• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

How much would you give up?

Rate this topic

Apparently there is a rumor ek is peddling about the Devils dumping Kovy to allow for the sale of the franchise and to lock up Parise. I am not here to report the rumor, I only offer it as a little context to this question.

You are Ken Holland. What do you package together to bring Kovy in?

If Eklund says a player is on the market, you can bet your bottom dollar that player is not on the market. If this is true though, its a salary dump, therefore the value of the player being dumped is lower than normal market value... I would say probably Franzen+mid tier prospect+high pick 2013.

Eklund is a nut. His batting average is like .050, if that, but it's like if he gets one thing right, it's like he hit a walk off home run in the bottom of the 9th inning in Game 7 of the World Series.

No thanks on Kovy.

Doubt Holland would make a move like that, and doubt he will be traded. They will either find a way to sign Parise and keep Kovalchuk or Parise will sign elsewhere. The only way I would consider doing this trade if he infact is up for grabs is if we could commit highway robbery. Some ridiculous offer that we just couldn't say no too.

Doubt Holland would make a move like that, and doubt he will be traded. They will either find a way to sign Parise and keep Kovalchuk or Parise will sign elsewhere. The only way I would consider doing this trade if he infact is up for grabs is if we could commit highway robbery. Some ridiculous offer that we just couldn't say no too.

Highway robbery? Maybe something like the rights to Hudler, all the $1 hotdogs you can carry, & Karen Newman's home phone number? Get 'r done Kenny! :colgate:

Highway robbery? Maybe something like the rights to Hudler, all the $1 hotdogs you can carry, & Karen Newman's home phone number? Get 'r done Kenny! :colgate:

That is exactly what I was thinking lol! And maybe a round of golf with Larry Murphy! Even then I would be a little worried to take that contract on! :shutup:

As usual it's about a 99.99999% chance Eklund is full of s***. I would have to think Parise coming back to the Devils would be pretty contingent on Kovy being there and them icing a solid team again next season.. That would be like the Wings trading Zetterberg to keep Datsyuk (or the other way around).. Not to mention all that the Devils went through to get Kovy in the first place (ridiculous contract, penalized by the league, plus assets lost in the trade)..

Guest Hatethedrake!

Eklund has the Wings going after Sammy. He has it on good authority that Kenny tried to get him at the deadline. When Eklund says a player is going somewhere, you know he IS NOT going to that team. I agree with the poster above. To even think about taking on Kovy's absurd contract, the Mule would have to be included in any deal with NJ.

Love Kovy great player, but given that he's signed until he is 47 or whatever I share the sentiments above in that I would not touch that contract with Chicago's!

Edit: spelling

Edited by FifeHockeyNut

Eklund is a nut. His batting average is like .050, if that, but it's like if he gets one thing right, it's like he hit a walk off home run in the bottom of the 9th inning in Game 7 of the World Series.

No thanks on Kovy.

I think .005 is a bit more accurate when it comes to Eklund. And yeah, Ek's "Sources" are a dart board with pics of players and teams pinned to it. He doesn't report rumors, he speculates and he's easily the least credible source in the hockey world. Anything involving Kovy coming here I don't see as any kind of possibility.

The issue for NJ is that his real salary jumps from $6 to $11 MM this coming season. If they truely are straped, why not unload the contract. If its him or Parise, maybe they want Zac that badly.

They can unload a large contract and get a decent return. The caphit is such a good deal that his stock will still be high regardless.

Remember that I didnt start this thread to spread ek's smut around here. I am not asking for your opinions about his credibility, i just want to know how much you would give up to get him if he were available.

I would give up franzen, emmerton and a first for kovy. If you had to add another low prospect like a Ferraro so be it. Basically dump Johan's bad contract and swap it for kovy's bad contract. Who cares how much he makes, his cap hit is 6.6 which in today's market that's not too bad for an elite player. Yes it is long but so is franzens so I'd much rather kovy's contract than franzen cause hes twice the player. Do it!

I would give up franzen, emmerton and a first for kovy. If you had to add another low prospect like a Ferraro so be it. Basically dump Johan's bad contract and swap it for kovy's bad contract. Who cares how much he makes, his cap hit is 6.6 which in today's market that's not too bad for an elite player. Yes it is long but so is franzens so I'd much rather kovy's contract than franzen cause hes twice the player. Do it!

That's an interesting point, if we were taking Kovys ridiculous contract we could potentially rid ourselves of Franzens daft contract. This has moved me from the "no" side to sitting on the fence.

I'd make that deal 10 times out of 10.. But if the devils are trying to dump a contract to lower their salery cap then I doubt they take on mule's 4 mill per season. Probly looking for a couple real promising prospects and a first round pick or more.

I'd make that deal 10 times out of 10.. But if the devils are trying to dump a contract to lower their salery cap then I doubt they take on mule's 4 mill per season. Probly looking for a couple real promising prospects and a first round pick or more.

Totally agree but at the same time nj knows wherever they trade him almost all teams will have to shed some kind of money going back . I'm thinkin it wouldn't be a bad sell to the fans keeping parise and trading kovy for franzen because they can save money and bring a 30 goal scorer whos won the cup and will save the team not only almost 3 mill on the cap but even more off it because of how much kovy actually makes. Just a thought I guess but I'm with ya on you're view as well. Here's to hoping

Edited by Wingydingy19

Guest Johnz96

I would rather have Kovy than Parise but even as a salary dump he will be expensive

That's an interesting point, if we were taking Kovys ridiculous contract we could potentially rid ourselves of Franzens daft contract. This has moved me from the "no" side to sitting on the fence.

Mule is a bargain

It's not a Kenny Holland move to take a cap hit of 6.66 million for a player that will eventually be in his 40s. That's just stupid. We paid that much for Nick Lidstrom when he was still a Norris trophy contender. The only way he'd take that kind of a contract would be if it were an offer he could not refuse. Franzen for Kovy straight up. Wings get his crappy contract, Devils get a decent player with a history of being a big playoff performer. Plus they get an extra $3 million or so to put into Parise's pocket. Otherwise I don't think Holland would bite.

Edited by The Nephilim