• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

St. James: Wings have inquired about Rick Nash

Rate this topic

What about trading Franzen, Filppula, and a pick(depends on the pick) for Nash? Cap wise both teams would be pretty close to what they are now, so the Wings could get Nash, Parise, and Suter while giving up Mule and Flip. Not saying CBJ would want those two nor am I sold on the idea of doing this but if Kenny feels like he needs to shake up the team, somewhat like LA & Philly has, why not consider this?

That's probably what it would take, but I'm not sure if giving up both Franzen and Flip is a good idea. Remember, we're likely losing Hudler, so if we lose Franzen there go our two top scorers. Nash and Parise are great an all, but goal-wise we'd probably be pretty similar, not improved. What we would see would be an increase in dirty goals and hard work, which is nice, but...

I say give up Flip and plug in a scoring winger. Lazy as he is, I still like Franzen and think he will have a rebound year in 2012-13. I'd rather have something like Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Nash, Parise and Franzen than the same core without him, you know? If at all possible I want Holland to make this team absolutely top-heavy. I want to see the Wings dominate and have one of their "destined to win it all" years, especially since we wouldn't be mortgaging our future.

Now that I think about this I'd trade either Franzen or Filppula in some kind of package for Nash, then sign the best available winger in free agency and go with that. Also, I really don't think it's that unrealistic to think that Columbus would bite on a Franzen trade. You've giving up a lot of goals in Nash and would definitely want some coming back the other way. Franzen is going to consistently give you 25-30 goals and his cap hit is super reasonable. With the right package I think you could land Nash for that, but for whatever reason the Wings have some misplaced committment to Franzen that they won't get past.

think it has something to do with Frazen being Swedish? Take it now if Holmstrom retires we go down another Swedish dude. Nyquist though is Swedish so he makes up for Nick or Homer if he makes the roster. For Swedes then we have, Hank, Franzen, Kronners, Big E and Nyquist.

But on regards to Nash thinking Nash could be a plan C or something for Holland but I doubt it. :P

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Exactly. Look back on when Nash has played the Wings. With the terrible line-mates he is always with always still manages to score against he Wings quite a fair bit even with Datsyuk or Zetterbergs line and Lidstrom against him. just think what he could do playing with Pavel.

It's an intriguing thought I must admit...

Well that just convinced me Detroit pulled out any offer they had for Nash and now have no interest what so ever.

Isn't Eklund mostly just ripping off the TSN guys Twitter feeds these days? He's got to be one of the silliest if not the silliest voice in hockey these days. Before he just posted utter and complete random drivel, now he seems to just rip off people with some small semblance of credibility. It's sad that he's making money doing that.

Isn't Eklund mostly just ripping off the TSN guys Twitter feeds these days? He's got to be one of the silliest if not the silliest voice in hockey these days. Before he just posted utter and complete random drivel, now he seems to just rip off people with some small semblance of credibility. It's sad that he's making money doing that.

I have been follwing him on twitter and he has not been even close yet today. That would suggest that he can't even rip TSN people off properly

I have been follwing him on twitter and he has not been even close yet today. That would suggest that he can't even rip TSN people off properly

I was talking about his amazing monument to mediocrity at www.hockeybuzz.com. I forgot he even had a Twitter. Most of what he seems to post on his website today comes a few minutes after McKenzie or Dreger says something. It's amusing.

You wouldn't trade flip, Franzen and a pick for Nash? Would CBJ take it?

Not a chance on earth would I make that deal.

Filppula put up more pts than Nash on his own last season, in fewer minutes, while Franzen put up only 3 fewer than Nash.

Yet somehow Nash gets paid more than both of them combined.

I wouldn't trade Filppula for Nash straight up.

I'd rather have Nash than Pairise. Nash definitely has 50 goal potential... I hope we keep Franzen in this deal. We'll have goal scoters throughout the lineup Sammy, Nash, Franzen and our bottom 6 is quite solid I must say

Parise's a better player overall. And he's no slouch in the goal-scoring department. Think, if he can score 30 goals on the Devils, what could he do with Dats feeding him the puck?

I do like the idea of Nash, though.

I'm all for Nash ... IMO Nash > Parise in every category !!!

Nash is a monster we get this guy and oh boy ...

Nash & Suter on this team we'd be amazing and his cap is not that bad 7.8 for a Nash caliber player ... better then Parise at 8m. over!

What about trading Franzen, Filppula, and a pick(depends on the pick) for Nash? Cap wise both teams would be pretty close to what they are now, so the Wings could get Nash, Parise, and Suter while giving up Mule and Flip. Not saying CBJ would want those two nor am I sold on the idea of doing this but if Kenny feels like he needs to shake up the team, somewhat like LA & Philly has, why not consider this?

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Zach Parise ($7.500m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($0.850m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.750m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) /

(NaN) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($7.500m) / Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.500m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,112,500; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,087,500

/drool talkin about pipedream lol