Sign in to follow this  
redwingfan19

Red Wings OUT of bidding for D Justin Schultz

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

I feel the same way...This is not the second coming of Bobby Orr

\

Bobby Orr is the greatest hockey player ever

I am not surprise to say the least. At least Kenny did make a run for him. I hope this guy signs with Edmonton I really do.

Edmonton should be a powerhouse team in a few years. If it's true that Detroit is out of the bidding for him, I hope he goes to the Leafs

You guys are aware that whoever signs Schultz will be charged tampering ... will lose some picks and all. Heard earlier that Anaheim's GM will be filing for tampering charges the second he is signed with a new team.

Glad to hear we're out of the race, he looks talented ... but don't be surprised if ends up a bust!

Guest Johnz96

You guys are aware that whoever signs Schultz will be charged tampering ... will lose some picks and all. Heard earlier that Anaheim's GM will be filing for tampering charges the second he is signed with a new team.

Glad to hear we're out of the race, he looks talented ... but don't be surprised if ends up a bust!

As of the 25th he officially doesn't belong to the Ducks

No, Anaheim will claim tampering. Doesn't mean whoever signs him will actually be found guilty by the commissioner's office. For that to happen, they'll have to find a paper trail showing that whoever he does sign with are the ones that alerted him/his agents to the loophole in the CBA that allowed him to pull off this move and/or evidence they were talking contracts with them before he officially became a UFA. Pretty tall task that.

Guest Johnz96

No, Anaheim will claim tampering. Doesn't mean whoever signs him will actually be found guilty by the commissioner's office. For that to happen, they'll have to find a paper trail showing that whoever he does sign with are the ones that alerted him/his agents to the loophole in the CBA that allowed him to pull off this move and/or evidence they were talking contracts with them before he officially became a UFA. Pretty tall task that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Burke is actually guilty of all that and maybe the Duck's are aware of it and have some evidence

Screw him....we'll get Dekeyser in the Spring and McKee in 3 years and he will just beat Schultz's ass for the snub! Suter, Garrison and Carle are still available....Get it Done Kenny! Suter Suter Suter....

If he goes to Vancouver, he can eat my balls. I hate them more than the Penguins. But in saying that, i'd like to see him go to Edmonton. Their D is terrible past Whitney, Smid and Nick Schultz.

i don't know why he would go to edmonton over vancouver if he cares at all about winning. edmonton is still a few years off from being contender.

He could get on Vancouver but if it's playing time and a bigger roles he seeks then Edmonton would be his best bet IMO.

Personally I thought it was a bit insulting to Smith, Nyquist and all the other rookies in Detroit's system to guarantee this guy a spot on the team when they all had to pay their dues in Grand Rapids.

Smith especially since they played together at Wisc., with Smith being the better player and higher draft pick.

I was pretty sure he would end up in Canada, so i'm not surprised by this. Can't say i'd want him anyway, like others have said I think it's a bad idea to guarantee ice time to a guy who hasn't played a shift in NHL. Not to mention he's a premadona.

That doesnt make sense to me. Wouldn't they have to do that for every team that reached out to him? You always see that teams don't even want to say a guys name during an interview just in case.

That doesnt make sense to me. Wouldn't they have to do that for every team that reached out to him? You always see that teams don't even want to say a guys name during an interview just in case.

Honestly I am not sure how it would work in this case. Technicaly all the teams have tampered & I don`t know how the NHL would handle such a thing. All I`m saying is what I heard from the radio, it could happen or it could not happen.

Let`s just sit in the passenger seat on this one and see how this thing turns out!

http://ducksdailyblog.com/2012/06/26/justin-schultz-now-a-free-agent/

Here`s an interesting link as well.

Some would say Schultz has had his mind made up for months now. Some would say that a team tampered with the Ducks’ rights to negotiate with Schultz. That’s very possible, rumors were going around that the Ducks believed that a team tampered with Schultz and that they may even file tampering charges.

Sounds familiar....and he ended up concussed and no Stanley Cups...let alone beat the FRK up by his own teammates in Philly for fornicating with Brind'Amour's wife....car accident my ass, He got knocked the frk out then shipped to the Rags... (BTW inside source on the info)

Wonder if Schultz will get some or tons of boo's the first time he skates at the Joe?

What's this rumour about Brind'amour's wife?

Personally I thought it was a bit insulting to Smith, Nyquist and all the other rookies in Detroit's system to guarantee this guy a spot on the team when they all had to pay their dues in Grand Rapids.

Smith especially since they played together at Wisc., with Smith being the better player and higher draft pick.

Pretty sure smith an nyq were guaranteed spots as well this year..? I could be wrong.. Either way, I agree. I like smith better anyway. Hes big, young, good already and plus he's not afraid to drop the gloves. What's not to love. I could see smith having an amazing year. And if it's considered his rookie year (not sure how that works), I wouldn't be surprised if he was up for the Calder..

Edit: spelling ha

Edited by amato

Uhm, what is up with all the anger against this guy? He never said he would sign with the Wings, quiete the opposite. His agent made it very clear, Schultz would only sign with a Canadian team. Holland asked about him and Meehan told Kenny "sorry Wings aren't on our list" more didn't happen, so I just have a hard time understanding all the wrath.

Murray can tamper himself this is just him trying, to put some fear into other GMs so the Ducks can re-sign Schultz and threat him like crap (i.e Ryan'ed him).

Smith is a great prospect and should have a guaranteed spot this season, I am really looking forward to that. Maybe we'll miss out on Suter too if so, its also nice to see a young team grow together even if it means, our playoffstreak will come to an end.