• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
steveyzermanfan19

Parise Likely Out. Next Options

Rate this topic

Its an Eklund rumor so its probably not accurate but if he's right, Kovalchuk is in play.

The big news we can finally discuss is surrounding NJ today, where there is some wild speculation that the team could sign Parise and trade Kovalchuk to be able to be in a better position to sell the franchise. I was told about this by various sources earlier in the week, but now it's been intensifying...to say the least...Who could take on kovalchuk's contract? Who is interested? I was told four teams...The Wild, the Red Wings, the Islanders and the Canadiiens...

Its an Eklund rumor so its probably not accurate but if he's right, Kovalchuk is in play.

Okay, now we know the following for sure:

Kovalchuck will be a Devil next season

Parise will not be a Devil.

Keep in mind a 550k raise for Crosby = 9.25 million per year could he command the salary maximum? Easily but I think he very well knows its better to give a bit, in order to gain safety. Other teams will still have a hard time, using the "Crosby Cap" against their future top UFAs, players and agents aren't dumb they would simple state, how the Pens are an annual contender and therefore players are taking paycuts.

That aside, if Zach re-signs he has to be fully aware that the Devils might be a bottom feeder soon (Brodeur retiring, internal cap and what not) but if he does kudos to him and his loyality.

But your $10 million reference point is meaningless, you've created that out of thin air. The fact is, the cap has gone up about 15-20% since Zetterberg signed his contract, so comparing $8 million for him, or whatever the number, to what Crosby might be worth today is comparing apples and oranges.

I've always said when Zetterberg signed his contract, he might be worth $8 million a year on a 5 deal, but if you want longer term, your average per year has to come down due to diminishing returns as he ages. Otherwise, you have a 41 year old on the roster taking up $8 million in cap space and potentially not giving you much production. Flip sides are that he's likely retired before then or the cap may be significantly greater so the $8 million isn't a big deal. I've always had an issue with these types of contrats as, to me, they are clearly circumventing the cap. Unless you really thinking the player is going to stick around and play through to the end of the contract, I think there is circumvention. I think deals like Zetterberg's pushed the envelope and then Kovalchuk's initial deal just went way overboard and was denied.

I agree with you about the front-heavy contracts. But my 10 million reference point is not out of thin air. I was plainly stating that player salaries are not simply based on the cap and the cap alone. Obviously they have a lot to do with relativity - that is to say for example, David Jones' contract set the bar for other 20-25 goal scorers' salaries this free agency period. Crosby's salary must be cap-compliant, but also compliant RELATIVE to other players, otherwise it would just seem ridiculous to a GM. For example, if Parise wanted 10 million, only the most desperate of teams would sign him for this, because relatively speaking it is ludicrous to pay Parise more than Crosby, Geno and Ovechkin. Taking the relativity point into consideration, I hope my overall point is now clear: Crosby 'settling' for 9 million is still ridiculous. Salaries are just too damn high.

The 20% maximum of a cap for a player's salary does not have to be reached even though I can see why it serves as a good standard. I just see no reason to pay a s***head like Crosby or any other bum that much money. Crosby shouldnt be paid any more than 10 mil or I'll cry like he does. :D

Guest Hatethedrake!

Ok so all Kenny has to do is sign Parise, Doan, Prust, Suter and Montoya.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($4.550m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Brandon Prust ($1.500m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.500m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m)

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.000m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Al Montoya ($1.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,083,712; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $116,288

If we miss out on Messi then Robin van Persie would be my second choice. Or if we want a Swede to mesh we can try for Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

I hesitate to even mention Crosby in the same sentence as Steve Yzerman but that sounds like something Stevie would have done. Oh yeah, he did.

How about your boy Torres? LOL

Guest Johnz96

Parise/Semin - Datsyuk - Doan

Franzen - Zetterberg - Filppula

Cleary - Helm - Bertuzzi/Nyquist/Mueller

Miller/Eaves - Abdelkader - Nyquist/Mueller/Beruzzi/Moen/Tootoo/Prust(I think he wants too much for a 4th liner)

with Mursak and Emmerton fighting it out for time

Kronwall - Smith

Quincey - Salvadore/Ericsson/Kindl

Ericsson/Salvadore/Kindl - Ericsson/Salvadore/Kindl

I think that would leave us a room to trade for or acquire one of the many big physical power forwards who could be UFAs next year or Weber or another right shooting d-man

I think given the opportunity Smith will be a Calder candidate and Kindl needs some time (let's see what he can do)or he will never be as good as he can be, his development may already be stunted

Svitov's contract with Ufa Salavat Yulayev expires at the end of the season. I would make a serious pitch for him at the end of the year especially if we can't get a big physical bottom 6 presence. He is big, strong, nasty, great on faceoffs and considered one of the best defensive forwards in the KHL. I don't think there would be any tampering charges if we spoke to him before their season is over

(Svitov is 15 in white started this huge brawl game was called after less than 3 minutes)

(nothing to do with Svitov but interesting to see Fedorov trying to stick up for his bro )

Does anyone really think a player is going to reveal anything prior to July 1 ? Nobody is going to say "I want out of here now".. There have also been reports that NJ won't have the revenue to resign Parise, so its 6 of one, and half-a-dozen of another. Not saying any of this to talk down to someone either.... Weber was cornered by some blogger at the draft, and told the guy he hoped they could work something out in Nashville, to which it was spun into Weber wants to stay a Pred....

A report today said Parise will not comment on contract talks with the Devils, I there only a couple days until Free Agency... it appears he will at least test the waters.

Tweets are gonna be flying Sunday! Hell I got like 20 tweets and RT's when Cindy agreed to terms...I was about ready to throw my phone across the room the next time an analyst tweeted about Cindy! Ok, he agreed, its done...

I am gonna have 2000 tweets Sunday....sheesh! ReTweet this assholes! :lol:

Crosby and Parise would be so ridiculous, f***...

So would Parise and Datsyuk, difference is Datsyuk doesn't have soup for brains! Nor does he dive all over the place, nor does he start things and run away... Parise can either play with a Man or play with a weaselly crybaby who is one hit away form missing another 60 games...It's his choice.

So would Parise and Datsyuk, difference is Datsyuk doesn't have soup for brains! Nor does he dive all over the place, nor does he start things and run away... Parise can either play with a Man or play with a weaselly crybaby who is one hit away form missing another 60 games...It's his choice.

Parise-Datsyuk sounds quite awesome indeed. I can't quite put into words how I imagine those two would play together. In my eyes they would be pretty different from a Parise-Crosby combo, which I imagine would be probably the deadliest north-south combo in the league and thus fantasy hockey power.

The difference is, in a word, defense. Crosby has no d-game; Datsyuk wins Selkes.