• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

I get the mentality of some of you with his price tag, but I wish this bad nightmare of Semin would just go away. We don't need another lazy floater.

However, I would love for Doan to play for the Wings. If we can't get Parise there are some interesting second tier combos that will give us some well rounded depth but not the natural firepower we need.

I've spoken to a few Caps fans, and they personally think the whole "is a lazy floater" thing is overblown. Ovechkin has really tailed off and appears to be taking a majority of the brunt there now.

Plus, I am starting to warm up to the idea of Semin and Datsyuk on a line. Datsyuk has always wanted a Russian counterpart since the Larionov days and I bet Semin could get back to his old ways with Pavel.

Sure it is a risk, but it beats losing out on Parise and having no options.

Posted Image

#22 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

if praise gets 10mill then see crosby make 14...

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#23 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

9M-10M of what??? Based on what??? As someone said/wrote before, Doan + Semin > Parise. Let Huds walk, sign Schultz and Suter (if he's looking for 9M or more I say bye-bye to Suter).

Kronwall - Schultz give him a chance with our best Quincey - White
Smith - Ericsson ( I would trade "E" and sign Allen)
Kindl

Franzen - Dats - FA
Flip - Z - Brunner
Cleary - Helm - Bert
Prust - FA - Miller/Eaves
Abdelkader

If we sign Doan, he goes on the 1st line w/ Dats and Brunner and Mule on the 2nd line. If there is any chance of trading Mule, Abdelkader and Kindl for Ryan and filler then do it...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#24 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

If we don't get him, then I hope he stays in Jersey. I do not want to see him go to a team like Penguins.

#25 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

I wouldn't mind Semin at Franzen money, and I would love Doan.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#26 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

The chance he signs back in jersey was always a real possibility. I also agree 9-10 million is ridiculous, but the way he's talking about hurting "us" when referring to the devils doesn't mean much ATM. He's still a devil until he signs elsewhere, if he does at all.

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:23 AM

I know I said I want Ryan on our roster, but living in Southern California, I´ve seen Bobby multiple times and I think he´s more interested in the glamor then the game. Watching him from behind the Ducks bench I´ve seen multiple temper tantrums. Whether it´s obvious towards the coach or another player, he sure throws a hissy fit. Then comes his attitude towards his name being thrown in rumors. I just feel like he´s kind of a head-case.

Yeah, or, you know...maybe it's because he plays for the Ducks.

I'm sure this has something to do with it.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

As for Parise - I don't see how anything's changed.

- That guy's not the first to say Parise could command as much as 10 mill.
- Could =/= Will, or even necessarily Likely will
- Of course Parise's gonna say "we/us"

Edited by Dabura, 27 June 2012 - 12:33 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#29 ozone923

ozone923

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

After reading multiple sources' opinions I have come to the conclusion that most likely Parise will be a Devil next season.

In an interview on NHL Home Ice, Parise refers to Adam Oates' relocation as hurting ¨us¨ meaning ¨him¨ on the Devils next year and the future.

I wouldn't want to sign him at the 9-10 million $ salary he seeks anyways, but I look at it as a slight problem for the Wings. Before reading the quotes above (see above) I figured that with Parise testing the market fully, other teams like the Rangers, Penguins, etc. would jump at this opportunity while we focus on better options suitable for our current situation and go after players like Semin who will be at discount because of his worst season as a Capital last year.

I always assumed Parise would re-sign with the Devils so I wasn't worried, but happy that he would take attention away from players the Wings could steal. Now that he is expressing that he wants to play in New Jersey and calling the Devils ¨us¨, it creates a less hostile environment for teams trying to pursue him. Teams are realizing the fact that Parise is probably not the best option to throw all their chips in.

I am looking at players like Semin, Schultz, Suter. Let´s say Kenny signs Suter and Schultz in a package kind of deal. Where Kenny entices Suter with playing with a young gun in Schultz and entices Schultz with playing along a proven defender in Suter. We can sign Semin for 4-5 million (given he can receive more elsewhere, but likes the idea of playing with Datsyuk), sign Suter for his 7 million, and get Schultz for his entry 925,000$ contract.

Being realistic I do not believe it´s even 60% possible that Kenny will be able to pull this off, but this is in my perfect world. Hell, let´s pull a Miami Heat and sign Parise Suter Semin and Schultz. Use the pitch that look what Miami has done, imagine what we all could do kind of thing. (I wish)

What do you all think?

I think that you're being a bit rash. Lets face it, if Parise wanted to stay a Devil THAT bad, why would they be pushed to July 1st of free agency even with financial troubles? ITS ZACH PARISE. That's like Detroit and Zetterberg pushing right till free agency... but Zetterberg never thought twice. I don't doubt that Parise would prefer to stay a Devil, its probably easier that way in terms of lifestyle because you don't have to give up everything for a new city and team. But on the other hand, its pretty evident to me that he's at least curious as to what's out there, and I guarantee you he wants to see what kind of offer Detroit and Pittsburgh can throw at him to at least tickle that curiousity. Once its tickled... who knows then? I really don't think its time to give up all hope and throw Plan A out the window. Plan A is still Plan A. B can be Semin.

Parise obviously wants to see whats out there, so don't give up yet!

#30 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

Never realistically thought, he would come here. I can see him becoming a Penguin soon, he is a very loyal player but even Zach knows, the Devils could soon be owned by the league > internal budget team.

Our top priority needs to be Suter. Schultz will want to play with his BFF Gardiner in Toronto or close to his family with the Canucks.

Semin god no, he is lazy with a bad attitude let him join the KHL. Rather go after Roy, he is unhappy in Buffalo.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#31 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

For 9-10mil/year let him go play with his cry baby ***** friend Crosby. Kenny will have other options.
Go Wings !

#32 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:01 AM

For 9-10mil/year let him go play with his cry baby ***** friend Crosby. Kenny will have other options.
Go Wings !

Are you 12?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#33 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:36 AM

if praise gets 10mill then see crosby make 14...

Thats where it gets messy. Sid the Kid said he's willing to lower his contract and only take a 550,000 raise inorder for them to build a championship team around him. He's willing to take the paycut inorder to win. Parise will not make more than Crosby.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#34 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

Thats where it gets messy. Sid the Kid said he's willing to lower his contract and only take a 550,000 raise inorder for them to build a championship team around him. He's willing to take the paycut inorder to win. Parise will not make more than Crosby.

And therein lies the rub. Crosby may have done the whole league a favor. It's hard for most players to say they should be making considerably more than Crosby.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#35 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

$10-million figure doesn't scare me. That won't be his cap hit, but his salary as part of a possible front-loaded deal. NBD.

#36 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Can we get Messi?

If we miss out on Messi then Robin van Persie would be my second choice. Or if we want a Swede to mesh we can try for Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

I hesitate to even mention Crosby in the same sentence as Steve Yzerman but that sounds like something Stevie would have done. Oh yeah, he did.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#37 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

I wouldn't be counting out Parise yet. The stuff he is saying is what you would expect to hear from him. He's not going to come out and say I hated playing in New Jersey I will not be resigning etc. There's still a really good chance he ends up a Wing
IPB Image

#38 ozone923

ozone923

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

And therein lies the rub. Crosby may have done the whole league a favor. It's hard for most players to say they should be making considerably more than Crosby.

This makes me giggle... seriously. Crosby is NOT taking a paycut to do the league or his team a favour. The kid will make 9 million a year. LOL. 9 MILLION! A paycut is Hank taking 6.08 a year instead of 8. Crosby should be taking 8 or less if he wants to 'give his team a chance'. It disgusts me how greedy some of these players are.

#39 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

Has anyone considered that the $9-10 million figure would be his salary, not his cap hit? As fans, all we should care about is the cap hit. Richards made $12 million this year with a $10 million signing bonus and his cap hit was $6.66 million.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#40 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

He's waited this long. I still believe Parise (and Suter) will be signing with the Wings on July 1st. Kenny has them on his speed dial. 1-800-MINNY-SUCKS.

Has anyone considered that the $9-10 million figure would be his salary, not his cap hit? As fans, all we should care about is the cap hit. Richards made $12 million this year with a $10 million signing bonus and his cap hit was $6.66 million.

Yeah that's what I think it is too. Something like...

10 year deal...70 million

Year 1: 10 mil
Year 2: 10 mil
Year 3: 9 mil
Year 4: 9 mil
Year 5: 8 mil
Year 6: 8 mil
Year 7: 6 mil
Year 8: 5 mil
Year 9: 3 mil
Year 10: 2 mil
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.