, Doan + Semin > Parise. Let Huds walk, sign Schultz and Suter (if he's looking for 9M or more I say bye-bye to Suter).

Kronwall - Schultz give him a chance with our best Quincey - White

Smith - Ericsson ( I would trade "E" and sign Allen)

Kindl

Franzen - Dats - FA

Flip - Z - Brunner

Cleary - Helm - Bert

Prust - FA - Miller/Eaves

Abdelkader

If we sign Doan, he goes on the 1st line w/ Dats and Brunner and Mule on the 2nd line. If there is any chance of trading Mule, Abdelkader and Kindl for Ryan and filler then do it...