• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#21 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

Schultz will go to Edmonton and even with all that young talent they still wont make the playoffs this year.

#22 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,584 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

Schultz will go to Edmonton and even with all that young talent they still wont make the playoffs this year.

or in a long time....all that young talent will soon price themselves out of Edmonton and then they will still suck...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#23 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

I am not surprise to say the least. At least Kenny did make a run for him. I hope this guy signs with Edmonton I really do.

#24 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

Stupid kid has an ego that wouldn't fit into the Wings' locker room. Should have known immediately when he did the primadonna "I don't like what team drafted me, wah wah" bs.

#25 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,584 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

Stupid kid has an ego that wouldn't fit into the Wings' locker room. Should have known immediately when he did the primadonna "I don't like what team drafted me, wah wah" bs.

Sounds like premadonna Lindros....and he ended up concussed and no Stanley Cups...let alone beat the FRK up by his own teammates in Philly for fornicating with Brind'Amour's wife....car accident my ass, He got knocked the frk out then shipped to the Rags... (BTW inside source on the info)

Wonder if Schultz will get some or tons of boo's the first time he skates at the Joe?

Edited by LeftWinger, 28 June 2012 - 04:48 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#26 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

I feel the same way...This is not the second coming of Bobby Orr

\

Bobby Orr is the greatest hockey player ever

I am not surprise to say the least. At least Kenny did make a run for him. I hope this guy signs with Edmonton I really do.

Edmonton should be a powerhouse team in a few years. If it's true that Detroit is out of the bidding for him, I hope he goes to the Leafs

#27 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

You guys are aware that whoever signs Schultz will be charged tampering ... will lose some picks and all. Heard earlier that Anaheim's GM will be filing for tampering charges the second he is signed with a new team.

Glad to hear we're out of the race, he looks talented ... but don't be surprised if ends up a bust!

#28 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

That officially took 24 hours
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#29 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

Holland did his due diligence, not his fault Schultz didn't want to come here...
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#30 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

You guys are aware that whoever signs Schultz will be charged tampering ... will lose some picks and all. Heard earlier that Anaheim's GM will be filing for tampering charges the second he is signed with a new team.

Glad to hear we're out of the race, he looks talented ... but don't be surprised if ends up a bust!

As of the 25th he officially doesn't belong to the Ducks

#31 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

No, Anaheim will claim tampering. Doesn't mean whoever signs him will actually be found guilty by the commissioner's office. For that to happen, they'll have to find a paper trail showing that whoever he does sign with are the ones that alerted him/his agents to the loophole in the CBA that allowed him to pull off this move and/or evidence they were talking contracts with them before he officially became a UFA. Pretty tall task that.

#32 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Wonder if Schultz will get some or tons of boo's the first time he skates at the Joe?

Did Brunnstrom? The majority of the fans at the Joe will not even know who Schultz is.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#33 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

No, Anaheim will claim tampering. Doesn't mean whoever signs him will actually be found guilty by the commissioner's office. For that to happen, they'll have to find a paper trail showing that whoever he does sign with are the ones that alerted him/his agents to the loophole in the CBA that allowed him to pull off this move and/or evidence they were talking contracts with them before he officially became a UFA. Pretty tall task that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Burke is actually guilty of all that and maybe the Duck's are aware of it and have some evidence

#34 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

Screw him....we'll get Dekeyser in the Spring and McKee in 3 years and he will just beat Schultz's ass for the snub! Suter, Garrison and Carle are still available....Get it Done Kenny! Suter Suter Suter....

If he goes to Vancouver, he can eat my balls. I hate them more than the Penguins. But in saying that, i'd like to see him go to Edmonton. Their D is terrible past Whitney, Smid and Nick Schultz.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#35 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

If he wants a Canadian team and wants to be thrown straight to the wolves with lots of ice time them Edmonton is his team.

Edited by redwingfan19, 27 June 2012 - 11:08 PM.

14 Fighting Majors

#36 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

i don't know why he would go to edmonton over vancouver if he cares at all about winning. edmonton is still a few years off from being contender.

#37 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

i don't know why he would go to edmonton over vancouver if he cares at all about winning. edmonton is still a few years off from being contender.

He could get on Vancouver but if it's playing time and a bigger roles he seeks then Edmonton would be his best bet IMO.

14 Fighting Majors

#38 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

Personally I thought it was a bit insulting to Smith, Nyquist and all the other rookies in Detroit's system to guarantee this guy a spot on the team when they all had to pay their dues in Grand Rapids.

Smith especially since they played together at Wisc., with Smith being the better player and higher draft pick.

#39 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

I was pretty sure he would end up in Canada, so i'm not surprised by this. Can't say i'd want him anyway, like others have said I think it's a bad idea to guarantee ice time to a guy who hasn't played a shift in NHL. Not to mention he's a premadona.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#40 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

or in a long time....all that young talent will soon price themselves out of Edmonton and then they will still suck...

Exactly.

Eberele will look great as a Red Wing in a few years. :tounge:
Posted Image