• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#41 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:00 AM

You guys are aware that whoever signs Schultz will be charged tampering ... will lose some picks and all. Heard earlier that Anaheim's GM will be filing for tampering charges the second he is signed with a new team.

That doesnt make sense to me. Wouldn't they have to do that for every team that reached out to him? You always see that teams don't even want to say a guys name during an interview just in case.

#42 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

That doesnt make sense to me. Wouldn't they have to do that for every team that reached out to him? You always see that teams don't even want to say a guys name during an interview just in case.

Honestly I am not sure how it would work in this case. Technicaly all the teams have tampered & I don`t know how the NHL would handle such a thing. All I`m saying is what I heard from the radio, it could happen or it could not happen.

Let`s just sit in the passenger seat on this one and see how this thing turns out!

http://ducksdailyblo...w-a-free-agent/

Here`s an interesting link as well.

Some would say Schultz has had his mind made up for months now. Some would say that a team tampered with the Ducks’ rights to negotiate with Schultz. That’s very possible, rumors were going around that the Ducks believed that a team tampered with Schultz and that they may even file tampering charges.

#43 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:50 AM

Welcome to Fabian Brunnstrom Part II-Electric Boogaloo. I hope he signs with Blowcouver and proves to be as big of a ***** as the Sedin Sisters.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#44 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:27 AM

Reportedly 26 teams were planning on making an offer. He can only sign with 1 team so he had to narrow it down sonetime. There's nothing wrong with wanting to play near home.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#45 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:10 AM

Sounds familiar....and he ended up concussed and no Stanley Cups...let alone beat the FRK up by his own teammates in Philly for fornicating with Brind'Amour's wife....car accident my ass, He got knocked the frk out then shipped to the Rags... (BTW inside source on the info)

Wonder if Schultz will get some or tons of boo's the first time he skates at the Joe?

What's this rumour about Brind'amour's wife?

#46 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,407 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:12 AM

Why are people mad? Guy has not played a game with a big club yet, he made it clear he is only interested in playing for a Canadian team.

To quote Holland :,, We weren't on his list"

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#47 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

Personally I thought it was a bit insulting to Smith, Nyquist and all the other rookies in Detroit's system to guarantee this guy a spot on the team when they all had to pay their dues in Grand Rapids.

Smith especially since they played together at Wisc., with Smith being the better player and higher draft pick.

Pretty sure smith an nyq were guaranteed spots as well this year..? I could be wrong.. Either way, I agree. I like smith better anyway. Hes big, young, good already and plus he's not afraid to drop the gloves. What's not to love. I could see smith having an amazing year. And if it's considered his rookie year (not sure how that works), I wouldn't be surprised if he was up for the Calder..

Edit: spelling ha

Edited by amato, 28 June 2012 - 05:11 AM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#48 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

I hope Brendan Smith smashes his(Shultz) face.
Ya I said it..

Edited by SaCkaveli20, 28 June 2012 - 06:33 AM.

#49 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,407 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

Uhm, what is up with all the anger against this guy? He never said he would sign with the Wings, quiete the opposite. His agent made it very clear, Schultz would only sign with a Canadian team. Holland asked about him and Meehan told Kenny "sorry Wings aren't on our list" more didn't happen, so I just have a hard time understanding all the wrath.

Murray can tamper himself this is just him trying, to put some fear into other GMs so the Ducks can re-sign Schultz and threat him like crap (i.e Ryan'ed him).

Smith is a great prospect and should have a guaranteed spot this season, I am really looking forward to that. Maybe we'll miss out on Suter too if so, its also nice to see a young team grow together even if it means, our playoffstreak will come to an end.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#50 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

Lol I'm not really angry..don't care. Don't put all my hopes to rookies.
Those dudes have proved nothing at all.

#51 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

Exactly.

Eberele will look great as a Red Wing in a few years. :tounge:

funny i was thinking the same thing when someone mentioned all their high draft picks getting raises soon.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#52 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

People are acting like children in here. "Well, if he doesn't want to come here, he's just a loser. I'll take my toys and go home."

Anyone think maybe he just wants to play for his hometown (Vancouver) and it wasn't a slight against the Wings? Or perhaps the Wings only offered him bottom pairing minutes and some other team offered him something better?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#53 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Have fun playing in Edmonton
IPB Image

#54 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Oh well onwards to July 1st :)

#55 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

No suprise really. We need Suter. A player who has EARNED his place in the league as a top pair dman.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#56 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

I'd more than welcome Suter anyways
IPB Image

#57 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,828 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

Per Darren Dreger (by way of Bob McKenzie).

NYR are in on Justin Schultz. @DarrenDreger confirms TOR is in, @Real_ESPNLeBrun confirms OTT is in. That makes it VAN, EDM, NYR, TOR, OTT.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#58 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

Honestly I am not sure how it would work in this case. Technicaly all the teams have tampered & I don`t know how the NHL would handle such a thing. All I`m saying is what I heard from the radio, it could happen or it could not happen.

No, technically that's not correct. Three scenarios for you involving teams reaching out to Schultz about playing for them. Two would be tampering, one is not. Keep in mind, Anaheim's exclusive rights to Schultz expired on Sunday the 24th:

Scenario #1: Team A reaches out to Schultz and/or his agents in March & points out a specific clause in the CBA that might benefit him. That clause being, if he remains unsigned four years after he was drafted, the team who drafted him loses his rights, he becomes a UFA, and can sign anywhere he wants. Schultz then, who is already having positive conversations with the Ducks about signing & making his debut with the team once Wisconsin's season is over, shuts down & refuses to sign with them.

Scenario #2: Team B, knowing that Schultz is taking advantage of said clause though not having discussed it with him or his agents before, decides to call him up in May to let him know they would like to talk about him coming to their team.

Scenario #3: Team C calls up Schultz's agents on Monday, June 25th, which is the first time they've had contact with the Schultz camp, to express their interest in officailly signing him on July 1st.

And if you chose Scenario #3 as not tampering, you win a prize. WIll Anaheim still file a claim with the commissioner's office in that last scenario? Sure they will but claim =/= actual tampering. It could play out that there was a team that tipped off Schultz's camp to the loophole but he ends up not signing with that team, for example it was Burke in Toronto that tipped them off but he ends up signing with the Canucks. Anaheim better have a pretty good idea who that other team is if they think they have a chance in hell of proving tampering happened in a case like that.

Edited by ogreslayer, 28 June 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#59 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

Pretty sure smith an nyq were guaranteed spots as well this year..? I could be wrong.. Either way, I agree. I like smith better anyway. Hes big, young, good already and plus he's not afraid to drop the gloves. What's not to love. I could see smith having an amazing year. And if it's considered his rookie year (not sure how that works), I wouldn't be surprised if he was up for the Calder..

Edit: spelling ha

According to Babcock's interview with FSD after the season ended Smith and Nyquist both have to earn their spots in camp.

Regardless though, Smith already has 2 years of seasoning in Grand Rapids, while Nyquist has 1.

Schultz was promised an NHL spot before even putting on a jersey.

#60 wingsftw

wingsftw

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

I wouldn't get too upset. I feel that this whole circus is more likely to damage him then anything, he's going to have a huge amount of pressure to perform. As a young D-man, this is horrible for his development. We're above craving damaged goods with no NHL experience. Plus we won 1 out of the two sweepstakes so far in Brunner, so far the offseason is going well. Next Suter, Semin/Parise, Prust please!