• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

St. James: Wings have inquired about Rick Nash

Rate this topic

You guys are dreammmmin. If we trade for anybody, it will be a defenseman, which is why we really need to sign Semin.

I don't think the dream is too far fetched especially if we don't sign Semin or Doan (short term). It might be overpayment for Nash maybe maybe not. And for the record were you one of the many that thought Suter was coming here for sure? Just wondering.

I'm also so glad we can eliminate all the fake cap geek crap and lineups with Parise and Suter out of the mix officially now.

I don't think the dream is too far fetched especially if we don't sign Semin or Doan (short term). It might be overpayment for Nash maybe maybe not. And for the record were you one of the many that thought Suter was coming here for sure? Just wondering.

I'm also so glad we can eliminate all the fake cap geek crap and lineups with Parise and Suter out of the mix officially now.

I have no faith in Kenny Holland whatsoever, so I definitely didn't think Suter coming here was locked. I was hoping and praying it was, but yeah, not surprised in the least it didn't happen.

In regards to Nash, it's just not gonna happen, especially considering the Rangers have way more quality assets than us and are willing to part with them.

I have no faith in Kenny Holland whatsoever, so I definitely didn't think Suter coming here was locked. I was hoping and praying it was, but yeah, not surprised in the least it didn't happen.

In regards to Nash, it's just not gonna happen, especially considering the Rangers have way more quality assets than us and are willing to part with them.

Sure I might agree the Rangers have more assets than us. But then this one question? What's taking so long then to make the trade? They had the assets at the trade deadline as well. Nothing happened. My guess is that they (Columbus) don't like what the Rangers are offering and they might be more interested in what Kenny's offering. Hence the rumors why we are in the mix. It has been in a ton of rumors along with the Pens trying to maybe go after Nash now too. Really surprised Nash wasn't dealt at the trade deadline and really surprised he hasn't been dealt yet.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Sure I might agree the Rangers have more assets than us. But then this one question? What's taking so long then to make the trade? They had the assets at the trade deadline as well. Nothing happened. My guess is that they (Columbus) don't like what the Rangers are offering and they might be more interested in what Kenny's offering. Hence the rumors why we are in the mix. It has been in a ton of rumors along with the Pens trying to maybe go after Nash now too. Really surprised Nash wasn't dealt at the trade deadline and really surprised he hasn't been dealt yet.

That's easy. Was simply waiting for the Parise fiasco to be done with to drive Nash's price up even more. Might even wait until Semin is signed too. Wouldn't you wait to trade your player until his market value is at his highest?

That's easy. Was simply waiting for the Parise fiasco to be done with to drive Nash's price up even more. Might even wait until Semin is signed too. Wouldn't you wait to trade your player until his market value is at his highest?

Meh because you ignored my comment about the trade deadline last season where Nash asked to be traded. People said all the prices Columbus were asking were too high YET DETROIT WASNT IN THAT MIX at the trade deadline. Prices I'm sure are the same now as they were at the trade deadline. I won't disagree with you on the bolded sentence part, however saying that we can't get Nash is false. Because of what you just said. We could end up overpaying for Nash. You said people are dreaming well if we strike out on everyone who knows?

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

While I would be perfectly happy landing Nash, I feel it would cost less to get Ryan...then we could trade for Yandle...but if Holland lands Nash and it cost BOTH Fil and Franzine then I can see Holland signing Q and Kubina for the D...

I think Franzine could be spared in this deal though...Filppula, Abdelkader, Tatar, Kindl for Nash...I still prefer Ryan and Yandle, but I trust Kenny!

What would you guys think if Kenny got a package of Nash and Wisniewski in return? I know Wiz is at $5.5M...

Why would we ever want to deal with Wiz? The guy is an Ahole. He has a ridiculous contract. He doesn't like Detroit and has said so publicly. He also is a classless player who loves a cheap shot. No thanks.I'd rather put my faith in the guys who wear the winged wheel proudly.

I can't help but wonder if Detroit is at the top or even alone on Nash's list. Since something else hasn't happened yet. Probably wishful thinking. But it would explain a few things....curious either way. Maybe he likes where he lives....

EDIT: There are other teams, but I could see something being done already with SJ, NY, pitphilly who have some desireable assets.

god I hope SJ doesnt get him.

Edited by Stinkyness

I can't help but wonder if Detroit is at the top or even alone on Nash's list. Since something else hasn't happened yet. Probably wishful thinking. But it would explain a few things....curious either way. Maybe he likes where he lives....

EDIT: There are other teams, but I could see something being done already with SJ, NY, pitphilly who have some desireable assets.

god I hope SJ doesnt get him.

SJ gets him i'll resort to living my life through NHL 13 next year...

Guest Hatethedrake!

To Detroit: Rick Nash

To Columbus: entire Red Wings team

Howson: I want more.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Kenny offered Columbus an entire line for Nash? Heck why not throw in 2 dmen and a goalie while we're at it? Franzen, Filppula, Nyquist, Smith, Quincey and Howard! Howson: I want more.

Holland had better not have offered that, Nash is good, and would probably put up great numbers in Detroit, but he's not worth top prospects like those two.

WellI guess if that rumor is true Holland didn't want to give up Smith as well or Nash would already be ours.

We're gonna have to overpay even more than any other team, so I wouldn't be shocked if it's true.

Change Nyquist to Tatar and instead of Smith we give them a 1st or something, then I'd do it, on the condition that we manage to sign Semin or Doan.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Here is my offer to Howson...

To Detroit: Rick Nash

To Columbus: Jan Mursak, Cory Emmerton, Landon Ferraro, Joey MacDonald. Plus a voice message of Kenny Holland saying KISS MY ASS.

WellI guess if that rumor is true Holland didn't want to give up Smith as well or Nash would already be ours.

We're gonna have to overpay even more than any other team, so I wouldn't be shocked if it's true.

Change Nyquist to Tatar and instead of Smith we give them a 1st or something, then I'd do it, on the condition that we manage to sign Semin or Doan.

I would still hate to lose Filppula but this would be a much better deal, and from what I have heard Columbus wants way to much from everyone, not just Detroit.

Guest irishock

Nash is good but he is nowhere near worth Franzen, Flip, Nyquist AND Smith. That's a package you send for a franchise player.

Much rather sign Semin outright rather than giving up that much for Nash. His countrymen Datsyuk could make him look like a legit scoring machine.

Someone should tell Howson that Nash isn't even a borderline hall of fame player... maybe he should stop asking for a Gretzky ransom.

Sooner or later something has got to give in that whole situation. Nash refusing to increase his list of teams, Howson refusing to lower his demands to a reasonable level... Nash can't possibly stay in Columbus imo but one or the other will have to budge.

I hope Howson sees reason and realizes that Nash is not worth a 30 goal scorer, a 60 point 2-way center and 2 great prospects. Because I would love to see Nash in a Wings jersey. Imagine Semin on Datsyuk's wing and Nash on Zetterberg's. Killer 1-2 punch. Yes defense is a matter of great importance as well, but it could be solved if we could send Franzen one way and Filppula the other for Nash and Yandle respectively.

Ahh, dreams...

Edited by dat's sick

Guest Heaten

I'd rather pass on nash if the price is Franzen AND Filppula, not to mention Nyquist. That is giving up 55+ goals for 30 goals.

pass on nash