• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

St. James: Wings have inquired about Rick Nash

Rate this topic

This is exactly what my brother and I were talking about today. Nash is a much better winger than Filpula and Franzen. This would be good only if we signed Semin as well. Imagine Semin with Datsyuk and Nash with Zetterberg. I love Flip but Nash is a better winger by far.

How is he better today? Do you mean the Nash who once scored 79pts or the Nash of the last three seasons who averages 64pts and gets paid almost 8 million a year?

I don't care who he plays with in Columbus, Crosby is getting less than a million more a year than Nash. W. T. F.

The biggest reason I have seen for Nash's declining production is selfishness which, playing with Columbus, was warranted. Columbus knew Nash was the best chance of scoring just as much as the other team did which forces the guy into 2 on 1's and 3 on 1's where he'll inevitably fail. Still, better than letting Brassard take a wrister that goes wide.

One guy who had the same points per game as Nash

+

One guy who had MORE points per game

+

Random floatsam

+

a pick

:lol:

I have a feeling the asking price for Nash if he were to end up a Wing would be something along the lines of Flip, any 2 of White/Ericsson/Smith/Quincey(if signed), Nyquist, Tatar, & a couple years worth of 1st round picks based on what's leaked about C'bus's demands.

edit: I could see C'bus maybe wanting Mrazek instead of a second forward prospect in Tatar.

Edited by ogreslayer

I have a feeling the asking price for Nash if he were to end up a Wing would be something along the lines of Flip, any 2 of White/Ericsson/Smith/Quincey(if signed), Nyquist, Tatar, & a couple years worth of 1st round picks based on what's leaked about C'bus's demands.

edit: I could see C'bus maybe wanting Mrazek instead of a second forward prospect in Tatar.

No way nash is worth half of that. Two of our 5 Dmen? They have plenty. The won't get 2 first rounders either. Filppula, Franzen, 1st would be an overpayment considering Nash's age, contract, and point production.

No way nash is worth half of that. Two of our 5 Dmen? They have plenty. The won't get 2 first rounders either. Filppula, Franzen, 1st would be an overpayment considering Nash's age, contract, and point production.

Agreed but by what's leaked so far, C'Bus is asking for a top 6 forward, 2 top 6 dmen, a couple to top prospects, & multiple picks in return for Nash. I think someone needs to let Howson know that he's not trading Wayne Gretzky in his prime.

Agreed but by what's leaked so far, C'Bus is asking for a top 6 forward, 2 top 6 dmen, a couple to top prospects, & multiple picks in return for Nash. I think someone needs to let Howson know that he's not trading Wayne Gretzky in his prime.

Ya, Nash isn't 24 anymore. Asking for 3 top roster players and 2 top prospects and 2 picks that could become top prospects gives you a total of 7 potential top players for 1. I don't think thats happening anywhere. Id say 1 top 6 forward, 1 top 4 dman, 1 top prospect, 1 pick (2nd rounder) is more than fair.

I like Nash, but I think the more pressing need is a top-pairing defenseman. Maybe make a push first for Semin and/or Doan saving the trade assets to go after Yandle possibly. I don't know how else the Red Wings are going to upgrade on defense. Carle isn't the answer.

Edited by GoWings1905

Will take Nash over Parise any day and situation. Hope Kenny will be creative and bring him to Detroit.

I agree with this. Nash is a better scorer, a bigger body, and doesn't have the injury history that Parise does (although they both have knee problems, Nash's just haven't affected him as much).

Defense is the priority, but get Nash first if it is even possible.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

I can agree that there not many options left to significantly improve our D, however adding offensive firepower may solve the situation at least until next summer.