• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

St. James: Wings have inquired about Rick Nash

Rate this topic

You wouldn't trade flip, Franzen and a pick for Nash? Would CBJ take it?

I was trying to imagine if I was Columbus, what would I want in return for Nash. Franzen, Filpulla, Smith and a 1st rounder was the first thing to come to mind.

I'd rather take some of these packages and offer them to New Jersey for Kovalchuk.

If they feel they need his contract to get to the cap floor I'd try and work the Jackets into a 3 way deal with the Wings getting Kovy, the Devils Nash and his contract and Columbus a mixture of players/picks/prospects from both teams.

Nash is way better than kovalchuk... Nash is the best power forward in the NHL . Nash rarely has played with good players he would blow ppl away playing with Datsyuk. In the Olympics he was Canada's best forward by far

You've got to be kidding, trolling or mistaken as to who Rick Nash is.

Nash outscored only 2 forwards on Canada's entire team despite getting more ice-time than all but Crosby. He also had the 3rd worst +/- of all Canadian forwards for the Olympics. Toews was Canada's best forward and Nash wasn't even in the discussion.

Kovalchuk has put up 98 pts and over 50 goals while playing with a similar level of talent to Nash. Nash hasn't topped 80 in his career and topped 40 goals only once. He is also signed to a much better cap hit than Nash.

Kovalchuk would be the best offensive player on our team if we could swing that deal. Nash would be 4th depending on who we traded to get him.

would love to have him but I don't see Columbus throwing out all logic and trading him to their division rival. then again it is Columbus. if it happens I hope we don't give up too much for him.

Edited by Number19

Franzen, Flip, Kindl and the pick for Nash...

Wouldn't send 2 starters for Nash ... specially 2 top 2 line players for him. One of them and 2 prospects add in a draft pick and get this guy in the winged wheel.

Good God, no. I don't want him, we don't need him...he's got more baggage than FedEx at Christmas time. He can stay where he is...he and Columbus deserve each other.

Wouldn't send 2 starters for Nash ... specially 2 top 2 line players for him. One of them and 2 prospects add in a draft pick and get this guy in the winged wheel.

Based on the offer they reportedly turned down from NY, that wouldn't be NEARLY enough. And that's ignoring the fact that we're also a team in the same division. The cost would be astronomical.

Franzen, Flip, Kindl and the pick for Nash...

This is exactly what my brother and I were talking about today. Nash is a much better winger than Filpula and Franzen. This would be good only if we signed Semin as well. Imagine Semin with Datsyuk and Nash with Zetterberg. I love Flip but Nash is a better winger by far.

Good God, no. I don't want him, we don't need him...he's got more baggage than FedEx at Christmas time. He can stay where he is...he and Columbus deserve each other.

Why do you not want him? And yes, we could use him ha

Not a chance on earth would I make that deal.

Filppula put up more pts than Nash on his own last season, in fewer minutes, while Franzen put up only 3 fewer than Nash.

Yet somehow Nash gets paid more than both of them combined.

I wouldn't trade Filppula for Nash straight up.

Not to mean, but that is stupid ha

Based on the offer they reportedly turned down from NY, that wouldn't be NEARLY enough. And that's ignoring the fact that we're also a team in the same division. The cost would be astronomical.

I mean, what happens if they don't find a sucker to give up astronomical assets? They are going to have to cave in and take the best offer. Otherwise they're going to have a captain who hates playing for his team.

I think I'm gonna start pulling stuff straight from my ass, and posting it under my own rating system as insider info... Here goes, this is my inaugural post, enjoy

From a credible source, I have it on good authority that a major 3 team deal is in the works and could occur in the next two days:

To NYR:

Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau

To Nashville:

Ryan McDonagh, Carl Hagelin and 2013 NYR 1st rd pick

To SJ:

Shea Weber, Martin Erat

***S4***

Edited by stevkrause

now he's getting paid Crosby money to produce like Franzen

Drake, I know you are respected 'round here but this crusade to suggest that Rick Nash equates to Johan Franzen must end. Howson could very well be off his rocker, but Nash is Columbus' franchose cash cow. He was the most highly sought-after trade target at the deadline; he is highly sought-after now.

Aaron Portzline: Haven't seen Rick Nash's "approved" list. Only GM Scott Howson, agent Joe Resnick and Nash himself know entirety of the list. But ...... the teams I know to be on the list are Detroit, NY Rangers, Philadelphia and San Jose. To be clear: there could be one or two more.

Make the trade to clear enough cap space for Nash, Suter & Semin...I have to think Emmerton/Mursak/ One of Miller and Eaves and possibly Nyquist (although he may be waiver safe) are in danger of losing their jobs...

Eaves and Cleary would clear 4 mill. Emmerton gone would be 4.5millish.

Mr. Holland, if you make the Nash deal right now, it will more than likely guarantee Suter signs with your team...then Parise will come calling and you can say....too late Zach....then sign Semin and Abby and trade the excess and be done...We Want Stanley!

Eaves and Cleary would clear 4 mill. Emmerton gone would be 4.5millish.

Right. I wasn't saying those guys would clear enough, I was saying make the trade for Nash (Franzine plus -or- Filppula plus) then sign Suter and Semin. But having Nash and Semin some folks will be bumped out, that is what I was referring to with the other names (unless some of those names are included along with Franzine or Filppula in the Nash deal.) Either way, a couple of bottom 6'ers will be sans job come October.

Mr. Holland, if you make the Nash deal right now, it will more than likely guarantee Suter signs with your team...then Parise will come calling and you can say....too late Zach....then sign Semin and Abby and trade the excess and be done...We Want Stanley!

Right. I wasn't saying those guys would clear enough, I was saying make the trade for Nash (Franzine plus -or- Filppula plus) then sign Suter and Semin. But having Nash and Semin some folks will be bumped out, that is what I was referring to with the other names (unless some of those names are included along with Franzine or Filppula in the Nash deal.) Either way, a couple of bottom 6'ers will be sans job come October.

Come clean, you drink a lot this time of year, don't you? :)

Come clean, you drink a lot this time of year, don't you? :)

No....those guys I listed are apart from the trade for Nash... I am not saying trade Emmerton/Mursak/Miller/Nyquist for Nash...

Whatever the trade will cost to land Nash. Then you will have to dump some bottom 6'ers to make roster spots for the new acquisitions, so whoever isn't traded in the Nash deal from the ones I listed will be in danger of losing a job to make room for Tootoo, Sammy, Semin and Brunner...

I see any Nash deal starting with Franzen. Columbus won't take any 3rd and 4th liners. Drop the pipe dream. It would take kids like Kindl, Tatar, etc and a pick along with Mule. Mule's long deal provides security for Columbus.