• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

who's on the outs if we sign multiple forwards?

Rate this topic

it hasn't been talked about and i so hope when the time comes for holmstrom to give his decision he retires , as much as i love everything hes done for us his time is up

Bertuzzi i believe was a bad signing but that's a whole other thing ( think being overly loyal to these veterans means the kids never get a chance)

that being said who's gone if we sign say 3 forwards? we got an abundance of forwards and added brunner

its unfortunate for mursak he got an injury last season cause i really wanted to see him play a full season , he's got alot of speed and i think he can bring something .... that being said i think he's done here as well as youngster emmerton and If holland sends them down they'll get picked up

hudler's obviously done and i think eaves and/or miller will be out just wont be enough spots .... can anyone tell me whats the limit for forwards on the roster??? 13 right?

Emmerton. I don't think he'll have a hard time clearing waivers. Next in line may be Eaves due to the concussion issues, though he should be ready for camp, if I recall correctly.

i really think emmerton will be picked up , hes young and alot of teams will think ... well hell he got drafted from the redwings could be something there why not , what do teams like columbus and islanders etc.. have to lose?

as for eaves i think your right he will probably be ready and i like him but i dont know if there will be any room

Holmstrom,Hudler,Emmerton,Muršak

Yep, I'd add in Eaves.

Hopefully they won't bother with Abdelkader unless it's to trade him for whatever we can get.

Really disagree here, Abby is a very good 4th liner and provides something our team has very little of. He's very important.

Lets say the wings sign 3 forwards as a somewhat realistic number. Homer and Hudler are gone, so you really only need to clear space for one guy. Eaves could be LTIR for a while depending on what his head is saying at that time.

If not, expect Emmerton to be waived/traded for a late pick. The wings may however move someone with a little more value to get something valuable. Miller could draw a decent asset like a 4th rounder or something compared to the 7th for Emmerton.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Holmstrom, Emmerton, Mursak. I still believe Eaves is an important part of this team. He stays. Brunner has to earn a spot. Much will depend on which players Kenny can sign in July. I would like to see Bert gone but it will not happen as he has 2 years left on his contract.

eaves has stated he is going to be ready, and he signed a 3 year last season. he is a scorer turned grinder...his value is more than we give him.

abdelkader /bertuzzi / miller are more expendable.

Agreed Eaves has a wicked wrist shot I'd wish det would use him more for shots. If he got that more undercontrol and fine tuned he'd have even more value. I dunno I just like the guy more than those three mentioned he digs hard and grinds as well as having a hard quick wrister.

it hasn't been talked about and i so hope when the time comes for holmstrom to give his decision he retires , as much as i love everything hes done for us his time is up

Bertuzzi i believe was a bad signing but that's a whole other thing ( think being overly loyal to these veterans means the kids never get a chance)

that being said who's gone if we sign say 3 forwards? we got an abundance of forwards and added brunner

its unfortunate for mursak he got an injury last season cause i really wanted to see him play a full season , he's got alot of speed and i think he can bring something .... that being said i think he's done here as well as youngster emmerton and If holland sends them down they'll get picked up

hudler's obviously done and i think eaves and/or miller will be out just wont be enough spots .... can anyone tell me whats the limit for forwards on the roster??? 13 right?

I would say with Holmstrom and Hudler out and if Holland signs 2 - 3 UFA forwards that would push Emmerton and Mursak out. Now, I still haven't heard anything about Eaves head injury, maybe he will start the season on LTIR, not sure...

The roster is 23 players, 14 forwards, 7 defensemen and 2 goalies.

Dats, Z, Franzen, Fil, Cleary, Bertuzzi, Miller, Eaves, Helm, Abdelkader, Nyquist, Brunner, UFA, UFA....or any combo of UFA Emmerton/Mursak....

I think Holland/Babcock should give Nyquist every chance to make the club over Emmerton/Mursak and Holland should get two ufa's. a legit top 6 and a bottom 6.... Obviously we want Parise, beyond that maybe Doan/Prust/Semin/Mueller/Moen....

I'd personally like to see Parise and Mueller...No Parise, then Doan/Semin & Mueller, which would push Nyquist back to GR. Unless I am counting wrong...

It is up in the air what will happen with us, we heard news today that Holland is interested in Nash...that would open a huge can of worms on spots in the roster...Of course there is always a trade to dump assets too... Crazy stuff is gonna happen!

Just consider this:

Dan Cleary is aging and has a 2.8mill contract with one season left on it. Would it be valuable to sell him now while we can get decent assets for him rather than lose him in free agency next season? If we are re-signing our youth and blowing money on UFAs this season we could use the 2.8 mill elsewhere rather than the 4th line. Furthermore, Eaves has a hefty 1.2mill contract and if he doesn't play every night he isn't worth keeping around when we could get a decent pick for him. Bertuzzi we are almost stuck with unless waived because he has a NMC i believe. Obviously Emmerton and Mursak are less valuable than these guys but that makes them ideal 13/14 guys that come cheap and know our system, I'd move a bigger contract to make room for future.

Emmerton won't be anything more than a 14th forward at most.

Hopefully they won't bother with Abdelkader unless it's to trade him for whatever we can get.

Ya we should get rid of one of the only tough players we got. Are you nuts? This team needs more players like this, not less.

Just consider this:

Dan Cleary is aging and has a 2.8mill contract with one season left on it. Would it be valuable to sell him now while we can get decent assets for him rather than lose him in free agency next season? If we are re-signing our youth and blowing money on UFAs this season we could use the 2.8 mill elsewhere rather than the 4th line. Furthermore, Eaves has a hefty 1.2mill contract and if he doesn't play every night he isn't worth keeping around when we could get a decent pick for him. Bertuzzi we are almost stuck with unless waived because he has a NMC i believe. Obviously Emmerton and Mursak are less valuable than these guys but that makes them ideal 13/14 guys that come cheap and know our system, I'd move a bigger contract to make room for future.

if it was up to me cleary and/or bertuzzi wouldnt be back and replaced with guys like prust ,doan etc..

unfortunetly ken holland is overly loyal ... bertuzzi never should of been resigned to 2 yrs especially now that hes 37

Guest Crymson

Just consider this:

Dan Cleary is aging and has a 2.8mill contract with one season left on it. Would it be valuable to sell him now while we can get decent assets for him rather than lose him in free agency next season?

He just had his worst season since '05-'06. How, exactly, would the team acquire "decent assets" in return for him?

The Wings need to spend 8 million to reach the cap floor, they need 2-3 players... they have all the money in the world, just need to make it happen.

I think who's out really depends on who's in. If a player like Ryan or Nash is brought in we could see Franzen, Cleary, or Flip moved. I would move all three of these guys if it meant the right package back.