• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

St. James: Wings have inquired about Rick Nash

Rate this topic

From what I read elsewhere Detroit offered Franzen, Filppula and Nyquist, but CBJ wanted Smith too.

If that is accurate, I say HELL NO.

Smith would be the deal breaker for me. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on the others. Maybe the Ducks would take that package for Ryan?

I'm going to be pretty frustrated if we trade a huge package for Nash, when the same deal likely could have gotten us Yandle. Now I know that if it does happen we will never know but there's a good chance it will be close to what Phoenix would want and D is our biggest hole.

I wish that we would trade for Yandle or another D man then sign Semin and/or Doan... (depending on cap hits but I think it would be doable)

Guest Hatethedrake!

Nash will be staying in Columbus as long as Howson is gauging his value as Wayne Gretzky in his prime. I understand that he is trying to save his job and needs to make an excellent trade, but this situation will be even worse if Nash is still in Columbus come October. What a distraction for the team it will be. No team is going to pay his unrealistic price. I thought SJ's offer of Pavelski, Clowe and Demers was a fair offer.

From what I read elsewhere Detroit offered Franzen, Filppula and Nyquist, but CBJ wanted Smith too.

If that is accurate, I say HELL NO.

That's interesting, where did you read that. I ask because I was pretending to be Howson the other day, imaging what I would want from the Wings for Nash and I said Franzen, Filppula, Smith and 1st rounder.

That is a lot, but by the time Smith and Nyquist become star NHL players (if they do), Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be over 35 and they're skills will be diminishing. I feel like Holland didn't do enough to build a championship team around Nick before he retired, I would hate to see that happen again with these two. Get Nash, give our best players a chance to win now.

Edited by xtrememachine1

Regaurdless is he really worth it there is a wealth of talent it only takes the offer u can't refuse to make it happen and I'm sure after the suter and praise bulls*** mike and kenny will be side by side during negotiations for our next targets. would nash be good for detroit yes but so would kessler semin yandle doan ryan malkin(and I really hate sayin that one) and plenty of others I'm sure holland an mike are weighing options very carefully so as not to get screwed again. I for one believe the wings will not let me down in the year my son is born. And if all else fails we got two great goalies I have faith. One last thing f*** pitt and columbus thef****** posers

That's interesting, where did you read that. I ask because I was pretending to be Howson the other day, imaging what I would want from the Wings for Nash and I said Franzen, Filppula, Smith and 1st rounder.

That is a lot, but by the time Smith and Nyquist become star NHL players (if they do), Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be over 35 and they're skills will be diminishing. I feel like Holland didn't do enough to build a championship team around Nick before he retired, I would hate to see that happen again with these two. Get Nash, give our best players a chance to win now.

Did you really just say that?

I suppose winning 4 Stanley Cups and making it to the finals another time isn't enough for some people. Hell, they won a cup in 2008 and made it to the finals in 2009.

Hockey isn't won with money but with heart and shear love for the team get players who want nothing else than to be a redwing. A team that has gone from bottom to top in wat the past 13 yrs. An original six and still putting the new guys in there place we r a team to be feared not one to fear. We make the young envious and the old wishing to play for us give us( the fans) a player that brings back wat yzerman left love for the wings or even the team u play for. Kenny mike find one that has that heart and the stanley will be urs once again

I suppose winning 4 Stanley Cups and making it to the finals another time isn't enough for some people. Hell, they won a cup in 2008 and made it to the finals in 2009.

Oh god, here we go again. Please, do tell, how did Holland significantly contribute to any of those cups? Seriously.

s*** I know I'm speaking out of my ass but if I could've afforded it when I was younger and made it to the nhl s*** even to this day id play for the wings for free me and my mom watched u guys every game untill the day she died I have morememories with the redwings then I have with my dad. And I know I will pass it on to my son andhopefully his son and so on point is do wat u do best wings and win when everyone says u can't.

f*** nashs price ur prospects are worth more

Relax, I was referring to the last 3 years. Every year was "This could be his last. We need to load up for a championship now!" and we sign Ian White, Mike Modano, Jiri Hudler, and Todd Bertuzzi. I wouldn't exactly call that pushing for a championship. in those last three years with Lidstrom we knew it could be his final season and we barely did anything to help him finish on top. I would hate to see Datsyuk and Zetterberg waste the prime of their career waiting for prospects to get up to speed, when we could have a player like Rick Nash now.

Nash will be staying in Columbus as long as Howson is gauging his value as Wayne Gretzky in his prime. I understand that he is trying to save his job and needs to make an excellent trade, but this situation will be even worse if Nash is still in Columbus come October. What a distraction for the team it will be. No team is going to pay his unrealistic price. I thought SJ's offer of Pavelski, Clowe and Demers was a fair offer.

LOL. How do you know SJ offered that for Nash?

for wat cost is the problem the core of our shattered team he aint worth it he is good just not wat there asking good we could get better for less I believe f*** columbus and any team that shares a home with the buckeyes I'm micigan made an damn proud of it. The players we have may be prospects but there top notch prospects wat oter teams prospects played in the playoffs(nhl not ahl) and still won games granted not the stanley but games none the less. Thats one small step for players of the ahl everywere and one giant leap for our prospects

Oh god, here we go again. Please, do tell, how did Holland significantly contribute to any of those cups? Seriously.

Ok then, since I was replying to someone who said that Holland DIDN'T build a championship team around Nick, how DIDN'T he contribute to building the team as GM?

Answer: He did contribute to building the team.

Did you even read what I was replying to? Obviously not.

Edited by Nightfall

Relax, I was referring to the last 3 years. Every year was "This could be his last. We need to load up for a championship now!" and we sign Ian White, Mike Modano, Jiri Hudler, and Todd Bertuzzi. I wouldn't exactly call that pushing for a championship. in those last three years with Lidstrom we knew it could be his final season and we barely did anything to help him finish on top. I would hate to see Datsyuk and Zetterberg waste the prime of their career waiting for prospects to get up to speed, when we could have a player like Rick Nash now.

You might have wanted to clarify that then.

Besides, based on the cup winner this year, I think its readily apparent that any team that makes the playoffs has a legit shot to win it all. The Wings made the playoffs the last three years. You really can't blame Holland for the Wings not winning the cup the last three years. They had the team to do it, but if anything, I blame the hunger level of this team. It was quite obvious that San Jose was hungrier in 10 and 11, while the Preds were hungrier in 12. I am not saying that Holland can do no wrong, but there are things he can control and things he can't. In the end, Holland has built playoff caliber teams and very few here want to give him credit where credit is due.

Edited by Nightfall

Is Columbus looking for Franzen in return?

If true, it's because Howson is an idiot. Think about this, he's the leading scorer of the Detroitf****** Red Wings. Sounds great like that, doesn't it? Wait til' Howson has him on the team and shows inconsistency and wants "more fun". If we make this trade, Nash will be a down right steal. Sure we may have to throw in a pick or prospect, but we have too many skaters at the moment and I don't think someone like Mursak will flourish too much more.

Franzen + Mursak + 3rd rd pick is my hope. Holland just has to sell the "come on man he's our top scorer, you can't ask for much more than that!" line.

You might have wanted to clarify that then.

Besides, based on the cup winner this year, I think its readily apparent that any team that makes the playoffs has a legit shot to win it all. The Wings made the playoffs the last three years. You really can't blame Holland for the Wings not winning the cup the last three years. They had the team to do it, but if anything, I blame the hunger level of this team. It was quite obvious that San Jose was hungrier in 10 and 11, while the Preds were hungrier in 12. I am not saying that Holland can do no wrong, but there are things he can control and things he can't. In the end, Holland has built playoff caliber teams and very few here want to give him credit where credit is due.

I give Holland credit where credit is due. He has put together some great teams over the years, no doubt and he should be commended for that, but the goal of this franchise isn't to just make the playoffs. Lidstrom was trying to finish out his career on top and Holland really didn't do anything to try to improve our chances at accomplishing that goal. A minor signing here and there, nothing of importance really. A lot of "standing pat" and "we like our team". Well Holland may have liked his team, but they failed to advance beyond the 2nd round in each of the last three years. This year, he actually had some cap space available, traded for Quincey and we got bounced in the first round.

I don't want to get into a "Holland is the reason we lost" argument because there's plenty of blame to go around from the players to the coaches to the GM. Back to my original point, if there's an elite talent out there and available now, I would rather Holland go after it, trade some "untouchable" prospects to get it if you have to and give yourself a much better chance at success now. They didn't do that when Lidstrom was here these past three years and I would hate to see history repeat itself with Datsyuk and Zetterberg while they're in their prime right now which I why I think they should push as hard as they can for Nash. Don't give up the whole farm system to get him, but don't be reluctant to trade a Brendan Smith or Gustav Nyquist or both to significantly improve your team now.

I give Holland credit where credit is due. He has put together some great teams over the years, no doubt and he should be commended for that, but the goal of this franchise isn't to just make the playoffs. Lidstrom was trying to finish out his career on top and Holland really didn't do anything to try to improve our chances at accomplishing that goal. A minor signing here and there, nothing of importance really. A lot of "standing pat" and "we like our team". Well Holland may have liked his team, but they failed to advance beyond the 2nd round in each of the last three years. This year, he actually had some cap space available, traded for Quincey and we got bounced in the first round.

I don't want to get into a "Holland is the reason we lost" argument because there's plenty of blame to go around from the players to the coaches to the GM. Back to my original point, if there's an elite talent out there and available now, I would rather Holland go after it, trade some "untouchable" prospects to get it if you have to and give yourself a much better chance at success now. They didn't do that when Lidstrom was here these past three years and I would hate to see history repeat itself with Datsyuk and Zetterberg while they're in their prime right now which I why I think they should push as hard as they can for Nash. Don't give up the whole farm system to get him, but don't be reluctant to trade a Brendan Smith or Gustav Nyquist or both to significantly improve your team now.

I am in agreement with this....but to an extent.

Columbus is looking to rape the Red Wings from the way it sounds. Would you trade Flip, Franzen, and Nyquist for Nash? Hell, IMHO, Flip, Smith, and Nyquist is a HUGE price to pay for Nash.

Columbus is looking to rape the Red Wings from the way it sounds.

If Columbus wants our entire farm system, well that's too bad for them. We're not giving up everybody for Nash.

Would you trade Flip, Franzen, and Nyquist for Nash? Hell, IMHO, Flip, Smith, and Nyquist is a HUGE price to pay for Nash.

Would I make that deal? Absolutely. Franzen and Flip's combined salaries would make Nash's cap hit almost non-existent. Not to mention, Flip is a UFA next summer. I would think Columbus would want an extension in place before a trade, but if not, we could always get him right back next year. Hate to lose Nyquist and Smith, but I'll always take proven talent over unknown commodities.

Edited by xtrememachine1