Photo
- - - - -

who's on the outs if we sign multiple forwards?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

Yep, I'd add in Eaves.

Really disagree here, Abby is a very good 4th liner and provides something our team has very little of. He's very important.

Abby's not good enough at face-offs to justify leaving the 4th line centre spot in his hands.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#42 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

Folks need to stop uttering Nash. Ken does not have the pieces to orchestrate that trade.

Holland certainly has the pieces to trade for Nash but he's not retarded so he won't pay the hilarious price Howson's been asking for Nash. The only way we trade for Nash is if Howson pulls his head out of his ass.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#43 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

Abby's not good enough at face-offs to justify leaving the 4th line centre spot in his hands.

52% of 420 F/O's isn't good enough? He was better than Filpulla.

#44 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

The only reason Eaves, Abby, Mursak and others are at risk is the young guys in the system, but really I see most of them as top 6 prospects.
I really don't see the Wings going after any more bottom 6 guys.
Any moves from here on out will be top 6.

So if you consider Sammy replaces Hudler, Tootoo Replaces Homer.

Basically the spots are the same as last year, same guys competing for the same spots.

Same competition for ice time as last year: Miller v Eaves, Mursak v Emmerton, Abby on 3rd v Abby on the 4th.

I think you are much more likely to see the Wings part ways with Mursak and Emmerton than either Abby or Eaves.

I think a 4th line with Abby and Tootoo could really create some havoc on the ice together, and with Miller and Eaves on the wing (rotation) that could really be a solid defensive line with some punch.

I think the third line though will see a lot of Cleary, Helm, Sammy/Bert, so unfortunately that leaves the 4th line without a true Center. Abby can play that role, but is not really a true center.

This is also why I see a trade making more sense to the Wings than signing Parise. If they add Parise it would be awesome, but then there are way to many forwards.

If they are able to trade Franzen for a top 6 forward like a Ryan then maybe you can trade Flip for a top 4 D-man.

But all of the stuff in the top 6 is speculation, the bottom 6 has 2 forwards that are going to have to be out of the rotation, and I think if all are healthy Abby, Miller, and Eaves are Babs choice to stay. He seemed to really like the rotation of Miller and Eaves before Eaves got hurt, they know the system and form a pretty decent 4th line when you add Tootoo to that.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#45 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

I can see holland saving some cap space for weber next offseason and going with something like this:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.866m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.500m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.250m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,795,417; BONUSES: $462,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $7,404,583

This allows Holland to re-sign our guys next offseason as well as move for Weber hard. I just don't think we need Semin when we consider the guys Holland already brought in. I think a deal can be made for Ryan around Franzen, Cleary, Jurco, 1st. I'd hate to see Fil go but he may have to substitute for Franzen in the deal. Ryan wants out and his price may be lowered to something we can afford. Nash is too much imo.

Edited by dirtydangles, 02 July 2012 - 05:27 PM.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#46 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

I know everyone has there own opnions on here and we've all stated them pretty well over the years but I really do hope we keep Abdelkader. Yes he is a local boy to where I live and that is a big factor in my favoritisim for him but he does have some good qualites and assests for this team and not to mention Babsy has said on more than one occasion that he likes Abby. He's a good young tough player that does provide some offense but really it's his physical qualities that make him valuable to a team like ours especially after signing another tough guy in Tootoo, imagine those two on one line. OUCH!!