• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

St. James: Wings have inquired about Rick Nash

Rate this topic

I can agree that there not many options left to significantly improve our D, however adding offensive firepower may solve the situation at least until next summer.

I was this thinking this off the start, use all the cap from parise and suter and go after ryan, doan, semin, and maybe nash. Have offense carry the load, but it may be too late as their collective stocks just sky rocketed...

I actually think Kronwall may be an improvement over Lidstrom last season playing more minutes, so signing Carle would get the wings D back to basically where it was last year. After that firepower could be added upfront like Nash. If they dont sign adman, a move for Yandle has to be made over the offensive guys

I actually think Kronwall may be an improvement over Lidstrom last season playing more minutes, so signing Carle would get the wings D back to basically where it was last year. After that firepower could be added upfront like Nash. If they dont sign adman, a move for Yandle has to be made over the offensive guys

no way should we commit 5-6 years to carle id rather save the money to target weber next season we cant just throw longterm money to anyone now they'll be other ufa opportunities

Wings aren't gonna get Nash. I can't see how any of you can think otherwise. Traded to a division rival? Just not gonna happen.

Agreed. If Columbus wants the Rangers to blow them out of the water, the price for the Red Wings will be completely insane. I can't even imagine a package that would suffice considering the Rangers have a plethora of more viable assets to offer.

I was all for nash, but that was only if we signed Suter. Now a top D-man is the number one priority. If we can trade one, and sign semin and doan, we will be a serious contender again.

I'm sure most people would agree with this, but I don't. You do not need an all star defense to win the Stanley Cup, as proven by the Kings this year. I think the series vs Preds showed that the Red Wings top priority should be to add speed, size and scoring to the forward group.

Wings aren't gonna get Nash. I can't see how any of you can think otherwise. Traded to a division rival? Just not gonna happen.

For starters, we're not really a "rival". The Wings are a first place team, the Jackets are a lottery pick team. Both franchises are at different points in development. Its not like trading Nash to the Wings now will screw them out of a division crown. Second, we'll be giving them players too. Whether it be Franzen, Filppula, Smith, Jurco, Tatar, or whomever, we're going to have to deal with those players when we play them. The players we would be giving them are players we're counting on to be stars in the future. Its not like its a salary dump here. The Wings want to be good now and we get a player that's good now. The Jackets want to be good in the future and we give them players that should be good in the future. Both teams would be getting what they want and need and that's the point of trading right?

I'm all for getting Nash, but the cost might be too much to bare, and I personally feel that trading for a defenseman at this point is the smarter move. You use your assets to acquire Yandle and sign Semin or Doan. That is a strong team, regardless. If we put all our eggs in the Nash basket, we more than likely just add depth defense and we had better score more. We don't want a Tigers incident now do we?

We have a surplus of bodies on forward, and only 5 defenseman signed, with talent pretty thin. It would be nice to acquire Nash, but we need to use our trading pieces to grab a top defensman.

I think the realistic option is to try to sign Semin and Doan, then drop off a few forwards, Joey Mac, and/or prospects or picks for a top defensman.

Getting Nash will require sacrifice but it will pay off in many ways for the Wings. I hate to see media downgrading the entire Red Wings organization for not getting Suter and Parise. Younger generation of hockey tallants are sensitive to those things. I remember few years ago everyone would only dream to play for the Wings. No they go to Ollers, Wilds and such. This needs to be fixed somehow. Kenny is a pro. He will fix it. Our players need to step up and fix it. Fans need to be patient and optimistic.

Go Wings !

Can't link to it from work but Darren Dreger's reporting that Carolina's out on Nash. Howson wasn't budging from wanting Jeff Skinner evidently & Rutherford's not willing to give him up. Granted, if you believe the reports, Carolina was never on Nash's approved list anyway.

While I would be perfectly happy landing Nash, I feel it would cost less to get Ryan...then we could trade for Yandle...but if Holland lands Nash and it cost BOTH Fil and Franzine then I can see Holland signing Q and Kubina for the D...

I think Franzine could be spared in this deal though...Filppula, Abdelkader, Tatar, Kindl for Nash...I still prefer Ryan and Yandle, but I trust Kenny!

What would you guys think if Kenny got a package of Nash and Wisniewski in return? I know Wiz is at $5.5M...

Edited by LeftWinger

Send Franzen+prospects to get Nash, send Nash to Anaheim for Ryan+prospects, flip some of those prospects for Yandle or Jbo.