• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

who's on the outs if we sign multiple forwards?

Rate this topic

eaves has stated he is going to be ready, and he signed a 3 year last season. he is a scorer turned grinder...his value is more than we give him.

abdelkader /bertuzzi / miller are more expendable.

I agree. Eaves and Helm together is money very good 3rd line

Dan Cleary is aging and has a 2.8mill contract with one season left on it. Would it be valuable to sell him now while we can get decent assets for him rather than lose him in free agency next season?

Cleary also has a NTC. There was a brief window during the 2011-12 season (the 30 days leading up to the trade deadline) where it wasn't in effect, but that is closed now.

__

For other players outside of Emmerton (assuming Holmstrom retires -- i don't think there's room for him) I do like Eaves, but the concussion problems leaves serious doubts. Eaves does have use on the 2nd PP unit occasionally when healthy, otherwise between him and Drew Miller it's a wash. Miller is better on the mucking/grinding part of the game (and health-wise), while Eaves has more offensive upside coupled with injury risk.

Cleary also has a NTC. There was a brief window during the 2011-12 season (the 30 days leading up to the trade deadline) where it wasn't in effect, but that is closed now.

__

For other players outside of Emmerton (assuming Holmstrom retires -- i don't think there's room for him) I do like Eaves, but the concussion problems leaves serious doubts. Eaves does have use on the 2nd PP unit occasionally when healthy, otherwise between him and Drew Miller it's a wash. Miller is better on the mucking/grinding part of the game (and health-wise), while Eaves has more offensive upside coupled with injury risk.

Cleary does not have a no-trade clause. It ran out 30 days before the 2011-12 trade deadline. I

I'd like to keep Mursak as the 13th forward for at least the beginning of the season. I don't really expect him to become a consistent part of the lineup but I think he has a better shot at it than Emmerton and arguably post-concussion Eaves. I also have faith that a surgically repaired Clearly will regain some of his lost form even if he doesn't completely return to his old ways.

Assuming we have to remove 2 players, I'd vote for Emmerton and Miller/Abdelkader. Send Emmerton through waivers and try to trade one of the other two for late picks or in a package with someone like Tatar for an A-level defensive prospect.

Emmerton should be gone regardless of the situation. He adds nothing and just eats up a roster space. I think people toss in Eaves' name because they forget what he's done on this team. I'd say missing Eaves was one of the elements that really hurt the Wings this year and I can't wait for him to come back. He adds some depth to the team that we sorely need. He also has some offensive ability that he's never really been allowed to unleash on the Wings, either.

As far as the "tough" choices go, I think Abdelkader has become expendable under certain circumstances. Basically, we'd have to find a grittier forward with more offensive upside to really make it worthwhile. If he were traded for a scorer, then he would only need to be replaced with a comparable forward.

I personally like Abdelkader and I'd love for him to be a part of a new era "grind line" and I'd rather he not go, but this season he didn't do much to make himself seem completely integral to the team. But maybe he just had an off year.

Emmerton should be gone regardless of the situation. He adds nothing and just eats up a roster space. I think people toss in Eaves' name because they forget what he's done on this team. I'd say missing Eaves was one of the elements that really hurt the Wings this year and I can't wait for him to come back. He adds some depth to the team that we sorely need. He also has some offensive ability that he's never really been allowed to unleash on the Wings, either.

As far as the "tough" choices go, I think Abdelkader has become expendable under certain circumstances. Basically, we'd have to find a grittier forward with more offensive upside to really make it worthwhile. If he were traded for a scorer, then he would only need to be replaced with a comparable forward.

I personally like Abdelkader and I'd love for him to be a part of a new era "grind line" and I'd rather he not go, but this season he didn't do much to make himself seem completely integral to the team. But maybe he just had an off year.

Abdelkader had two comparable seasons, both not great. He also had no points the last two playoffs, and was a minus 9. Statistically he's comparable to Miller, but he's going to cost twice as much.

We have to decided if we want to have a gritty 4th line. If we sign some tough guys to help back Abby up, then it might be worth it to keep him. If not, let's give the cheaper skilled guys a chance (Nyqyist, Brunner, Eaves, MIller, Mursak.)

What we were really missing last year was two solid centers for the bottom 6. Emmerton/Abby/Helm is not comparable to the Flip/Helm/Draper we had the last few years.

Speaking of out! It's not official until July 1st that he is gone but I have been waiting since the summer of 2008 to do this:

:w00t2::yahoo:

http://www.kuklaskor..._medium=twitter

Careful what you celebrate for. 25 goals from a single player is not easy to find. That is why David Jones is paid $4 million a season.

It's a good question. But I hope that everyone doesn't think everyone of our forwards will be healthy the whole year. I'm sure Cleary and Bert will have health issues. And I'm sure at least a couple if not a few more of our forwards will get injured. Seems like a common trend these last few seasons. Can't believe we signed Bert for 2 more freaking years. I like Bert just not for 2 more years dammit. Still think we need to get younger somehow and gives some kids a chance might be looking like we will have to do that here shortly.

I think Mursak is going to surprise people this year. He faced a broken ankle in his rookie year. It's hard enough to make that transition. I also don't think management will give up on him know the circumstances

Nothing against Jan,but with Bert/Cleary,Brunner,Eaves,Tatar there,his chance to earn a spot is pretty slim imo.

I'd be happy if he eventually clears waivers and go back to Griffins.

assuming brunner makes the lineup we added 3 bodies yesterday and were not finished , kennys gonna have alot of bodies to ship out of detroit , didnt count but i think we have something like 17-18 forwards as of now?

i got a bad feeling about nyquist being gone , if i was drafted player from detroit id be pissed cause the way it goes here it's like you got a 1% chance of ever playing

Finally get a chance to make some kids like nyquist play here this upcoming season and probably tatar in 2013-2014 and we just keeping filling in wastes like bertuzzi and samuelsson who are 35-40

wouldnt be surprised at this rate if tatar as well gets shipped out of detroit with nyquist in a trade

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Nyquist may be gone in a trade to acquire Nash or Ryan.... if that's the case, I'm fine with it, given what we would be getting in return.

I also believe that Abdelkader, Emmerton, Mursak, and Miller are expendable (Bertuzzi as well in some circumstances)... I want us to give Eaves a fair shake... I know he was injured all of last season, but Eaves has great upside and would be a great right handed shooting 3rd liner. I wish we could see the following:

Parise/Semin/Nash/Ryan - Datsyuk - Brunner

Franzen - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Cleary - Filppula - Eaves

Abdelkader - Helm - Tootoo

That is what I would absolutely love to see.... assuming Brunner works out and interchanging Sammy with Cleary/Filppula.

Three scoring lines, and a fast ass grinding line.

Nyquist may be gone in a trade to acquire Nash or Ryan.... if that's the case, I'm fine with it, given what we would be getting in return.

I also believe that Abdelkader, Emmerton, Mursak, and Miller are expendable (Bertuzzi as well in some circumstances)... I want us to give Eaves a fair shake... I know he was injured all of last season, but Eaves has great upside and would be a great right handed shooting 3rd liner. I wish we could see the following:

Parise/Semin/Nash/Ryan - Datsyuk - Brunner

Franzen - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Cleary - Filppula - Eaves

Abdelkader - Helm - Tootoo

That is what I would absolutely love to see.... assuming Brunner works out and interchanging Sammy with Cleary/Filppula.

Three scoring lines, and a fast ass grinding line.

Fil wont' be put back to the third line, especially when you have both abby and helm available.

Folks need to stop uttering Nash. Ken does not have the pieces to orchestrate that trade.

What are you talking about we have all the pieces and more to orchestrate that trade ... but are we ready to pull the trigger that's the question.

Yep, I'd add in Eaves.

Really disagree here, Abby is a very good 4th liner and provides something our team has very little of. He's very important.

Abby's not good enough at face-offs to justify leaving the 4th line centre spot in his hands.

Folks need to stop uttering Nash. Ken does not have the pieces to orchestrate that trade.

Holland certainly has the pieces to trade for Nash but he's not retarded so he won't pay the hilarious price Howson's been asking for Nash. The only way we trade for Nash is if Howson pulls his head out of his ass.

The only reason Eaves, Abby, Mursak and others are at risk is the young guys in the system, but really I see most of them as top 6 prospects.

I really don't see the Wings going after any more bottom 6 guys.

Any moves from here on out will be top 6.

So if you consider Sammy replaces Hudler, Tootoo Replaces Homer.

Basically the spots are the same as last year, same guys competing for the same spots.

Same competition for ice time as last year: Miller v Eaves, Mursak v Emmerton, Abby on 3rd v Abby on the 4th.

I think you are much more likely to see the Wings part ways with Mursak and Emmerton than either Abby or Eaves.

I think a 4th line with Abby and Tootoo could really create some havoc on the ice together, and with Miller and Eaves on the wing (rotation) that could really be a solid defensive line with some punch.

I think the third line though will see a lot of Cleary, Helm, Sammy/Bert, so unfortunately that leaves the 4th line without a true Center. Abby can play that role, but is not really a true center.

This is also why I see a trade making more sense to the Wings than signing Parise. If they add Parise it would be awesome, but then there are way to many forwards.

If they are able to trade Franzen for a top 6 forward like a Ryan then maybe you can trade Flip for a top 4 D-man.

But all of the stuff in the top 6 is speculation, the bottom 6 has 2 forwards that are going to have to be out of the rotation, and I think if all are healthy Abby, Miller, and Eaves are Babs choice to stay. He seemed to really like the rotation of Miller and Eaves before Eaves got hurt, they know the system and form a pretty decent 4th line when you add Tootoo to that.

I can only see Nyquist getting moved only if it directly results in Nash coming over to Detroit. I still don't see the organization moving one of their best forward prospects in the pipeline. Especially without seeing how his strength has come over the summer and what not. In reality, I can see emmerton being moved because theres no chance he'll pass through waivers. We know Hudler is gone but right now how much direct value can we get out of him since teams know we're at a stand still right now. I think firstly, all will depend on the Parise signing. If we don't get Parise, or sense we don't have a chance we will be moving on and we'll see pieces gone. Currently, Holland said he isn't doing anymore moves until Parise and Suter make a decision because he wants the space for both if they do so want to come to Detroit. Prospect wise: Tartar, Mursak and Emmerton I can see gone.

I can see holland saving some cap space for weber next offseason and going with something like this:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.866m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.500m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP:
$70,200,000;
CAP PAYROLL:
$62,795,417;
BONUSES:
$462,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster):
$7,404,583

This allows Holland to re-sign our guys next offseason as well as move for Weber hard. I just don't think we need Semin when we consider the guys Holland already brought in. I think a deal can be made for Ryan around Franzen, Cleary, Jurco, 1st. I'd hate to see Fil go but he may have to substitute for Franzen in the deal. Ryan wants out and his price may be lowered to something we can afford. Nash is too much imo.

Edited by dirtydangles

I know everyone has there own opnions on here and we've all stated them pretty well over the years but I really do hope we keep Abdelkader. Yes he is a local boy to where I live and that is a big factor in my favoritisim for him but he does have some good qualites and assests for this team and not to mention Babsy has said on more than one occasion that he likes Abby. He's a good young tough player that does provide some offense but really it's his physical qualities that make him valuable to a team like ours especially after signing another tough guy in Tootoo, imagine those two on one line. OUCH!!