• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#61 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

Wow - lots of hard feelings, and ill will towards this kid here at LGW's.

It's no surprise - he won't get top minutes in Detroit, and obviously Detroit is not a Canadian franchise.

He'll sign in Toronto to play alongside his buddy Gardiner...Best of luck to him - he'll need it since Leaf fans/media enjoy bashing Dmen.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#62 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

It's like that hot girl at the bar...you walk over to her, put the moves on her, and she's not interested. The guy walks away and calls her names because she wasn't interested in him.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#63 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

I didn't really care either way if we got him or not. With 25+ other teams making him the same offer, I wasn't too hopeful.

#64 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

Wow - lots of hard feelings, and ill will towards this kid here at LGW's.

It's no surprise - he won't get top minutes in Detroit, and obviously Detroit is not a Canadian franchise.

He'll sign in Toronto to play alongside his buddy Gardiner...Best of luck to him - he'll need it since Leaf fans/media enjoy bashing Dmen.

I'm not bitter that he doesn't want to play in Detroit, but it is starting to sound Lindros-esque.

A kid not willing to play where he's drafted and wanting to choose which team he gets to play for says something about him, and to me it's mostly not good.

Here's an interesting opinion piece on it too, and how it basically circumvents the point of the draft.

http://www.canada.co...7782/story.html

#65 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

I'm not bitter that he doesn't want to play in Detroit, but it is starting to sound Lindros-esque.

A kid not willing to play where he's drafted and wanting to choose which team he gets to play for says something about him, and to me it's mostly not good.

Here's an interesting opinion piece on it too, and how it basically circumvents the point of the draft.

It's pretty much expected that the rule that allowed for Schultz to do this will be taken care of in the new CBA.

#66 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Smith is a great prospect and should have a guaranteed spot this season, I am really looking forward to that. Maybe we'll miss out on Suter too if so, its also nice to see a young team grow together even if it means, our playoffstreak will come to an end.

You'd love to see Crosby in a wing sweater and now this? Give your head a shake man!

esteef

It's like that hot girl at the bar...you walk over to her, put the moves on her, and she's not interested. The guy walks away and calls her names because she wasn't interested in him.

Exactly, people take comments here too seriously. And that girl was probably a ***** anyway. :hehe:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#67 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

You couldn't have said it better. This kind of thing damages the league.

#68 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Holland did his due diligence, not his fault Schultz didn't want to come here...

Exactly..whether you think this kid is a bit of a ****** or not he can choose wherever he wants to go, the system is built that way. Makes me laugh how people around here think we are entitled to some of these guys. Schultz didnt say he was coming here..Parise has never said he's coming here and Suter has never said he's coming here. I hope we get 1 or both of them but I won't be crushed if we don't . Guys have their reasons to pick where they want to play.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#69 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

Don Cherry Twitter:

When you sign a college guy he's usually 23 or 24 yrs old so his game won't improve. What you see is what you get. So you must be carefull...

He cannot be compared to an 18 year old coming out of the CHL as they still have lots of room to learn and grow

Doesnt sound like hes too sold on this guy

I also dont really understand all the fuss. In no way are we in bad shape...not just yet.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#70 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Pssh, yeah... what a total loser. He doesn't want to be a Red Wing... well he sucks now. :tounge:

Seriously though, not everyone is going to drink the red kool-aid. It kind of sucks that he passed on Detroit, but we'll find talent elsewhere. No biggie.

#71 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

Well - he wasn't a 1st rounder...Was looked upon as a "work in progress"...His agent found loop-holes in the current CBA...Bye bye Anaheim.

Is he an *******, or a smart kid with a good agent who finds these loop-holes?..This I'm sure has put a smile on Fehr's face.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#72 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

In case it hasn't been said.....FRK Justin Schultz...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#73 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

I just can't for the sake of me understand the hate against this kid. After reading some comments from Getzlaf I was like "thats not your business captain Duck"!

Why should he play for a team he's extremely uncomfortable with? Just look @ how they are threatening Ryan, can you really blame Schultz for wanting another team?

Yeah, they've drafted Justin maybe just maybe he never wanted to be a Duck?

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#74 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

Yeah I'm not upset at him. Must say I'm not happy he isn't gonna be a Wing, but there are much better fish in the sea. Even if they don't have a rookie contract. It was worth a shot since he would get playing time here. I guess he can go play for a team that isn't playoff ready. :tounge:

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#75 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Word is he is signing with the New York.... Wait for it.... Rangers. Totally Western and totally in Canada.

What an idiot. That's all.

#76 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

he should have signed with the Ducks and then requested a trade to a Canadian team

#77 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

He must not want to win, everyone knows Canadian teams don't win the cup..
Posted Image

#78 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

According to the Toronto Star, someone in Toronto might pull a "Kopecký".

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#79 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

He must not want to win, everyone knows Canadian teams don't win the cup..

From TSN:

The Edmonton Oilers recruited a couple of former greats to help lure college free agent Justin Schultz west.

Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey both spoke with Schultz on Edmonton's behalf.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#80 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Hearing NYR are out of running for Justin Schultz. Not going to NYC.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: TOR also out on Justin Schultz.
RIP #24